So I think this band could rock the shit out of Breakdown live

tippin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakdown'd be perfect. One of my all-time favorite songs. But we gotta proceed slowly. You must win the battle before you win the war, y'know? And Breakdown wasn't on the RIR setlist, so it's doubtful it'd get a spin even if a campaign was in place. We should concentrate our energy on a song that was on the RIR setlist, like OMG. Especially since OMG got reworked and, based upon that soundcheck video, sounds absolutely bitchin' now.

Breakdown'd be perfect. One of my all-time favorite songs. But we gotta proceed slowly. You must win the battle before you win the war, y'know? And Breakdown wasn't on the RIR setlist, so it's doubtful it'd get a spin even if a campaign was in place. We should concentrate our energy on a song that was on the RIR setlist, like OMG. Especially since OMG got reworked and, based upon that soundcheck video, sounds absolutely bitchin' now.

We've been focusing on OMG for months now..and Civil War before that..It's time to bring back something fresh..something that's only been heard live a couple times..If it has to wait till next tour..fine with me..But you have to admit, the way Axl's singing now would be perfect for it!

We've been focusing on OMG for months now..and Civil War before that..It's time to bring back something fresh..something that's only been heard live a couple times..If it has to wait till next tour..fine with me..But you have to admit, the way Axl's singing now would be perfect for it!

Estranged was campaigned for a LONG time, a lot longer than OMG, and we finally got it. When I asked Bumblefoot about OMG, he said that it's all about how Axl's feeling that night, basically. Perhaps an inflatable dolphin with the words "Oh My God" will make him "feel" the song more.

I thought I also read that Axl said that they were trying to integrate Civil War into the setlist, but he said it, like, three years ago in the chats. At least, I thought he said that. Estranged, Don't Cry, and Civil War. He got Don't Cry, after some years he got Estranged, so Civil War could be on the horizon.

But I think OMG is more likely.

I gotta disagree and say that I personally care very little for Breakdown, and that there are 5-10 other plausible songs I'd rather see first.

like what

Can you imagine how awesome Civil War is going to sound? I wonder who will get to do the solos?

have they been playing it?

Estranged was campaigned for a LONG time, a lot longer than OMG, and we finally got it. When I asked Bumblefoot about OMG, he said that it's all about how Axl's feeling that night, basically. Perhaps an inflatable dolphin with the words "Oh My God" will make him "feel" the song more.

I thought I also read that Axl said that they were trying to integrate Civil War into the setlist, but he said it, like, three years ago in the chats. At least, I thought he said that. Estranged, Don't Cry, and Civil War. He got Don't Cry, after some years he got Estranged, so Civil War could be on the horizon.

But I think OMG is more likely.

I know it is..Wouldn't be surprised to hear it in LA or Vegas..This is just "pie in the sky" kinda shit..Breakdown would just be perfect for the way he's singing now though..We'll eventually get OMG though for sure..

I gotta disagree and say that I personally care very little for Breakdown, and that there are 5-10 other plausible songs I'd rather see first.

like what

Can you imagine how awesome Civil War is going to sound? I wonder who will get to do the solos?

have they been playing it?

No.. They haven't..I don't know if Axl's voice could take it right now though..It's all rasp...Breakdown you could sing clean though, and it would sound great...

I get people that don't like Breakdown right away, but after a few listens, that song is sick. So many great things going on in it. The way Axl sings it, those brilliant lyrics, the driving piano, that complex-sounding rhythm section. But the lyrics are what sell the song, really. The only better GN'R lyrics, in my opinion, of course, are found in Don't Damn Me, but only by a hair, y'know? Breakdown's the type of song you can listen to when you're happy and it went get you down in the dumps, and when you're down in the dumps, you can listen to it to cheer you up, to pull you out of yourself, if you will. At least, that's how I've always seen the song. My second favorite off of UYI II.

Oh My God, Scraped, IRS, There Was A Time, Yesterdays, My Michelle, Think About You, Catcher in the Rye, If The World, Locomotive, Civil War, Out Ta Get Me, etc. I'd rather have them do more faster paced songs; setlist already has November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Knockin on Heaven's Door, Patience, Madagascar, and Sorry.

I get people that don't like Breakdown right away, but after a few listens, that song is sick. So many great things going on in it. The way Axl sings it, those brilliant lyrics, the driving piano, that complex-sounding rhythm section. But the lyrics are what sell the song, really. The only better GN'R lyrics, in my opinion, of course, are found in Don't Damn Me, but only by a hair, y'know? Breakdown's the type of song you can listen to when you're happy and it went get you down in the dumps, and when you're down in the dumps, you can listen to it to cheer you up, to pull you out of yourself, if you will. At least, that's how I've always seen the song. My second favorite off of UYI II.

It was also one of Slash's best guitar solos too.

I feel Dizzy needs more song to show off his skills.

Wasn't Breakdown never performed because it was too complex for the band at the time? I think with three guitarists and two keyboardists it can be done.

I'm going to the la show and it would be sweet to hear either breakdown or civil war. Fuck man. Its going to be awesome no matter what. I can't wait.

Well...don't get your hopes up man..I think the best we can hope for is OMG..According to all the setlists we've seen anyway..The funny thing about music is, you have to actually rehearse it before you play it live..and I don't think they've rehearsed either Breakdown or Civil War..with enough prodding though..Who knows?! Lol

I would love Breakdown too, but if we're concentrating on the Rio setlist, we should be going for The General. I would kill to hear something new.

I agree..I'd be ECSTATIC if they played new songs..but I don't think it's gonna happen....Yet...

I'm going to the la show and it would be sweet to hear either breakdown or civil war. Fuck man. Its going to be awesome no matter what. I can't wait.

Well...don't get your hopes up man..I think the best we can hope for is OMG..According to all the setlists we've seen anyway..The funny thing about music is, you have to actually rehearse it before you play it live..and I don't think they've rehearsed either Breakdown or Civil War..with enough prodding though..Who knows?! Lol

are you going to that show too? I think the current earlier is pretty rad so there would be no complaints from me. If I had to choose between civil or breakdown, I think I would have to go with civil although to hear breakdown live would be epic.

are you going to that show too? I think the current earlier is pretty rad so there would be no complaints from me. If I had to choose between civil or breakdown, I think I would have to go with civil although to hear breakdown live would be epic.

I am! I'm in San Diego, and am planning on driving up early on the 21st..We should meet up! Who's bringing the "Play Breakdown" banner and the plastic dolphins? You pick one, I'll bring the other! Haha!

I am! I'm in San Diego, and am planning on driving up early on the 21st..We should meet up! Who's bringing the "Play Breakdown" banner and the plastic dolphins? You pick one, I'll bring the other! Haha!

cool dude. I, from sd too. I am planning on going up early and Getting a hotel near the sunset strip and making a night of it.