What Was The Last Album You Got Really Stuck On?

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

I've noticed since i'm older, i don't really get stuck on albums, when i was a kid there was probably like, certain albums that i listened to constantly and continuously for like, years, literally years. Maybe my taste has expanded, well, i know it's expanded, maybe i ain't listening to the right shit as much but i can remember things like Apetite, All Eyez On Me, Nevermind, In Utero, Nevermind The Bollocks, Stone Roses first album, The Clash first album, UYI 1 & 2, All The beatles Albums, i listened these albums into the fucking ground. Definitely Maybe, another one. I ain't listened to all of those albums, except Stone Roses, for probably years but i can still remember em off by heart, this don't really happen so much anymore, last one it happened to me with was:

Exile on Main Street

Fucking fantastic album, still listen to it almost everyday. Probably not a discovery for most but i'm very much a rookie Stones fan compared to most, only been into em for a few years but this album is the one, along with their Beggars Banquet, debut album, Sticky Fingers that i've listened to the most and i just cannot seem to tire of it, just like i used to when i was a kid. I guess thats quality music for ya.

What are your most recent ones, apart for Chi Dem for all you Chi Demmers out there ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get stuck on albums a lot too.

The ones I remember being addicted to are:

Gorillaz - Demon Days: Couldn't stop listening to it from beginning to end. It's awesome.

GnR - Almost every one of their albums.

Motorhead - Inferno and The World Is Yours.

Nine Inch Nails - The Slip and Beside You In Time.

Linkin Park - Reanimation, MTM and A Thousand Suns.

KISS - Sonic Boom, Destroyer, Rock N' Roll Over, Dynasty, Love Gun and Hotter Than Hell.

Pearl Jam - Avocado and Backspacer.

Ramones - Greatest Hits Live.

Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots

Wolfmother - Both albums.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Don't remember which was last... probably Kanye or Wolfmother.

The Midnight Organ Fight - Frightened Rabbit

I have done this album to death but it still sounds as fresh as when I first heard it. The sound, vocals and raw production might take getting used to for some but when you do its an amazing record, easily my favourite.

I've done the same with a lot of others, Suck It And See, Carnavas to name a couple but none have stuck like the FR one.

The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails.

Achtung Baby - U2.

Crack the Skye - Mastodon.

Appetite For Destruction - GN'R.

Tyranny of Souls - Bruce Dickinson.

The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden.

Efil4zaggin - NWA.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John.

Carnival Ride - Carrie Underwood.

Shadow of the Moon - Blackmore's Night.

These have been on major rotation lately. I haven't heard Exile on Main Street in it's entirety. I'll give it a listen later today.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

just got into this band called The Devil's Blood. Their new album "The Thousanfold Epicentre" is amazing. It has some long proggier songs but theyre all catchy. Its a woman singing over late 70s/early 80s prog rock/metal riffs. Theres a lot going on in that record. I am sucked in. I recommend

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies: it's just such an amazing album to me. Beautiful, sad, raw, great lyrics but I also love the instrumental Whale & Wasp, it's just a brilliant album

Hole - Live Through This: One of the most important albums to me, it was like my therapy when I was younger

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple: Also a very important album to me, I love pretty much every single song on it and it rarely happens to me that I love an entire album

I usually don't get stuck on albums for a while, but when I re-listen to them down the line they get me. Lately, it's been:

Youthanasia- Megadeth

Contraband- Velvet Revolver (this was more of a "listened for the first time in ages, realised again how amazing it is)

Ænema- Tool

Core- Stone Temple Pilots

The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger and Manipulator

Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

Detones - Self Titled and Saturday Night Wrist

Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose

Mew - No More Stories Are Told Today // I Am Sorry They Washed Away

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

I haven't really been listening to a lot of new music lately, so I've found myself going back to a lot of albums I haven't spun in a while, and it's like listening to them for the first time.

Edited by chevelle