Guns N' Roses Nominated for Tour Of The Year

Cosmo

I seen the Motley Crue/Poison/Dolls show this summer, and while it's always a pretty cool show, it probably shouldn't have been that close. GNR was in another stratosphere. The only show I've ever seen that would be in the same area would be the U2 360 show, but it was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Two completely different monsters...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy named Heath commented the exact same thing I've said on here about Rush... ALL of their songs sound the same. Glad I'm not the only sane one.

La Villa Strangiato and Roll The Bones sound the same? News to me. Rush kicks ass live and in the studio.

Glad to see Guns won this one though. It shows a strong fan base and a good reception to the tour. Well deserved! :thumbsup:

Some guy named Heath commented the exact same thing I've said on here about Rush... ALL of their songs sound the same. Glad I'm not the only sane one.

There is no way that songs like Anthem, Big Money, 2112, Natural Science, and Far Cry sound the same lol I can go on and on with examples of how varied Rush can be

Anyways, its cool to see GNR getting noticed more and more. I am a bit surprised that the Motley, Poison, and GGD tour got as many votes as they did considering how many people love to shit on Poison and Motley

Edited by WhazUp

I seen the Motley Crue/Poison/Dolls show this summer, and while it's always a pretty cool show, it probably shouldn't have been that close. GNR was in another stratosphere. The only show I've ever seen that would be in the same area would be the U2 360 show, but it was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Two completely different monsters...

I saw Motley... They were fucken terrible. 90 minutes including all the solo spots and Tommy's crappy drum rollercoaster spot. No encore and Vince Neil mumbling and/or skipping entire sections of both verse and chorus. Fucken joke. Guns in 2007 made them look like a pub band...

This is literally the funniest thing I've read all week. In The Mood and Cygnus X-1, enough said.

Even if you don't actually like Rush's music, I don't see how anyone can deny that they're an incredible live band.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-2011-tour-of-the-year-winner/

Well done to the band and crew. :-D

Guns N’ Roses have been named the 2011 Tour of the Year winner in the first annual Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. Axl Rose and company beat out Rush and Motley Crue in one of the most highly contested of our ten categories.

Almost one-third (32%, specifically) of the voters chose GNR’s three-hour marathon concerts over Motley Crue’s drum rollercoaster-filled smmer trek (24%) and Rush’s ‘Time Machine’ tour (22%), with Journey, Alice Cooper and Kiss rounding out the field.

We were lucky enough to catch a show on Guns N’ Roses tour a few weeks back, and if we haven’t taken the time to file a report about how awesome it was yet, well, there’s two good reasons. It’s partially because the holiday rush overtook us but mostly because, to paraphrase Cartman, the show “warped our fragile little minds.”

Rose, Dizzy Reed and the rest of the Gunners treated the crowd to an energetic (and nearly exhaustive) tour through the band’s entire history, hitting all the “gotta be there” moments while still keeping things lively and not canned. ‘Chinese Democracy’ songs like ‘Sorry’ proved they belong in the band’s impressive canon, and GNR proved they still have great taste in covers by busting out some old AC/DC tunes.

All told, over 230,000 people voted in the 2011 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. You can see the final results for the Tour of the Year voting below, and then click to find out who won in the other nine categories.

Edited by Leddy

motley/poison show was awesome. definitely voted for them they have all the originals whatta show too.

LOOOOOOL, what a dumb thing to say.

I'd rather have Vince Neil (who I looooved way back then) fired from Motley Crue any day of the week.

They should kick his ass out of the Crue and hire Michael Starr from Steel Panther instead!

Vince sucks nowadays, autotune and editing will make you think otherwise, but he fuckin sucks now.

motley/poison show was awesome. definitely voted for them they have all the originals whatta show too.

LOOOOOOL, what a dumb thing to say.

I'd rather have Vince Neil (who I looooved way back then) fired from Motley Crue any day of the week.

They should kick his ass out of the Crue and hire Michael Starr from Steel Panther instead!

Vince sucks nowadays, autotune and editing will make you think otherwise, but he fuckin sucks now.

Rio Axl is actually better than Vince Neil in a good day nowadays. But still, I like him.

La Villa Strangiato and Roll The Bones sound the same? News to me. Rush kicks ass live and in the studio.

Glad to see Guns won this one though. It shows a strong fan base and a good reception to the tour. Well deserved! :thumbsup:

I agree. I've seen Rush many times in concert and this band kicks ass everytime. I don't see their songs sounding the same either. I know Rush has a distintive sound, but so do many bands. Rush was inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame, but I agree they should be in the US one too

I'm just glad that GNR has been inducted on it's first time. They truly deserve being in their because they changed the face and sound of music back in the late 80's, and no one's more rock and roll than GNR! Now and then!

I just hope the guys show up and except the award as a band. Whether they play or not is up to them, but they all should be there to accept it. Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven. I really think they all deserve to be there and maybe then the haters will shut the fuck up for a change!

Great news! This tour has been amazing. It took Axl and GNR a long time to come to cities like Dallas again, but it was so worth the wait!

I really hope Axl meant it when he said he wouldn't take so long to come back! It would be awesome to see Axl and GNR in concert again.

The show was great and you could see how comfortable Axl and the band were with each other and that's so important. the crowd responsed to it and everyone was happy. I'm so glad we GNR fans all came out and supported Axl and GNR. It made all the difference in the world to we fans and GNR.

This is literally the funniest thing I've read all week. In The Mood and Cygnus X-1, enough said.

Even if you don't actually like Rush's music, I don't see how anyone can deny that they're an incredible live band.

For those who don't comprehend.... every was an exaggeration. ALMOST all of the actual hits do sound nearly the same though. Especially the vocal style and tempo. Nowhere enar the variety like tyou get with gnr and most other bands. A minority of people just like claiming less popular groups are the ebst oens because they don't like agreeing with mainstream on who the ebst groups are. Kind of like how this minority of people say how Ron paul is going to win the Presidency.... They exaggerate popularity and support of an udnerdog because they like them and theink everyone else will.

And by the way I like a lot of Rush songs, but indeed the hits all sound so similar that if you listen to them one after another it's boring.

Edited by GiveNuseR