What were the top nuGnR concerts so far?

Cosmo

'Till this very day, from the very first leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour, which were the best performances, the best concerts for all the three nuGnR line-ups so far?

On the top of my head it's:

Rock Am Ring

Rock in Rio III

Tokyo '09

Download Festival '06

What else?

We've had much better concerts than those. Rock am Ring - not the best setlist, Axl's voice was average at best. Download, well, a very good show, but they've had much better shows in 06 - like the last shows of the year, the last shows of the European Tour, MSG, etc. Tokyo 09 - Axl's voice sucked and Ashba was a total, a brutal mess and Rock in Rio 3 wasn't one of the best, even though I loved it - RIR 4 was much better I'd say... and HOB's show was better and I don't even know why - maybe because Brain was much better in Vegas and they had Riad on the setlist?

We've had much better concerts than those. Rock am Ring - not the best setlist, Axl's voice was average at best. Download, well, a very good show, but they've had much better shows in 06 - like the last shows of the year, the last shows of the European Tour, MSG, etc. Tokyo 09 - Axl's voice sucked and Ashba was a total, a brutal mess and Rock in Rio 3 wasn't one of the best, even though I loved it - RIR 4 was much better I'd say... and HOB's show was better and I don't even know why - maybe because Brain was much better in Vegas and they had Riad on the setlist?

Tokyo '09 is on the list on the merits of it's setlist alone.

The second night at the O2 last year is for sure one of the best so far. Great setlist, killer performance, and Duff.

Either the first Hammerstein show or the last in '06 belongs on there.

My top 5 for one reason or another would be (In no particular order):

- Boston '02 (Great performance)

- Hammerstein '06 first/last show (Great comeback shows)

- Tokyo '09 (Longest show to date)

- Hamilton '10 (I'm probably biased, but the band was on fire that night, plus TWAT and Scraped)

- London '10 second night (Setlist, performance, Duff)

Toronto '10 (good setlist and voice)

Prague '10 (Axl was in full control on his voice on this one + they played IRS, Scarpped, and Shackler's)

L'arc '10 (acoustic performance, great Catcher solo by Bumblefoot)

Edited by Rafał

Dude? RiR 4 was better than 3?! Whaat?! RiR 3 launched nuGnR, they played 4 unheard songs! Even though RiR 4 had Estranged, there was the November Rain disaster plus no new songs and Axl in a bad voice day! Axl's voice at the Download Festival was much weaker than Rock Am Ring! Have you even heard both concerts?!?! Only superior thing about it was Izzy!

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

I like: Vegas (see Riad) and RIR '01 (see WWTJ, Easy, Rocket Queen, Michelle, Think About You, Oh My God, Axl crying and introducing Beta)

MSG, Boston, Chicago, Albany and Leeds (check out KOHD) in '02. Bucket was stellar esp. on Nightrain.

Didnt really care for '06 personally. No Bucket, Brain was bored, Finck was out of place, Axl was tinkering with his voice and looking unhealthy.

Tons of great ones in '10: O2 with Duff (best YCBM and Nice Boys in nu Gnr history, imo), Puerto Rico (best Michelle ever), Zagreb, Bucharest, Antwerpen, Prague, L'Arc (best Rosie and best Catcher ever), etc. The Asian and Canadian gigs werent great but they were notable because of long ass shows and ACTUALLY PLAYING CHI DEM SONGS :)

But then Axl decided to sit around, eat cheetos, and forget NR lyrics...

'11 is pretty good: Remarkable recovery from RIR at their Chile gig; Orlando, Miami. I've lost track a bit the last few months because, well, they are in the US with boring crowds (it pains this patriot to say) and they (he) refuse(s) to play new shit or whatever. From what I see though, the reviews are good and it seems to be the best US leg in 'nu Gnr' history. Cheers.