Vinyl-The Best Way to Listen to CD

Guest deleted_19765

It seems a lot of us paid around $30 for it. I bought it more for the sake of adding to my Guns N' Roses vinyl collection than listening so like I said, I only have a shitty turntable with built-in speakers so it's hard to judge the true sound of it. Not that it mattered much to me because I knew it was going in a frame, but I'd love to give it another listen. That being said, it's a bit of a piss off that had I waited I could have got a brand new copy for $2 at Best Buy. I would have bought several just for shits and giggles. :lol:

I only have a shit turntable but my copy seemed fine to me. No unwanted noise or anything, but I know a lot of people spoke of problems around the time of the release. Unfortunately I only listened to it once and probably won't again unless I get a decent turntable sometime. For the time being, it's framed. ;)

Edited for spelling.

Got mine framed to lol. One of those frames that are double sized so you have the cover on top and the record itself directly below. The album is my favorite of all time, but its more then the music, I spent a really good part of my childhood waiting for that album. Then getting it and having it (IMO) well worth the wait, it's nice to look up and being reminded from time to time.

IMHO Vinyl is overrated and romantisized...Unless you have a good quality turntable and cartridge and decent speakers I would stick with cd's personally......much better dynamic range then vinyl.......

That being said I grew up with Vinyl, still have over 1000 albums, and to be honest record companies back in the day used the cheapest vinyl, in many cases recycled, so the U.S. pressings back in the day mostly sucked..I have heard that Japanese companies, and some cases U.K. pressings, used better quality vinyl and sound better so I would seek them out if I was a collector.

Really? i don't agree at all. I do have a high end turntable and it is FAR superior to any CDS that I have. it should also be noted that vinyl is mastered differently (i.e. no loudness war BS) due to physical limitations of the medium.

and as for "back in the day..." i don't agree with you most pressings "sucked." I have about 800 albums, and some of the really old ones are super high quality, on 180 gram vinyl etc. and with the old-style heavy cardboard folded and sealed sleeves that they stopped making in the late 60s or early 70s. so yea, with all due respect, i don't really agree with a thing you said. :)

Edited by nambis

Whenever I get a new PC I'm going to put in a kick ass sound card. Through that I will record albums off my turntable and then burn to CD. Hoping to get vinyl-like sound but with the convenience of CDs. I know that you can either downmix to 16/44.1 or leave it in high res (24/96 - vinyl's native resolution). I will try both. Theoretically high res will be better, but I think there is something to be said for playing music through a specialized player rather than a universal player.

Edited by KBear

While I acknowledge vinyl's strengths in certain instances, I'm ready to move on. I own a boat load of classic records on vinyl but I feel like I'm finally ready to ditch them. It's just a matter of time before all physical forms of music are gone and I'm ok with that. I really don't feel the need to cling to my old records anymore. Can't stop progression.

Edited by Nintari

While I acknowledge vinyl's strengths in certain instances, I'm ready to move on. I own a boat load of classic records on vinyl but I feel like I'm finally ready to ditch them. It's just a matter of time before all physical forms of music are gone and I'm ok with that. I really don't feel the need to cling to my old records anymore. Can't stop progression.

i've got a couple more years left before i realize the same thing....until then.......it's all vinyl for me

• 2 weeks later...