Bob Dylan joining GNR for KOHD?

dalsh327

Dylan's close to 70, if not in his 70s.... GNR should've been at the Dylan 30th back in the early 90s, and Bob's been on stage with many great bands as a guest.

So... as someone who loves GNR and Bob, the man who lifted rock and roll into an art form, shouldn't they put the invite out to have him join them on stage to do a couple of songs with him? He doesn't even have to play the guitar, just put one of Dizzy's keyboards out for him. Just thinking of how fucking loud that audience would get with Bob delivering the "mama put my gun in the ground" line. He's a nightowl kind of guy anyway.

Plus Axl could give him a ride there and back.

Assuming Axl personally asks him and Bob says "sure", what would be a good Dylan song for GNR to tackle? Positively 4th? Like a Rolling Stone? Rainy Day Women?

No. I love Dylan and saw him earlier this month, but Dylan + Guns would just be terrible. And I think most GN'R fans would hate the way Dylan sings these days. It would be a fiasco.

I've always wanted to hear Guns cover "Maggie's Farm" though. I really think they could do a kick ass version.

No. I love Dylan and saw him earlier this month, but Dylan + Guns would just be terrible. And I think most GN'R fans would hate the way Dylan sings these days. It would be a fiasco.

I've always wanted to hear Guns cover "Maggie's Farm" though. I really think they could do a kick ass version.

I know what you're saying, but to bring him out for a verse, and how he sings it, would be forgiven. People would just go "it's Bob Fucking Dylan, he can sing it how he wants." To me, that and Live and Let Die with Paul showing up would be sick. And just imagine GNR breaking into a Beatles song with Paul. Bumblefoot's already got Strawberry Fields covered, the band knows how to play Beatles songs. 5 minute rehearsal...

Who knows, maybe Axl would write a song with Bob for the next CD. If Dylan's written with the likes of Gene Simmons, all Axl would do is take one of those incomplete songs, go "struggling with this..." and Dylan would start rewriting it. He's done this for people before... he wrote a song in 5 minutes for the "Easy Rider" movie, and took NO credit. Just went - "give this to McGuinn, he'll know what to do with it." So the guy is pretty generous when it comes to his songwriting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they learn a Neil Diamond song... except Sweet Caroline, although that would be funny as hell to see GNR being Neil's backing band for 5 minutes. But it would just make Axl crack a joke or two.

Dylan's close to 70, if not in his 70s.... GNR should've been at the Dylan 30th back in the early 90s, and Bob's been on stage with many great bands as a guest.

So... as someone who loves GNR and Bob, the man who lifted rock and roll into an art form, shouldn't they put the invite out to have him join them on stage to do a couple of songs with him? He doesn't even have to play the guitar, just put one of Dizzy's keyboards out for him. Just thinking of how fucking loud that audience would get with Bob delivering the "mama put my gun in the ground" line. He's a nightowl kind of guy anyway.

Assuming Axl personally asks him and Bob says "sure", what would be a good Dylan song for GNR to tackle? Positively 4th? Like a Rolling Stone? Rainy Day Women?

This is a stupid thread, not news to top it off

Dalsh is right,Dylan is a prolific songwriter and a living legend.His version of Knocking,isn't the same as GNRs in places but he wrote the fucking song,Hendrix did the best cover of "Watchtower" imo.

When I play Dylan its usually "Rainy Day Women" or Forever,

But the "Johnnys in the basement mixing up the medicine" lyrics are sick.

Also,Dylan can be credited with turning The Beatles on to reefer,fun fact!

Live and Let Die is a Macca song,it would be iconic for Sir Paul to join GNR onstage,but they fucking own that cover,as compared to the original.GNR have also covered "back in the USSR" once,a Beatles era Macca tune.

Would love for GNR to rip into "Don't let me down" or Lennon's "I'm losing you" or "watching the wheels" off Double Fantasy.

It's a "what if" discussion. Doesn't have to be news.

Yes "waht if" Axl suddenly rings me up and asks me to join the band. Really so damn stupid !

It's a "what if" discussion. Doesn't have to be news.

Never got in to Dylan.

I obviously respect the guy as being one of the greatest songwriters EVER, but I'm really turned off by that whole Greenwich Village scene in general.

Watch "No Direction Home" sometime, he wasn't really a "folkie" as much as a kid trying to make a name for himself. But just thinking about what he did between 1963-1966 is amazing, because he stopped rock music from being a "fad".