What Was The Last Album You Got Really Stuck On?

Guest Len B'stard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The soundtrack for Kurt Cobain:About A Son I've really been playing a lot the last 6 months, so many great songs on it from great artists stretching from Iggy Pop to Leadbelly. It's a really cool album and it shows Kurt's broad taste in music which is cool as a fan to see.

Michael Jackson's Dangerous album is an album I always come back to, that album changed my life (I discovered GNR cause of it actually cause Slash plays on it) I havn't listened to it much since he died though, it's not the same now :(

Mad Season - Above = perfection. Got the album about a year ago and I still listen to to pretty often, especially in my more down-periods, it's like therapy :lol: Layne = best therapist ever

Chinese Democracy I played constantly earlier this year (from march to june or something like that) Was going through a shit time and just related to a lot of the lyrics on it and since I've really started loving it and I still play the shit out of Better, Street of Dreams, Sorry & This I Love....plus the songs reminds me of the concert which just makes them even better. I've always liked CD, I never understood the hate it got but it wasn't until march this year I really fell in love with it, I play it a lot when I'm in a place where I wanna hear rock but not the likes of AFD but more "deep" stuff which CD has.

Courtney Love's "America's Sweetheart" This is very hated and Courtney herself hates it but it was the song "Mono" that got me into Courtney & Hole so because of that it's special to me and it doesn't suck like people say! It's a complete mess yeah but that's Courtney! She's all over the place and so is this album, songs like "All The Drugs" are amazing and has great lyrics

These days I'm really into UYI 2, rediscovering it and falling in love with it all over again :wub: I love UYI 1 too but UYI 2 is more special to me for some reason (probably cause of Estranged & You Could Be Mine) but yeah, I'm really stuck on this these days!

Guest Len B'stard

I thought it was the first cover that was banned.

I listened to Fear of a Black Planet a lot for a while. Not sure why it just sounded good along with Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Jesus Wasted, did you never fold open the tape cover thingie? It has like a whole comic strip inside, thats from that, the actual cover is the doghouse with the dog on it.

And the Fear of a Black Planet/Blood Sugar Sex Magik parrallel thing makes a weird kinda sense y'know, now i think about it. They feel like spiritual cousins somehow :lol:

I go through phases where I get totally addicted to an album. Recently (as in since I've been in Hong Kong) I have been obsessed with:

KoRn - The Path of Totality

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More

Neil Young - Zuma

Crime of the Century - Supertramp

Social Distortion - Sex, Love and Rock N' Roll

I think that about does it... Had a brief Janes Addiction phase, but only really a few songs, same with I'm With You, but only really Ethiopia and Even You Brutus.

Peace!

xXx

I pissed in my tape box one night and quite few booklets got welded together by dry urine. I think RATM saw that at the time I'm just 20 years too late. I blame Rick Rubin.

I thought it was the first cover that was banned.

I listened to Fear of a Black Planet a lot for a while. Not sure why it just sounded good along with Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Jesus Wasted, did you never fold open the tape cover thingie? It has like a whole comic strip inside, thats from that, the actual cover is the doghouse with the dog on it.

And the Fear of a Black Planet/Blood Sugar Sex Magik parrallel thing makes a weird kinda sense y'know, now i think about it. They feel like spiritual cousins somehow :lol:

I was really into PM Dawns album for a while. Set adrift on memory bliss.

Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Tom Waits - Bad As Me

Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning

Mastodon - The Hunter

Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance

Conception - Flow

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events

Porcupine Tree - Signify

Queensrÿche - Empire

Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life

Guest Len B'stard

Ten - Pearl Jam.

Just discovered how good Even Flow really is.

If you havent already, netflix has Pearl Jam 20.

whaaaaaaaaaat really?

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Does it involve Pearl Jam?