GnR should release a triple album

saber_

I want a new live cd with a dvd of this current US tour.

I think it's been too long since Axl's released a live cd and a new up-to-date dvd.

This will show people who haven't seen this tour how awesome Axl and the new lineup of GNR are and maybe they will stop screaming for a reunion.

I would like to see a reunion, but I think this current lineup is fuckin awesome and Axl is having a fun time as well as the band on this US tour, so that says it all.I loved this show and I would really love to have a live dvd to watch it over again. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been too and I've been seeing bands since the 60's.

It would be awesome to have a dvd of this tour. Axl do you hear me?

Exactly. I love "Old Guns" and some small part of me will always wish to see those guys up on stage together again (did see them in both '91 and '92). That said- I think the fun-loving, comfortable in his own skin, trusting his bandmates-type Axl we have now is largely due to the current line-up and the team he has assembled over many many years. I would be afraid that a reunion might very well undo all of that and bring back the seemingly paranoid, ranting and raving, reluctant to perform Axl of yester-year. I think all in all I'd prefer to just play it safe with THIS line-up- especially since DJ has done so much to bring back the classic "Guns"-vibe to the group and enjoy the performances (and hopefully new material!) of a confident, happy Axl. Meanwhile, I would certainly wish and hope for the same level of contentment for the alumni in their own endeavors (either separately or together) as well...

You gotta be happy in life- first and foremost....

I like the idea of a triple album, obviously it doesn't make much sense though unfortunately. An example of this is after the Smashing Pumpkins put out Adore (amazing album) and it completely bombed commercially selling a couple million instead of the crazy amount Mellon Collie sold the record company wouldn't let Billy put out Machina as a double album even though that was his plan. So after the luke-warm commercial reception of Chi Dem I can't see the record company pushing that.

Problem number 4576 with record companies: see above.

Could you imagine if Axl put out something akin to Tom Waits' Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards? For those who don't know what that album is, it's a 3 disk album one titled Brawlers (rock and blues songs, pretty much), one titled Bawlers (sad piano songs and songs with sad melodies or romance type songs), and Bastards (the fucked up weird songs). It is made up of some new songs but mostly songs that weren't used on other albums released over the past ten years or so (my timeline may be off). Of course there's a little mixing and matching to make each record sound like a full album but the overall theme of each is defined. I could see Axl doing his own version of this hypothetically. We know he has rock songs (checkmate, soul monster), we know he has piano songs (the one he played for DJ), and we know he has fucked up industrial and electronic songs (silkworms). I'm sure he has plenty more of each or obviously this wouldn't work.

Just a thought I had after reading the OP.

The other option - release a song here and there, and then at some point, put the full length album out. In 2003-2004, as the new songs were being done live, GNR could have easily just sold those songs as downloads at the time, and made a nice chunk of cash from it. In 1990, when "Civil War" came out, it would've set records for download sales, and prob. made more money than all of "Nobody's Child" did.

We pretty much know "Making F-ing Videos" was a way to recoup the money spent on those epic videos, in the guise of a documentary. Why they're not on the "Welcome to the Videos" DVD is beyond me though. MTV never paid royalties, so you saw bands more and more selling videos.

As far as promotion goes in future GNR releases - they have enough people in that band to do a better job promoting new GNR music than anyone they could possibly hire out to do it. Chinese Democracy to me became successful over time, once GNR went on the road, and people became more familiar with the songs. I think it was a huge mistake on his part to go into hiding right around the release of it and not even do any live dates. I'm sure there's more to what was going on at the time, but over the past few years, it's a "little engine that could" type of album, not "this will bury AFD and UYI".

The sign that a band is doing the right thing - when their audience is a continual sea of young faces, and they're the ones getting older. The bands that have an aging audience - not a good sign.