This has got to be the worst and best NuGuns show ever

Black Sabbath

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to watch because at that point he clearly didn't give care about his performance so you'd think that aside from just standing there he wouldn't put any effort into the vocals yet he sings great. Vocally speaking, probably one of his best, obviously due to no running around. Not a fine moment for Axl performance wise, but vocally outstanding.

The thing is, apparently they come on a little before 10:30?

Those fucking Irish assholes were blessed!

Oh well, sucks for them, performance wise, but as you said, vocally wise he was great.

EDIT: But yeah, I was surprised he put so much into the singing. You would think he would have just done the rest of the show (the whole show really :tongue2:) in spoken-word form :lol:

Edited by Black Sabbath

Indeed, I mean, wasn't there a Jungle, I'm thinking maybe from 2007, where he started out just talking the words because people were throwing shit and he stopped the song and was like "Now, do you want me to sing the whole show like that?" and they started over? :lol:

You'd think he'd do the same thing here but nope, he still goes for all the high notes so in retrospect, it's kind of funny. I do feel bad for the crowd though, especially those who weren't causing shit.

Due to the crowd being a bunch of bitches, Axl got pissed and did the whole show standing in pretty much one spot :lol:

But fuck, he sounded great!

Did anyone from the forum go to this show?

Sorry but Axl embarrassed himself at this show. That was fucking disgraceful and a big fuck you to the 99.9% of fans in the place who did nothing wrong.

Due to the crowd being a bunch of bitches, Axl got pissed and did the whole show standing in pretty much one spot :lol:

Sorry but Axl embarrassed himself at this show. That was fucking disgraceful and a big fuck you to the 99.9% of fans in the place who did nothing wrong.

Idk I don't see it that way, I mean he didn't stop the show and leave and he still sang incredibly well. Sure we all love Axl when he is more animated but all in all its far from a disgrace IMO

Idk I don't see it that way, I mean he didn't stop the show and leave and he still sang incredibly well. Sure we all love Axl when he is more animated but all in all its far from a disgrace IMO

He stop the show during Jungle and left for like 30-60 minutes. BUT, came back and did the whole rest of the show.

And Dazey, I know what you're saying, but a lot of the arena was booing and being a bunch of fucks throwing shit.

I don't think he embarrassed himself. I mean, the YouTube videos bitch about him not saying "Sorry" or addressing the time delay in any way at all. Who gives a shit? Do the Dubliners think they should get some special treatment and that they're the only show Axl has ever showed up "late" to? Fuck off. They can be glad Axl even came back and finished the show and sang as well as he did.

He stop the show during Jungle and left for like 30-60 minutes. BUT, came back and did the whole rest of the show.

And Dazey, I know what you're saying, but a lot of the arena was booing and being a bunch of fucks throwing shit.

I don't think he embarrassed himself. I mean, the YouTube videos bitch about him not saying "Sorry" or addressing the time delay in any way at all. Who gives a shit? Do the Dubliners think they should get some special treatment and that they're the only show Axl has ever showed up "late" to? Fuck off. They can be glad Axl even came back and finished the show and sang as well as he did.

Ah I didn't know he did that, thanks for the info

Yeah it could've gone better but at the same time Axl could've just ended the show halfway and stormed off but he stuck till the end

Edited by WhazUp

Indeed, I mean, wasn't there a Jungle, I'm thinking maybe from 2007, where he started out just talking the words because people were throwing shit and he stopped the song and was like "Now, do you want me to sing the whole show like that?" and they started over? :lol:

Yea, I think it was one of the Australia gigs in 2007...

Yea, I think it was one of the Australia gigs in 2007...

Found it:

He only came back cos the venue manager locked the doors and told him he was going nowhere. I think that the way he acted was plain disrespect to the fans. You also forgot to mention that the couple thousand people who left when it appeared the show was over and weren't allowed back in the venue missed the show and didn't get a penny refunded either.

Funny thing is, I was thinking about that exact video before you even mentioned it :lol:

A whole show like that would be... interesting to say the least.

Listening to it again, it kind of makes it sound like a Primus song. Jerry Was A Race Car Drive comes to mind. :lol:

He only came back cos the venue manager locked the doors and told him he was going nowhere. I think that the way he acted was plain disrespect to the fans. You also forgot to mention that the couple thousand people who left when it appeared the show was over and weren't allowed back in the venue missed the show and didn't get a penny refunded either.

Technically, the show would have been over if Axl would have been allowed to leave, so... :shrugs::tongue2:

That had to be heartbreaking for the guitarists and the fans who weren't being jagoffs.

Very true, how upset would you be?? :fuckyou:

So the story is the audience is upset he is "late" onstage = throwing things

Audience throwing things upsets him so gives a lousy performance vision wise = audience gets upset again

Audience causes more disruptions = he gets mad

Seems the only band I know that has caused so much contraversy with late starts, walking off etc. Attracting men who continue to harrass them while onstage - or maybe you know of others that do the same?

To be honest a 10:30 start is actually pretty good for GnR so it's a shame some people had to act like assholes and that vocal performance on PC was as good as any I've ever heard so can't bash Axl too much. I just think the whole standing at the mic and sulking was tantamount to standing there giving the crowd the finger. :shrugs:

That had to be heartbreaking for the guitarists and the fans who weren't being jagoffs.

Very true, how upset would you be?? :fuckyou:

So the story is the audience is upset he is "late" onstage = throwing things

Audience throwing things upsets him so gives a lousy performance vision wise = audience gets upset again

Audience causes more disruptions = he gets mad

Seems the only band I know that has caused so much contraversy with late starts, walking off etc. Attracting men who continue to harrass them while onstage - or maybe you know of others that do the same?

Huh?

The vocals didn't sound that good when you were there, and generally the show made you feel pretty empty inside. There was no energy or enthusiasm, and although people say he finished the show, there was no interaction and things like Don't Cry, solo's etc were cut completely or only given 10% of their normal time.

Compare this show the one I went to a month later and this was utter bollocks.