Stinson interview: "The group vibe has been pretty good", "Nothing to derail the train"

auad

He's not going to change the title. We're all giving him the attention he's desperate for in the first place. That was his whole goal, sorta like a kindergartner who disrupts class so they can get attention, be it negative or positive.

I have a feeling the mods won't let this last. Enjoy the attention while ya can, a wad.

hello popcorn. i don't need your attention, i just colaborate in this forum more than you.

the title is the problem? okay. but this is the truth about the band.

in any case, can you to learn me how to change the title?

It doesn't matter if it is "the truth" or not, you can't fuck with quotes like that. I am assuming you are not an academic ace.

How is that for a title change? :)

When you create a thread think of a good title, one that fits with the content...

If you make a mistake use full editor and change title for the thread.

I have changed this one for you, leave it now.

okay man. tanx.

He's not going to change the title. We're all giving him the attention he's desperate for in the first place. That was his whole goal, sorta like a kindergartner who disrupts class so they can get attention, be it negative or positive.

I have a feeling the mods won't let this last. Enjoy the attention while ya can, a wad.

hello popcorn. i don't need your attention, i just colaborate in this forum more than you.

Just because you have a stupid opinion doesn't mean you can misquote Tommy with it.

Good interview by the way.

Well thread aside, that was a nice interview with Tommy, he wants to play more cd songs and he seems genuinely happy , all in all things sound good.

Just because you have a stupid opinion doesn't mean you can misquote Tommy with it.

stupid opinion? what you're talking about?

"Good interview by the way"...

Good interview by the way.

It seems dj has had a great effect not just on Axl, but also the rest of the band, could he be the missing piece of the puzzle that gets Axl to start releasing music again?

One of the more "upbeat" GN'R-related interviews Stinson has done in quite a while IMHO. Dude seems reasonably content with things...

Lots of great interviews with Tommy recently, and all good:

http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t1240-interview-with-tommy-the-boston-globe-november-25-2011

http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t1241-interview-with-tommy-citybeat-november-30-2011

http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t1243-interview-with-tommy-60-memphis-november-30-2011

http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t1246-interview-with-tommy-detroit-news-december-1-2011

He seems REALLY content about being in GN'R.

Sweet. Can't believe I missed all those. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard
Are you stupid?

if the definition of stupid is thinking that fucking with quotes on an internet message board for an 80s rock band is not "serious fucking business" then yes, i'm as thick as shit ;) It's a band, it's a CD on your shelf, they could all drop dead within the next 60 seconds and it wouldn't make a stick of difference and anyway, anyone with half a fucking braincell would know Tommy didn't say that...and y'know how? Cuz it ain't in the interview. And if perchance some yahoo reads the title and thinks "wow, Axl really is a dictator" quite frankly, i couldn't give a flying fuck. In fact, i find it funny. So whoose stupid, the person with a smile on his face over some mis-quoting of a bass player somewhere, or the tart that gets his knickers in a knot over it? If thats stupid then i'll gladly be stupid, thank you ;)

Serious business :rofl-lol:

i see nothing misleading about the quote or the content of the article - whats all the debate about

It was changed that's why. It originally said something along the lines of "Axl commands and we obey" in the original title....Total fabrication

Wow, Tommy's only 45? He's making himself look so old with all the drinking and hard living, I would have guessed his 50s. Like the opposite of DJ, who seems like he's still a kid. Great interview, nice that he makes it clear he's no yes man. Liked the "when all is said and done" line, Catcher went through my head immediately. Feel sorry for Chris though, his job title sounds a little too close to Janitor now. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is why people would act stupid in order to get stir shit and get a response. Don't they understand that they are only making fools of themselves? When the day is over they are the fools not those that rationally decide to respond to obvious trolling. uaud has so far only proven that he is unable to correctly quote a simple text in a pathetic attempt at discrediting a band and people saw through him immediately. So if you are going to cupcake, at least be intelligent about it; it is possible (unless you ARE stupid, of course).

am i stupid? in your opinion. try to explain that.

You want me to explain the fact that you misinterpreted "act stupid" and "unless you ARE stupid" to mean that I believe you actually are stupid? No, I can't do that.

Are you stupid?

if the definition of stupid is thinking that fucking with quotes on an internet message board for an 80s rock band is not "serious fucking business" then yes, i'm as thick as shit ;)

No, you would be stupid for acting that I believe that quotefucking on a band forum is "serious business" outside of the context of the forum, or for behaving as if quotefucking in general is not equivalent to lying and hence anathema to intelligent discourse.

i see nothing misleading about the quote or the content of the article - whats all the debate about

It was changed that's why. It originally said something along the lines of "Axl commands and we obey" in the original title....Total fabrication

Truth,good call :thumbsup:

Wow, Tommy's only 45? He's making himself look so old with all the drinking and hard living, I would have guessed his 50s. Like the opposite of DJ, who seems like he's still a kid. Great interview, nice that he makes it clear he's no yes man. Liked the "when all is said and done" line, Catcher went through my head immediately. Feel sorry for Chris though, his job title sounds a little too close to Janitor now. :rolleyes:

Take into consideration how long he's been performing on stages for, how alcohol is usually a presence, and the lack of sleep they usually get on the road. Not everyone can sleep in a moving vehicle.

Cool interview. Glad to know The General seems content.

Yeah. That's the key take away from me. Personally, I've always kind of thought of Tommy as the sort of de facto #2 guy in Guns thanks to the critical acclaim and success he's achieved separate from Guns and his apparent willingness to stand up to Axl when he felt he's needed too. I was a bit worried that with DJ coming in and looking like the new and shiny #2 guy in the band (at least from the outside IMHO) combined with whatever crap went down in February (drinking, Duff rumors, etc.) that Tommy would be in piss poor spirits when it came to GN'R these days. Doesn't seem the case at all- and better yet- he seems to really appreciate what DJ brings to the gig... That's f'ing great. :thumbsup:

Agreed BirdCatcher. Tommy should definitely be considered a true-blue "Gunner" by this point IMHO... He's been in the band for going on 14 years, written and recorded, toured with all the various incarnations of the new band and even has Duff's respect... who looked up to Tommy as he was coming along as a young bassist...

Also- I'm sure the GN'R checks are nice- but he's one guy who could probably walk out the door fairly easily with his bass and pursue his promising solo career more seriously or try to re-form the Replacements or work with Soul Asylum full-time or whatever and yet he's stuck around. That's pretty cool IMHO... and probably as good a reason as any why Axl wouldn't ever just throw Tommy under the bus and replace him with Duff on a whim...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY