How many "Chinese Democracy tours" have there been?

billie

How long can you keep touring one album? How many of these "cash grabbing" tours before people start saying , enough!?

They have officially being touring this album, "Chinese Democracy" every year since its crazily delayed release date of 2008, unofficially every concert since 2001

Will you continue to support this band if they are touring this album in 2012,2013, 2014.... onwards?

I know that this is a controversial question in a hard core gun n roses fans forum, but it is a question that needs to be raised!, Does anyone find it a bit tedious and uninventive of a musical group to.. , in Axls words, to keep "beating a dead horse"?

I find it embarassing when I hear Dj Ashba croon every time he is interviewed, that Axl has so many amazing unrealeased songs , and that Axl is a musical genious , misunderstood etc. This coming from a guy that is being obnoxious money to go on these tours. I bet he would love to be touring "Chinese Democracy" in 2014 on the fees he is being paid

Does this bother any Guns n roses fans?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the current tour is a "Greatest Hits" GN'R Tour (including songs from Chinese Demoracy)- as opposed to a true "Chinese Democracy" tour. It's just that a lot of the band's artwork, logos, etc. still have a "Chinese" motif...

Whatever- who cares- it's an AWESOME show and that's what counts...

I'm happy to go see GN'R regardless of what it is they're touring behind.

As for the CD issue, sure they toured it ahead of its release...but you could hardly expect them not to tour it after it finally came out. It would be like not touing the UYI albums in 1991 after they finished the tour in august 1991 before the releae of the actual records.

I'm not trying to bitch

This band has made 10's of millions touring off "Chinese democracy" since 2001

They will keep touring the same tour as long as people keep paying to see them, if there is demand in Japan or Europe next year. Another" Chinese" tour with a couple of song changes. Axl gets to fund his lavish lifestlye, including band wages, and fight his legal costs etc.

Band Members will say how great Axl is and how his music is out of this world, promote his music ( That they know isn't going to be released on their watch), his band members that are getting paid obscene amounts of retainer fees!

Edited by billie

Sales for "Chinese Democracy " CD were not good and he made no money

He has being touring "Chinese Democracy" album since release in 2008 and has tried to make as much money as he can make touring same album in 2008,.2009,.2010 ,2011..2012?,2013?

Edited by billie

This is marketed as a greatest hits tour not CD tour.

So there you have it.

That's just the last album that gnr put out and they enjoy touring.

I doubt you wouldn't want them to tour, or?????

I am glad they are touring and for the record playing, in manys eyes, they best

Rock show they've ever seen.

Everyone wants new music but that's up to the artist when that happens.

Axl ain't in it for the money (at least not to the level of other artists at his level). If he was he'd reunite with Slash and make many times what he does now from touring. I think the guy just enjoy's touring and doesn't enjoy releasing music until it's perfect in his mind. That's just about it.

Touring makes alot more money than new music. Will you pay to see a "greatest hits" or "chinesese democracy" tour in in 2012 or 2013?

Edited by billie

How long can you keep touring one album? How many of these "cash grabbing" tours before people start saying , enough!?

They have officially being touring this album, "Chinese Democracy" every year since its crazily delayed release date of 2008, unofficially every concert since 2001

Will you continue to support this band if they are touring this album in 2012,2013, 2014.... onwards?

I know that this is a controversial question in a hard core gun n roses fans forum, but it is a question that needs to be raised!, Does anyone find it a bit tedious and uninventive of a musical group to.. , in Axls words, to keep "beating a dead horse"?

I find it embarassing when I hear Dj Ashba croon every time he is interviewed, that Axl has so many amazing unrealeased songs , and that Axl is a musical genious , misunderstood etc. This coming from a guy that is being obnoxious money to go on these tours. I bet he would love to be touring "Chinese Democracy" in 2014 on the fees he is being paid

They will tour as long as they want. The next album will be released when they feel it is ready to be released.

This album meant a lot to Axl and he is not ready to move on from it. I have a feeling this will be the last tour before the new album comes out.

Axl ain't in it for the money (at least not to the level of other artists at his level). If he was he'd reunite with Slash and make many times what he does now from touring. I think the guy just enjoy's touring and doesn't enjoy releasing music until it's perfect in his mind. That's just about it.

Touring makes alot more money than new music. Will you pay to see a "greatest hits" or "chinesese democracy" tour in in 2012 or 2013?

What makes more money, Axl touring with his current lineup, or Axl reuniting with the original band? My point stands, it ain't necessarily about money to Axl.

Well, I kinda think that because of Axl's comment about new management and "feeling out the tour" when asked about a new album, is that the record company has those songs "hostage" if you will. But, then again with his lame excuse as to why no videos were released, it's anyone's guess.

I like the players in the new band as musicians and they're probably all wondering where the hell it's all going. It does seem like it's a waste of time considering, in my opinion, every member of the band is a musical powerhouse and their combined efforts could be something really awesome but they're touring yet again with old material and no sign of anything new.

Every week, a new one shows up.

Is it the same poster? Banned away for a week, but then returns under a new screen name?

GnR will tour as long as there are people willing to pay money to see them.

These guys are professional musicians, and they enjoy touring and playing music live for the fans to enjoy.

The band is having a ton fun. The fans attending the shows are having a blast.

What is the problem?

If you want to go see GnR play..............go see them.

If you don't want to see them on tour..........don't go see them.

I'm in two minds. Axl and the guys put absolutely everything into the performance, they get paid and they deserve so. Axl would make an insane amount by pretending he's interested in making music with Slash again and playing a few nostalgic concerts, there's nothing faker than that lol. The people who moan about the Guns N Roses of today being 'fake' mostly want a reunion but isn't that even faker considering how different Axl is as an artist today, it'd go against everything he stands for.

Chinese is a fantastic album and was only released in 2008, people are curious as to what this new incarnation of the band offers, so the demand is there which is great in a market saturated with absolute shite touring and making products to sell, so i'm fine with Axl Rose promoting his music through these tours. On the other side, there's so much potential in this band and i'd love to hear some of the stuff Axl has locked away somewhere, if there wasn't so much time touring maybe a new album could be worked on, but I suppose it'll happen when he's ready, he has no obligation to do anything that he doesn't want to even though it'd be nice as a fan to hear new stuff more often since it's usually fascinating.

How long can you keep touring one album?

As long as they want.

How many of these "cash grabbing" tours before people start saying , enough!?

I will pay a lot of cash to watch them. They still haven't toured Chinese Democracy in my part of the world and besides, this is the best live show out there and as someone said, it's like a greatest hits package.

Yes

No, but posts like yours do begin to sound tedious and un-inventive after a while.

You're embarrassed for DJ and you have a problem with him making more money :huh: ? Ok, I get it. :rolleyes:

No.

It really doesn't seem like they profit much from touring. They have to pay the crew, the luxuries, travel cost, venue costs (staying until 2 in the morning actually costs a lot more in overtime) and finally Axl and the band get their payment. It is no wonder the hardly promote the tour is because there probably isn't enough money to promote it. I don't see how they can break even.

It really doesn't seem like they profit much from touring. They have to pay the crew, the luxuries, travel cost, venue costs (staying until 2 in the morning actually costs a lot more in overtime) and finally Axl and the band get their payment. It is no wonder the hardly promote the tour is because there probably isn't enough money to promote it. I don't see how they can break even.

Merchandi$e.

That's where the $ is at