How many "Chinese Democracy tours" have there been?

billie

I just read the title and my answer is 'not enough'.

People hear would have cried out for repeated Chinese Democracy tours between 02-05 &07-09. Fact!

Now you get what you want, you want a reunion, then you want more new songs, then you want to hear unreleased chinese songs, this band can't please this forum people want to much from 8 guys who owe you nothing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've toured an Appetite/Illusions/Chinese combo six or seven times in the last ten years.

As long as the band's called Guns N' Roses, they're going to keep touring an Appetite/Illusions/Chinese combo; if they release a new album, any new songs that arrive will make up about 15-25% of the setlist.

Deal with it.

Edited by Flayer

2009/2010 as well. I think all it does is reinforce the negative views of this current Gun N Roses that are there persoanlly. Doesn't help at all apart from making some coin.

They get excellent reviews and thousands of ecstatic fans leave the shows every night, that can only help the band and create more interest for the next record.

Only us hardcore fans care about them not playing any new songs, the casual fans couldn't care less as long as they get to hear the hits -- they'd probably prefer another classic before a new song. And it is the casual fans the band need to win over, not us...we are a marginalized, irrelevant group that will buy the next record regardless.

Technically speaking, this year's tour is no longer being called a Chinese Democracy Tour as in past years. Also, the US is the last major touring market to be covered since the album's release. I don't see an issue with whats happening right now at all.

That is right!

Bitches will bitch

and bitch and bitch

Axl ain't in it for the money (at least not to the level of other artists at his level). If he was he'd reunite with Slash and make many times what he does now from touring. I think the guy just enjoy's touring and doesn't enjoy releasing music until it's perfect in his mind. That's just about it.

Boo yeah!

Technically speaking, this year's tour is no longer being called a Chinese Democracy Tour as in past years. Also, the US is the last major touring market to be covered since the album's release. I don't see an issue with whats happening right now at all.

That is right!

The change of tour name was a marketing tactic as "Chinese Democracy" is perceived as a failure in the US of A.

That is right!

The change of tour name was a marketing tactic as "Chinese Democracy" is perceived as a failure in the US of A.

Na. Plain and simple, it wasn't the CD tour. Unless you work for them and know something, we don't. :shrugs:

So, na!

That is right!

Na. Plain and simple, it wasn't the CD tour. Unless you work for them and know something, we don't. :shrugs:

So, na!

Inflatable hand yo. Nuff said ;)

That is right!

So, na!

Inflatable hand yo. Nuff said ;)

You dirty rat!

I went out of my way to see them in 2010, time off work, and flew me and the partner interstate, I've been a fan since the late eighties, she not so much... BUT, NO. I would not do it again, not that it wasn't a great show at the time, but if there's nothing new, i'm not really that interested anymore, plenty of good, local artists touring the country all the time, that if you give half a chance, you'll also have a great experience and hear some new music.. If they were coming close to me though, I guess I'd go though, just because it's GnR. so, I don't really blame people for continuing to go, even if it lasts all this decade, (which it might), because it is what it is, a f*king good night out no matter if you've read or heard the setlist a hundred times before, but to see some consumer backlash, a bit of supply and demand at its finest, should only be a good thing to inspire them to do something collectively, get some recognition for what they are now, and not who they have been, or what they have done before. Until that happens, I think they are running with the premise of an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" formula that, well, until it breaks...

Axl ain't in it for the money (at least not to the level of other artists at his level). If he was he'd reunite with Slash and make many times what he does now from touring. I think the guy just enjoy's touring and doesn't enjoy releasing music until it's perfect in his mind. That's just about it.

That's kind of inaccurate - anyone who does festival and private shows are doing it for the money. He's making a living but he won't compromise because someone wrote him a big check. Enjoying touring? I think you'd have to ask him. I think most people enjoy the time they're on stage, but don't like the down time, living out of a suitcase, going city to city.

I've seen GNR twice - in 2006, GNR coming to Halifax was the greatest thing ever. Never thought I'd see them live, and then they're 5 hours from me. I can't remember looking forward to anything as much as that at the time. Rounded up 8 friends and had one of the best nights of my life. Amazing show.

Saw them again in 2010. This time I was a bit less excited, got tickets the day of the show because I couldn't round up people to go with me and had issues getting there. My sister lived in Halifax, I hadn't seen her in awhile and I'd arranged to meet a friend who eventually became my girlfriend the next day. That's what made me actually get up and go to it, but as it got closer I was excited to hear more CD songs, and I had a great time as usual. Seeing them again didn't feel like something I had to do, but once I was standing on the floor and the show started it was great. (although we got stiffed on the set list).

If they were to come again, I have no idea if I'd go. I'm sure I'd have a good time once I got there, I just don't know if I'd do the drive and spend the money to see the same show again. Yeah, they might replace some old songs with some other old songs, but if it's been played live, I've heard it in person or online before. At this point they'd either have to release new material, or at least play some live, or I'd have to live 20 minutes away to go again. It just doesn't feel like something I'd have to see again....to put that into perspective, the first time I bought paid for one of my friends tickets because he was a huge fan and we had to see it together, and then paid for another ticket for him when more GA seats became available. In total I probably bought 5 tickets for other people/unused just to make sure I got to that concert...

Does this bother any Guns n roses fans?

No.

Not true.

Ok.Maybe it bothers a few people on the internet. Maybe, some people who go to the live shows too.

But, the live shows are a draw for a reason. People want to hear Guns play. Whether or not they are waiting for new music.

Edited by The Archer

2009/2010 as well. I think all it does is reinforce the negative views of this current Gun N Roses that are there persoanlly. Doesn't help at all apart from making some coin.

They get excellent reviews and thousands of ecstatic fans leave the shows every night, that can only help the band and create more interest for the next record.

Only us hardcore fans care about them not playing any new songs, the casual fans couldn't care less as long as they get to hear the hits -- they'd probably prefer another classic before a new song. And it is the casual fans the band need to win over, not us...we are a marginalized, irrelevant group that will buy the next record regardless.

No, the average thinks of them as a cover band. Touring the same songs from 20 years ago mainly, after all the stuff Axl has said over the years I would have thought he was very keen to seperate himself from that era of Guns N Roses but it seems like making some money is a higher priorty.

No, the average thinks of them as a cover band. Touring the same songs from 20 years ago mainly, after all the stuff Axl has said over the years I would have thought he was very keen to seperate himself from that era of Guns N Roses but it seems like making some money is a higher priorty.

No, that's the average person on a fanboard like GnFnR. You tell the average "I went to see Guns N' Roses last month," they'll say "Wow, that's really awesome." Reality check. This is what cliques on the internet do to you, and it's a two way street.

How is the OP trolling really ?

Would you say that, as a fan, a 2019 Chinese Democracy tour would be an exciting thing ?

Stop lying to yourselves, you would all want them to move on and start working on something new.

I agree, it was a legitimate question. There is nothing more tedious than people calling someone a cupcake because they have asked an uncomfortable question.

Instead of trying to understand why the person has his particular viewpoint and respecting his opinion by looking for any merit in the question they hunker back down, put the blinkers on and call cupcake in the most sarcastic and humerous way they can muster in an attempt to gain support with others. Then someone posts this :rofl-lol: with no other words as if that just blows the "cupcake" out of the water.

Then we get pages and pages of arguments with no side willing to concede any grounds on their point of view whatsoever.

Edited by spunko12345

No, that's the average person on a fanboard like GnFnR. You tell the average "I went to see Guns N' Roses last month," they'll say "Wow, that's really awesome." Reality check. This is what cliques on the internet do to you, and it's a two way street.

Haha no the average person who knows a tiny bit about GNR would say how it isn't really GNR and maybe something about Axl being a douche.