Axl tweets about rock n roll hall of fame

yes i love you

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could "this is your victory" be meant as "I don't care that much"?

I kinda understood it as him saying if it weren't for the fans and them voting and supporting GNR they wouldn't be inducted so as the fans made it happen it's their victory. But of course only Axl knows what he meant

Yes, that's how I understood it as well. People here are reading way too much into it again.

Didn't mean it in a negative way, but are we honestly saying that Axl hasn't phrased things over the years in order to cover himself on the back end if things didn't work out? It's a good strategy and it's almost like a politician where he can never exactly be pinned down to something. The quote was nice and respectful to the fans, whereas it also says nothing about if Axl plans on showing up or shaking hands or jamming with the old guys or if he'll bring this version of Guns, or ANYTHING for that matter. Thats the part thats cryptic, the comment leaves us to speculate for over 60 pages where he could of given us an answer and settled the debate. But if he hasn't made up his mind yet (which I think is probably the case) , then his answer was perfect.

funny to see how the disloyal fans who didn't want gnr to be inducted are reacting to my post..

they're so touchy

haha

Where did you get that?

I'm a GnR fan, whatever GnR you're talking about (AFD line-up, UYI line-up, 2001/2 line-up, CD line-up...). I'm really happy GnR gets inducted, whoever shows up.

You're not a fan trolltrane.

cd line-up is not gnr, just axl's backing band

i've been a gnr fan since 1988 and i think it's hilarious to see a guy like you who probably wasn't even born when afd came out with his ridiculous bumblehead avatar telling me that i'm not a fan..

I was born when AFD came out, but unlike you I like more from this band than just one album and an half.

I like everything done under the GnR name, classic or new.

I've always liked BBF since his first album came out, the fact that he plays with my favorite band is just awesome.

I'd like to tell you how I feel about your tirade, but I don't want to lower myself at your level.

This.

I was not even born when AFD came out though it's my Dad's era-favorite lineup.

I came to admire GNR because of ChiDem and being a new-fan I'm embracing GNR and admiring everything done under GNR's name.

AFD and UYI lineup deserve the names to the Hall but Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has rules to be followed whether UYI lineup gets named too to the hall.

Back to the chats:

"Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it" -Axl

Really good find here, forgot about this one. What was the "mature enough" quote again? I would also wonder how much Axl's opinion on the Hall of Fame as well as on the old band members has changed since 2008. 3 years is a good amount of time for relationships to get mended, even if they haven't been for 20 years before hand. Marc Cantor mentioned about a month ago that Axl and Slash were on fairly good terms recently or something to that extent, which I found interesting. Axl's quote on the Metal Show also sounded a bit more positive then in that quote you posted, so who knows?

Back to the chats:

"Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it" -Axl

Things can change in 2-3 years. I'm banking on whether or not the ChiDem lineup is inducted. Hopefully the committee does the right thing and inducts them. He's just saying after 15 years of bullshit and feuds, he doesn't want to write the current lineup off as not being GNR if he's told he has to play with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. I say spend the extra money for the ChiDem lineup and induct them. Trujllo was on the worst Metallica album to date (although not the worst selling... THAT just happened weeks ago) and he was inducted; Dave Mustaine didn't record with them so he wasn't.

He's appreciative for the support and the accolades, he knows it's something fans are passionate about, why wouldn't he be?

But in past history, if you watch The Beatles induction, the one guy people call a media whore, Paul McCartney, was a no show. He was in the middle of a feud with Yoko at the time and didn't want to put on fake smiles (or whatever he said the reason was), but he inducted Lennon, was inducted as a solo artist, and has been to most of them since then. There is no feud going on with any members of GNR right now, he hadn't read Slash's book at the time he wrote that, and have no idea if he's softened up a bit about him.

There's bands out there who constantly fight that are able to work together. I mean, I thought Joe Perry and Steven Tyler were going to get into a brawl on stage, and Aerosmith was finished. Which is fine, it's a 40 year old band. It sounds like they moved on from it and went back to work. American Idol didn't take up as much time as Perry prob. thought it would have, and has given Aerosmith a new fanbase. The blood is still bad in Journey between (that douchebag wife stealer) Neil Schon and Steve (can he still sing) Perry but they'd go to an induction ceremony if nominated. Motley Crue are prob. better friends now than they were starting out, although not as close as they were.

Back to the chats:

Things can change in 2-3 years. I'm banking on whether or not the ChiDem lineup is inducted. Hopefully the committee does the right thing and inducts them. He's just saying after 15 years of bullshit and feuds, he doesn't want to write the current lineup off as not being GNR if he's told he has to play with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. I say spend the extra money for the ChiDem lineup and induct them. Trujllo was on the worst Metallica album to date (although not the worst selling... THAT just happened weeks ago) and he was inducted; Dave Mustaine didn't record with them so he wasn't.

He's appreciative for the support and the accolades, he knows it's something fans are passionate about, why wouldn't he be?

But in past history, if you watch The Beatles induction, the one guy people call a media whore, Paul McCartney, was a no show. He was in the middle of a feud with Yoko at the time and didn't want to put on fake smiles (or whatever he said the reason was), but he inducted Lennon, was inducted as a solo artist, and has been to most of them since then. There is no feud going on with any members of GNR right now, he hadn't read Slash's book at the time he wrote that, and have no idea if he's softened up a bit about him.

There's bands out there who constantly fight that are able to work together. I mean, I thought Joe Perry and Steven Tyler were going to get into a brawl on stage, and Aerosmith was finished. Which is fine, it's a 40 year old band. It sounds like they moved on from it and went back to work. American Idol didn't take up as much time as Perry prob. thought it would have, and has given Aerosmith a new fanbase. The blood is still bad in Journey between (that douchebag wife stealer) Neil Schon and Steve (can he still sing) Perry but they'd go to an induction ceremony if nominated. Motley Crue are prob. better friends now than they were starting out, although not as close as they were.

I'm pretty sure Mötley Crüe still hate each other, especially Vince & Tommy.

Considering the way Vince struggles to mumble through songs live, he must be the most hated member of the crew...

I think what he means is, the rock and roll hall of fame is for fans, not the artists...

No classic artists sits and home and goes, you know what man, im in the rock and roll hall of fame, im awesome...If you do, you're probably not much of an artist anymore. He just sees it as being cool and is glad we can all enjoy it.

Ridiculous how people over analyze stuff.

Steven does. He started preparing his speech 3 weeks ago. :lol:

Love Steven though.

funny to see how the disloyal fans who didn't want gnr to be inducted are reacting to my post..

they're so touchy

haha

Where did you get that?

I'm a GnR fan, whatever GnR you're talking about (AFD line-up, UYI line-up, 2001/2 line-up, CD line-up...). I'm really happy GnR gets inducted, whoever shows up.

You're not a fan trolltrane.

cd line-up is not gnr, just axl's backing band

i've been a gnr fan since 1988 and i think it's hilarious to see a guy like you who probably wasn't even born when afd came out with his ridiculous bumblehead avatar telling me that i'm not a fan..

If you feel that way - not enjoying or respecting current Guns'N'Roses - then why do you not start up MyjustAxl'sbackingbandforum.com and drag all the other disrespecting whinging bitches with you ???

Fuck all this shit about people being old or young. Dammit, I am 34, live on the other end of the world from most of you, have been a GNR fan as along as I can remember despite never having seen them live and was secretly and spitefully happy when that GNR hating moron from Nirvana-whatshisname, killed himself. Does that make me a better fan that someone who is now 16 or 17, discovered the band recently , fell in love with the Appetite/UYI material and goes to see the current lineup playing beautiful music?

People who use their age and the length of time they've been fans of GNR or the fact that they've had the opportunity to see a long dead edition of the band live are scaredy cat pussies, using really poor logic to defend their views on this band.

If you feel that way - not enjoying or respecting current Guns'N'Roses - then why do you not start up MyjustAxl'sbackingbandforum.com and drag all the other disrespecting whinging bitches with you ???

Exactly. That goes for a whole lot of other people here.

Edited by The Archer

I think what he means is, the rock and roll hall of fame is for fans, not the artists...

No classic artists sits and home and goes, you know what man, im in the rock and roll hall of fame, im awesome...

So you don't think Axl pulled a Anthony Keidis and cried and called his daddy? LOL

I don't think that's what Axl means. I think he was thanking his fans because of us this was able to happen. No fans=no band.

on TMS Axl did say if GNR got inducted it would be a big deal for their fans. I think it's cool, Axl has included his fans in making this happen.

Now we see who shows up on April and who will perform? If Axl doesn't show, then there shouldn't be a GNR performance with another singer. That would be fucked up and if the other members did this, then you can forget about ever getting a reunion let alone anyone talking anymore.

Axl's next tweet would be for the other members "to go fuck themselves".

"Victory for the fans?"

Give us this one solid Axl. Show up, share the stage with the people who helped give you the fame you have today. Maybe perform one song...

Hopefully seeing ya in April.

Yeah, I second that. That is what we GNR fans want. Show up, say thanks and perform even if it is for the last time as a band. I'll take it. Then Axl can drop the mic and leave the stage if he wants to.

where you from

India.

You shouldn't hate Kurt because he didn't get along with Axl

You're absolutely right and I don't. That was 20 years ago. Perspectives change.

I think they're both brilliant

Hmmm, I still don't get Nirvana. Some things will never change.

Edited by The Archer

I kinda understood it as him saying if it weren't for the fans and them voting and supporting GNR they wouldn't be inducted so as the fans made it happen it's their victory. But of course only Axl knows what he meant

Pretty much what I took from it too. The fans wanted it, it happened.

If I touch on somebody else's point, forgive me. Don't feel like reading through all the pages. I think his tweet could mean one of two thing.

1. When he says 'your victory' (the fans), that means thanks for the props, but it'll be a cold day in hell that he'll be at the award show because he doesn't want any part of it. That's why he's saying it's THE FANS victory, and not GNR's, or at least sharing the victory with the fans. He didn't say 'our victory' (GNR and the fans).

-or-

2. His acknowledgement alone means he'll be there with bells on and jump through hoops on stage because he's that appreciative of the fans and, at the very least, he'll perform with Slash for one night, for the fans.

I personally hope #2 will be the case. So many people are against the idea of Slash coming back into the band. Just as many that want him to come back (I'm indifferent at this point... love the new band... but would be super excited to see Slash on stage with Axl given that's what I grew up on... I witnessed the premiere of WTTJ on MTV at the age of 11 and my life was forever changed).

I think that nothing but good could come out of it, for all parties involved. If it's just a one-off thing for one night, GNR's album sales are going to go through the roof and their popularity will benefit the new band on the touring stage. More people will want to see GNR after the induction, even if it's just to see Axl.

It's a long shot, but I think that GNR could even tour with the new guys AND some of the old guys... most notably... Duff and Slash. I mean, they're playing 3 hour marathon shows. Axl gets his breaks during solo spots... maybe the guitarists could take turns on certain material and get brakes too. I envision like a Leynard Skynard type deal. A 12 piece band... lol.

Hey, I'd be okay with it. Will it happen? Probably not! We might get a taste of something like that though at the RNRHOF if Axl agrees to performing with both the new and old guys.

I can see the original band break out into Jungle, then maybe do SCOM, with the new band coming out and JOINING the originals for a Nightrain & Paradise City encore.

We'll see I guess.

Oh my god people! Stop trying to 'de-crypt' his tweet for fucks sake. He basically says exactly the same thing as Slash, Duff, Bumblefoot, DJ (and anyone else involved with or was/is in that band) have tweeted but in better words I think. Its just an acknowledgement for our sake to let us know that he knows what has went down and a 'thank you' for all the congratulations that we are giving them. That's it! Simple as that. :angry:

No one so far has said anything on the tweets about whether or not the are attending the function. So far only Seven and Matt have confirmed anything. We can guess Slash is going if he sticks to what he said on TMS (but he hasn't tweeted anything about that) and if he goes Duff will probably go. Izzy... well, no one knows WHAT Izzy will do or where/when he will pop up next (Stradlin - the epitome of cool B) ).

Axl hasn't confirmed anything yet so DEAL WITH IT!!!! Poor guy has to be very careful about what he does next cuz you can bet, no matter what he does, someone somewhere will shit on him because of it. <_<

It is lose-lose for Axl.

If he goes nu band is discredited and the hunger for the old band will be impossible to fill without a full fledged reunion.

If he doesn't go everyone will call him an immature dick.

I sort of feel bad for the guy, that's some serious pressure...

100 percent accurate, Axl has to be really careful how he approaches this whole thing. He's spent the last 10 years trying to defuse reunion talks and legitimize the new players, it could all be undone in a night or even just in a medley. Although most of the press considers him an "immature dick" to begin with so hes gotta be pretty used to getting hated on already.

No classic artists sits and home and goes, you know what man, im in the rock and roll hall of fame, im awesome...

If you do, you're probably not much of an artist anymore. He just sees it as being cool and is glad we can all enjoy it.

Ridiculous how people over analyze stuff.

Well said