So I think this band could rock the shit out of Breakdown live

tippin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locomotive's been played, too. It's just Don't Damn Me that's never appeared on a setlist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWCxTdY9qAg

I love Locomotive, but it's kinda looked at as a "Slash song" though..Therefore has no chance..Kinda like Coma..wish it would be played live, but it aint gonna happen..Honestly though, I'd still rather hear new shit..

I'm going to the la show and it would be sweet to hear either breakdown or civil war. Fuck man. Its going to be awesome no matter what. I can't wait.

Well...don't get your hopes up man..I think the best we can hope for is OMG..According to all the setlists we've seen anyway..The funny thing about music is, you have to actually rehearse it before you play it live..and I don't think they've rehearsed either Breakdown or Civil War..with enough prodding though..Who knows?! Lol

are you going to that show too? I think the current earlier is pretty rad so there would be no complaints from me. If I had to choose between civil or breakdown, I think I would have to go with civil although to hear breakdown live would be epic.

I am! I'm in San Diego, and am planning on driving up early on the 21st..We should meet up! Who's bringing the "Play Breakdown" banner and the plastic dolphins? You pick one, I'll bring the other! Haha!

cool dude. I, from sd too. I am planning on going up early and Getting a hotel near the sunset strip and making a night of it.

I'm sooo down! Hit me up! My number's 619-599-3600

Edited by tippin

I get people that don't like Breakdown right away, but after a few listens, that song is sick. So many great things going on in it. The way Axl sings it, those brilliant lyrics, the driving piano, that complex-sounding rhythm section. But the lyrics are what sell the song, really. The only better GN'R lyrics, in my opinion, of course, are found in Don't Damn Me, but only by a hair, y'know? Breakdown's the type of song you can listen to when you're happy and it went get you down in the dumps, and when you're down in the dumps, you can listen to it to cheer you up, to pull you out of yourself, if you will. At least, that's how I've always seen the song. My second favorite off of UYI II.

It was also one of Slash's best guitar solos too.

I feel Dizzy needs more song to show off his skills.

Wasn't Breakdown never performed because it was too complex for the band at the time? I think with three guitarists and two keyboardists it can be done.

I agree 100%! It'd be dead on now though!

Songs that have never been played live: Get in the Ring, Don't Damn Me, My World, Shotgun Blues, and Sympathy for the Devil. Someone oughta edit that Wikipedia page.

Thanks. I didn't realize that Shotgun Blues was never played. There were a few off of The Spaghetti Incident too though.

Ah, nevermind.

From The Spaghetti Incident, Only Attitude, Down On The Farm (04.07.90) and Hair Of The Dog (05.23.88 and 11.09.90, although that last time was by the band known as GAK) have been played live. Since I Don't Have You was used as an intro (only 4 lines) for Patience in 1993.
Edited by Kill Devil Hill

breakdown? Wtf?

Have they EVER played that sing live? And it has to be the GNR song that I have listened to least. I always skip over Shotgun Blues and Breakdown.

Wow, Breakdown is an awesome song, dude! I always skip Shotgun Blues tho...

They have MANY songs to play prior to Breakdown

CIVIL WAR

YESTERDAYS

TWAT

CATCHER

PRETTY TIED UP

LOCOMOTIVE

THINK ABOUT YOU

PROSTITUTE

ITW