Funny (or terrible, rather) Ticketmaster Reviews

James Bond

This probably isn't worthy of a topic, but I've been entertaining myself with some Ticketmaster reviews. Some people just don't get it. Take this one, for example:

My Fiance and I were very disappointed with the time managment. I don't think the opening act came on till 9, played for an hour and then there was almost an hour break until GNR came on. Since we live some miles away we were only able to stay for 45 minutes of the show. In that time we only heard Mr. Brownstone, all other songs we never heard before. Bummed. Very disappointed. Maybe we should of been warned by the very little amount of people who were there. By the way, we got a good laugh that he was dressed like a Kid Rock wanna be.

Apparently these people have never heard Welcome to the Jungle before. Even if they haven't heard any Chinese Democracy material, what about Jungle, It's So Easy or Live and Let Die? Rocket Queen or Estranged, even? There's plenty of material in the first 45 minutes. Hopefully nobody who is considering buying tickets actually follows these reviews. On average, they've been doing around 24 or 25 songs (not counting solos) with only 5 to 7 from Chinese. That leaves around 18 songs that people are familiar with. Ah, some people.

Some reviewers also say Axl was "four hours late" since the ticket said 7:30 start time. Do people forget that a start time includes the opening band? Hamilton tickets, for example, said 8:00. Opening band came on at 9:15 (not Axl's fault), played for an hour, and there was only a half hour wait for Guns. Not four hours. Even if the opening band DID start right at 8, played for the hour, then Guns didn't come on until 10:30, that's still far less than this apparent four hours.

Some people just need some sense knocked into them. Why make a total lie and say they only recognized Brownstone? At least we know the tour is rockin'. :thumbsup:

Edited by Paul Stanley

this guy is an idiot. The opening act was late. It took BLS a good while to take the stage. After BLS got done, things moved on very nice. BLS set was taken down, and GNR stuff was set up in record time, and the band took the stage, pretty simple. But hey, there will always be that one person you can't please.

People are idiots. If they have such little knowledge of a band why even bother spending money on a ticket to go to their concert? Yeah sure, of course they can go and it's cool people go see GNR but I'd never use that amount of money on a ticket to see a band I was that clueless about. I mean Mr. Brownstone is the only song they knew?

And Kid Rock wishes Axl was wanting to look like him - it's the other way around. Maybe the guy should go see Kid Rock next time, maybe he'll know more than just one of his songs :lol:

If there is a reunion tour, we will have to get used to football stadiums full of idiot reviewers like that one. Call me crazy, but I kinda like being able to buy a ticket for a great view at face value to watch GNR among a crowd of 5,000-10,000 mostly diehards who are truly into the band and ALL of their music. As cool as a reunion would be, it would suck having to deal with all the casual "fans" who will make it tougher to score tix and get close to the stage.

This probably isn't worthy of a topic, but I've been entertaining myself with some Ticketmaster reviews. Some people just don't get it. Take this one, for example:

we got a good laugh that he was dressed like a Kid Rock wanna be.

So anybody who wears a hat is a Kid Rock wannabe? What a total moron, reminds me of those who think DJ is trying to look like Slash.

I suppose Axl is also a Lenny Kravitz wannabe for wearing the aviator glasses :crazy:

About a month before the US tour started, the Ticketmaster rating for GN'R was 2 1/2 stars. It was mostly because of Sturgis. There were just AWFUL 1 star reviews from that show. I made a thread at the other big forum encouraging fans who'd seen the 02 and 06 US tours to post their reviews in an effort to maybe help sell more tickets to casual fans. I was told I was being negative and didn't need to focus on that. Soon after the tour started, GN'R started tweeting positive reviews from Ticketmaster, causing every GN'R fan to run in and write a 5 star review in hopes that GN'R would re-tweet it. Brilliant marketing move, it just could've been done months ago.

I like reading reviews when people are pissed about something dumb. At the Nashville show even after all my reading on this site I still didn';t realize BLS wouldn't start until 9:15 though. The tickets said 7:30 and they didn't even let people IN until then. i didn't think the opening act would start at 7:30 and I did know gnr qwould finish at 2, but I somehow didn't add it up and realize how late then opening act would start. Not like it bothered me. Like I said I knew the final lyrics would be belted out at 2. :)

I've been going for concerts for many years. I remember back in 08 I saw the Smashing Pumpkins they didnt hit the stage til after 10 and put on an amazing 3 hour set, no one bitched online or anywhere. I find it amusing at best that people are bitching about Axl hitting the stage rather early for him. Do fans not know his shows never start early? Its rock n roll people, it isnt suppose to happen at around 8pm..... Or am I just crazy?

"There are a lot of stupid people out there. Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that means half the people on earth are even stupider than that!"

- George Carlin

I'm certain George was referring to people giving stupid, nonsensical Guns N' Roses concert reviews about "Axel" and co. when he said that...