Prostitute Live.

Graeme

I know after the Japanese versions, a lot of people have ruled out this song ever being played live again. Justifiably so, but I decided to go back and revisit these versions possibly just masochistically...

...aaaaaaaaaand, I don't think the Osaka rendition's all that bad; Axl fluffs a few lines and is off pitch a little bit in the beginning, but the second verse is solid and the high sections are great. As for the instrumentals, there's an awesome energy to it, it's got all the dynamics, high drama crescendos etc. needed for a great live tune.

(Don't get me wrong, the Tokyo version was dire).

Point is, it's still floating around as one of the optional tunes on the setlist, and being (in my opinion) the best song on Chinese, I think they should give it another shot. All it would require was a bit of practice on Axl's part to master the breathing for the clean-sung sections and to remember all the words, which he does for all the other songs just fine. It could be a highlight of the set easily, if Axl was prepared to give it a wee bit work.

Go on guys, you know you want to...

They need to focus on playing TWAT before this, in my opinion.

I'd prefer TWAT as well.

Apparently they haven't ruled Prostitute out either though, since it's still on the setlist...

Yeah, though to be honest, I do believe Axl can pull it off (at least a lot better than before) now. Same goes for the other CD songs he had the occasional trouble with.

I saw Prostitute on the Setlist in Nashville, and during the soundcheck in Nashville, someone, I won't name names was playing the bass line to Coma. I freaked out. But they only played it briefly. Probably just messing around.

They need to focus on playing TWAT before this, in my opinion.

I'd prefer TWAT as well.

Apparently they haven't ruled Prostitute out either though, since it's still on the setlist...

Yeah, though to be honest, I do believe Axl can pull it off (at least a lot better than before) now. Same goes for the other CD songs he had the occasional trouble with.

I'd really like a video of Scraped in Worcester to show up...I'm interested to see how that sounded this year. As much as I love when they play it live, I think vocally it's usually been one of the weaker CD songs...

I would love to hear this song again, as it's one of my top 3 off the album. The live versions we have are from the start of the 2009/2010 tours though so you know Axl's voice wasn't in top form yet. I think he could of killed it midway through last year though. With some practice and the teleprompter.

Love "Prostitute". It's my favorite all-time Guns song and it's absence is the only dissatisfaction I have with the current set-list. Unfortunately, it seems to be to the current line-up what "Estranged" was to Old Guns. Just one of those songs that's very hard to pull-off properly live- and definitely not one you can just drop into a set without some serious preparation. Hopefully they go back to it again at some point- cuz it's a stunning tune...

I'd love this to be played right before Paradise City, with the epic ending, as they left it out when they played it in Osaka.

They're not gonna leave that synth part going forever...

Why not? The outro would be amazing before ending a concert with Paradise. Not saying they should play it at the award show though, but a regular concert.

Nahh it's too long for a live show, the audience would get bored.

I'd love this to be played right before Paradise City, with the epic ending, as they left it out when they played it in Osaka.

They're not gonna leave that synth part going forever...

Why not? The outro would be amazing before ending a concert with Paradise. Not saying they should play it at the award show though, but a regular concert.

Nahh it's too long for a live show, the audience would get bored.

Agreed. The one thing I enjoyed about the live versions of this song is not having the long ending. It sounds nice ending the album, but live it would just be a momentum killer.

The Osaka version is indeed better than Tokyo (which was a disaster), but it's not great either. For whatever reason this has been the one song on Chinese that I've never cared that much about. I won't skip it entirely if listening to the album in full, but it's not the one I go back to when listening to random cuts. On the other hand, I absolutely love Riad while many seem to hate it. Go figure.