Sorum: "Reunion? The Problem is Axl and Slash"

auad

1323184866_axlslash.jpg

More fuss about a possible meeting of Guns N 'Roses (whatever the that formation of the band are talking about) comes now courtesy of drummer Matt Sorum.

The situation for the band's induction to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will be known within a few weeks, when elected in 2012 will be announced.

The nomination, in the first year of eligibility of the group raised all kinds of talk about what might happen if the GNR is the Indeed laureate, including a full meeting of the classic line-up.

"You never know," Sorum said the Australian site Triple M. "Generally things in Guns N 'Roses work according to Slash and Axl in First, what has been a bit of a problem. Duff played with Axl and Duff actually (and his band, Loaded) were touring with Axl. "

As for Matt, the musician says "do not see Axl is already about six years."

Sorum is in Australia for the opening of a branch of the Hard Rock Cafe in the city of Sydney. Matt will play with a group of legends including Doc Neeson Rock, Mark Evans AC / DC and Angry Anderson with whom the members of GN'R have a close relationship for years.

"The Rose Tattoo was the first rock band with enough tattoos and style of the band was a great inspiration for the GN'R " Matt says.

What the hell does this mean? Was he drunk?

I'm wondering if this is just a typo or a misquote/poor translation. It's probably meant to say he hasn't seen Axl in six years, which is about right. I remember Sorum made a blog about running into Axl at a club around the time of the 2006 tour and said they went out together and Axl even gave him a ride home.

Translation?.

I'm guessing the OP/translator meant:

"You never know," Sorum said to the Australian site Triple M. "Generally things in Guns N 'Roses work according to Slash and (first)Axl , which has been a bit of a problem. Duff played with Axl actually".

As for Matt, the musician says "I have not seen Axl in basically about six years."

1323184866_axlslash.jpg

More fuss about a possible meeting of Guns N 'Roses (whatever the that formation of the band are talking about) comes now courtesy of drummer Matt Sorum.

The situation for the band's induction to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will be known within a few weeks, when elected in 2012 will be announced.

The nomination, in the first year of eligibility of the group raised all kinds of talk about what might happen if the GNR is the Indeed laureate, including a full meeting of the classic line-up.

"You never know," Sorum said the Australian site Triple M. "Generally things in Guns N 'Roses work according to Slash and Axl in First, what has been a bit of a problem. Duff played with Axl and Duff actually (and his band, Loaded) were touring with Axl. "

Sorum is in Australia for the opening of a branch of the Hard Rock Cafe in the city of Sydney. Matt will play with a group of legends including Doc Neeson Rock, Mark Evans AC / DC and Angry Anderson with whom the members of GN'R have a close relationship for years.

"The Rose Tattoo was the first rock band with enough tattoos and style of the band was a great inspiration for the GN'R " Matt says.

Cool stuff. Matt is great.

Who gives a shit about Sorum? Good lord, there are members on this board who are more fitting to be inducted with GNR than he is. I mean, come on. How obvious is it that Axl and Slash are the problem? Good thing Matt's around or else no one would ever have known that.

bigger problem is the press.

they do what they do best... print lies and start controversy.

Nothing special is going to happen that day.

If something special happens... great it's a golden but also a rain on your parade day from the press as they will start printing lies and starting rumors again wich is negative press.

Remember the 20 year ani from afd? When Slash/duff/matt/izzy/Steven came together and Duff/Steven/izzy even played some songs... well something in those lines may happen

I do expect all members from the afd/uyi line-up to be there at the rock n roll hall of fame day...even Axl

But no performance... and if that even were to happen the press would start writing press at the moment and tell the world guns is back together and going on tour... whil actualy nothing special has happend.

Afd lineup performance special? Yes but in the lines of world breaking news... no because this is a special day for guns n roses afd lineup and perhaps a closier is needed.

a lineup from afd performing there is just what they are supposed to do for the fans and the world for the reconition of that f*cking great album!

that's it no more, no less.

You know what Axl is gonna do the next day... perform with, Rich/tommy/Frank/Dj/Ron/Chris/Dizzy and perform the shit out of those songs and rock the night as we have seen them do the last 2 years!

that's axl's vision! whether people like it or not

Chinese democracy ain't over yet!

Rock on!

I wish everyone would shut up about a reunion, Guns N' Roses are alive and kicking ass in another form, they all moved on in their own directions and Axl didn't come this far to go have a fake cash grabbing tour (oh wait but don't they say apparently that's what he's doing already, make up your minds!).

I wish everyone would shut up about a reunion, Guns N' Roses are alive and kicking ass in another form, they all moved on in their own directions and Axl didn't come this far to go have a fake cash grabbing tour (oh wait but don't they say apparently that's what he's doing already, make up your minds!).

agreed , it would kinda go against the " you sold your soul and I won't let you win" idea.. :P

Not a chance Axl will play with the AFD lineup - that would mean that the press & the fans would go crazy with reunion talk all over again... Can't people simply accept the fact that for a reunion to happen, like Axl said, means that either himself or Slash (who he considers a cancer) must be dead in the first place?

Be grateful for what you still have... :shrugs:

Edited by trqster