Any more surprises left on this tour?

GNRWAXLROSE

Amazing that Civil War was played last night in Nashville! Now if only Axl could do another surprise or two on this tour, I'd like to hear at least one of My Michelle, You're Crazy, Reckless Life, One in a Million, Ain't it Fun, Used to Love Her, Back off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, Coma, Get in the Ring, Pretty Tied Up, So Fine - I would literally LOSE MY SHIT if they played any of these, especially if it was Reckless Life, One in a Million, Back off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, or Coma!

Do you guys think there will be any more surprises on this tour? I'll be at the 2 Vegas shows later this month and will be keeping my fingers crossed! Hopefully they at least do Civil War at worst at 1 of the 2 shows!

you might hear my michelle or you're crazy but i wouldnt think of those as surprises. you could very well hear civil war and or oh my god though as they've been sound checking both and actually played civil war last night. btw it was amazing! rock3

What, in your opinion, is the most untouchable song? (for whatever reason- it could be get in the ring; it could be Locomotive, one in a million, etc)

I would would probably shortcircuit a fuse if they played Locomotive. However that song sounds the closest to Chinese Democracy on the UYI albums. And yet, it also has ties to the AFD vibe. It's like the ultimate missing link song.

It's great that they're playing some of the old classics again, and Civil War and Estranged should remain as regular options for the setlist. But I don't really see the point in bringing back many other old songs. Maybe one of DTJ or Yesterdays. But other than that, I think the band needs to look forward. I'd much prefer to hear the new improved Oh My God, or if the band feel ready yet, a totally brand new song.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

One in a Million

As if Axl’s going to play One in a Million & put the entire tour in jeopardy.

He’d compromise the recent credibility media wise and alienate hundreds of potential ticket purchasers as a result.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Out of the ones you've listed, My Michelle and You're Crazy are the only ones that seem realistic. And even then...

The only other surprise I could see played on this tour would be Oh My God, and maybe Silkworms.

After their next long break (I'm talkin' two years or more) from touring, they will definitely play some brand new, unheard songs.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

After their next long break (I'm talkin' two years or more) from touring, they will definitely play some brand new, unheard songs.

Why must an extensive break be inevitable? GN’R should tour sporadically in various localities. Be it South America, Europe or Asia. Keep the flame alive.

2 years to complete Chinese Democracy II seems unnecessary. Six months tops.

What, in your opinion, is the most untouchable song? (for whatever reason- it could be get in the ring; it could be Locomotive, one in a million, etc)

I would would probably shortcircuit a fuse if they played Locomotive. However that song sounds the closest to Chinese Democracy on the UYI albums. And yet, it also has ties to the AFD vibe. It's like the ultimate missing link song.

To me, Civil War was the most untouchable song to be honest. I never thought we'd hear the current band do it live. Now...I don't know. Of the stuff people really want to hear, I think Coma is the least likely, if only because of the vocals/lyrics.

Why must an extensive break be inevitable? GN’R should tour sporadically in various localities. Be it South America, Europe or Asia. Keep the flame alive.

2 years to complete Chinese Democracy II seems unnecessary. Six months tops.

In 2001/2002, we got Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, "The Blues", Riad N' The Bedouins, and Silkworms.

In 2006/2007, we got There Was A Time, Better, and IRS.

In 2009/2010/2011, we got If The World, Sorry, Scraped, Catcher In The Rye, Prostitute, This I Love, and Shackler's Revenge (And who knows what else is to come)

It's obvious that after long breaks, they come back and play songs the band has never played live before.

I'd much prefer to hear the new improved Oh My God, or if the band feel ready yet, a totally brand new song.

No!angry039.gifFucking No! I dont wanna hear this stupid song called Oh My God never played live,its sounding nothing like GNR and has many industrial parts that dont fit in GNR music,hell,stop that idiot OhMyGodmania,i'd prefer to hear dead horse,yesterdays,The general,or any other new material,but this song no...angry039.gifangry039.gif

I'd much prefer to hear the new improved Oh My God, or if the band feel ready yet, a totally brand new song.

No!angry039.gifFucking No! I dont wanna hear this stupid song called Oh My God never played live,its sounding nothing like GNR and has many industrial parts that dont fit in GNR music,hell,stop that idiot OhMyGodmania,i'd prefer to hear dead horse,yesterdays,The general,or any other new material,but this song no...angry039.gifangry039.gif

Lmao...

I think Shotgun Blues is untouchable, but mainly because it is a really shitty song :P

He's done My Michelle a few times with the 2001-2003 lineup, and he did it once in 06 I think, so theres a good chance he'll do that. I have heard that they might start doing OMG (they've been doing sound checks with it) but I also heard that Axl didn't like it because it was hard on his voice. I can see him doing Used to love her too.

One in a Million

As if Axl’s going to play One in a Million & put the entire tour in jeopardy.

He’d compromise the recent credibility media wise and alienate hundreds of potential ticket purchasers as a result.

Not hundreds, thousands. Unless he were to remove the references to immigrants & African Americans & homosexuals there's NO WAY IN HELL that song will ever be performed again ... which is a shame, because minus the derogatory references it really is a great song.

He's done My Michelle a few times with the 2001-2003 lineup, and he did it once in 06 I think, so theres a good chance he'll do that. I have heard that they might start doing OMG (they've been doing sound checks with it) but I also heard that Axl didn't like it because it was hard on his voice. I can see him doing Used to love her too.

Michelle was played at almost all of the 2002 and 2006 shows.