You can say whatever about Axl but...

MishoGunsNRoses

Guest Len B'stard

fuck that, i ain't even listened to it and i'm still defending Mick, i don't care a fuck what it sounds like, it don't matter, it could sound like anything, i ain't defending the song i'm defending an artists right to make music with whoever the fuck he wants that sounds like whatever he wants, irrespective of the expectations of other people, if you don't like it, fair enough but there it ain't no capital crime as someone once said :D

He's Mick fuckin Jagger, to me he's just the fuckin bees knees and he can do whatever he fuckin wants musically. I can't guarantee i'll like it but he's fuckin put in his hours and and performed his balls off and shown his worth to a point where i can't really criticise, to me he's the perfect rock n roll star.

He's got the style, the looks, the fuckin class, he's into his shit without being too up his own arse about it, y'know, you always get the feeling he takes it as a bit of a joke, he's fuckin classy and that, he's been down on the street as well as up there with all the fuckin richey titled lot, he's had more birds than i'd probably have in two lifetimes, to me the man deserves nothing but fuckin respect.

More than anything else though, he's been a part of a band thats made some of the greatest fuckin music that i have ever heard and probably am ever likely to hear for as long as i breathe. He wrote the fuckin book for the lot of em, Jim Morrison, Iggy Pop, all of em, he's the fucking frontmans frontman, the blackest whiteboy ever born. It really don't get a lot better than The Stones. There are artists i rate as much as them but very very few, if any, that i rate above them.

Sir Mick Jagger....yeah, too fuckin right :):) Mick Jagger, the boy your mum wanted to shag before she settled for less and married your Dad ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

So let me get this straight........ because Mick Jagger was in on the biggest bluesy-classic rock acts of all time, that means he can only or should only play with rock acts that are similar to the Stones? So what if he played with will i.am? Who cares? I enjoyed the track. Thought it was all right.

Edited by Death Star

Guest Len B'stard

Sorry, I give criticism where I see fit. Long gone are the days where Jagger was untouchable.

And if he had any integrity at all, he would show some class and not embarrass himself like this.

Integrity?!?! :lol: Oh don't make me laugh! You're talking about pop music here, you do realise this right? :lol: Integrity, integrity towards what exactly, in what regard? Artistic? How is this at all lacking in integrity? What, cuz it's pop music or commercial or purely for money? You do realise you're talking about someone who is basically a member of one of the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music, right? You do realise that The Beatles and The Stones were considered basically the equivalent of boy bands in their early days? I mean, it's only now that Rock n Roll has been cannonised that we have people, i suspect perhaps yourself too, that think rock n roll is an art form (and hey, why not) back then it was considered pap for kids.

But no, seriously, explain, what do you mean exactly by integrity and how is this act, bearing in mind we're talking about Mick Jagger, indicative of a lack of integrity?

Edited by sugaraylen

Sorry, I give criticism where I see fit. Long gone are the days where Jagger was untouchable.

And if he had any integrity at all, he would show some class and not embarrass himself like this.

Integrity?!?! :lol: Oh don't make me laugh! You're talking about pop music here, you do realise this right? :lol: Integrity, integrity towards what exactly, in what regard? Artistic? How is this at all lacking in integrity? What, cuz it's pop music or commercial or purely for money? You do realise you're talking about someone who is basically a member of one of the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music, right? You do realise that The Beatles and The Stones were considered basically the equivalent of boy bands in their early days? I mean, it's only now that Rock n Roll has been cannonised that we have people, i suspect perhaps yourself too, that think rock n roll is an art form (and hey, why not) back then it was considered pap for kids.

But no, seriously, explain, what do you mean exactly by integrity and how is this act, bearing in mind we're talking about Mick Jagger, indicative of a lack of integrity?

Are you likening The Stones and The Beatles to BEP?

Or do you not see the difference between trashy throwaway pop music and those two bands?

Guest Len B'stard

Are you likening The Stones and The Beatles to BEP?

Or do you not see the difference between trashy throwaway pop music and those two bands?

Whats BEP? "trashy", honestly, you sound like a stuck up old Matron in a convent somewhere :rolleyes: And you didn't answer my question, explain what you meant by integrity, explain why this video constitutes embarrassing himself. Presuming BEP are some pop group around nowadays, then yeah, in a very very broad sense, the backstreet boys, "BEP" The Rolling Stones, Guns n Roses, Poison, Michael Jackson, broadly speaking, yeah, i'm likening them. They make music, pop music, rock n roll, very simple basic music. If you wanna have these big ideas in your head about the music you like and try and elevate it to some imaginary pedestal in your head then you're welcome to but honestly, The Rolling Stones, integrity? You're talking about million selling bands that went on like, the cheapest tawdriest pop music shows of their day, were interviewed in teen magazines and asked their favourite colour and...y'know, etc etc, now although i understand the difference between what bands like The Stones and The Beatles did and the ground they broke etc etc don't try and make it into some fucking high fallutin thing, i mean it is what it is, The Beatles and The Stones themselves never had no illusions about what they were doing and making, this is after the fact editorialisation on the part of fans that are trying to make out like this was some kind of like....fucking high brow thing going on, it's fuckin rock n roll it's the music of the street. What, The Stones ain't trashy? That was half of their fuckin allure.

Integrity, honestly, do you realise how much of what The Beatles and Stones ended up with was to do with basically marketing?

Edited by sugaraylen

Okay, well I'm not going to be talked in circles by you. We clearly disagree here.

By integrity I mean Mick created music as art, and it was relatable. BEP makes music for money, about rich spoiled celebrities popping champaign bottles and going clubbing.

There is a huge difference artistically between the two, just because they were both 'popular' doesn't mean they are anywhere near artistically similar.

Guest Len B'stard

Okay, well I'm not going to be talked in circles by you. We clearly disagree here.

By integrity I mean Mick created music as art, and it was relatable. BEP makes music for money, about rich spoiled celebrities popping champaign bottles and going clubbing.

There is a huge difference artistically between the two, just because they were both 'popular' doesn't mean they are anywhere near artistically similar.

Oh yeah cuz The Beatles and Stones didn't make music for money eh? John Lennon and Paul McCartney didn't sit around going "c'mon, lets write ourselves a swimming pool today", they didn't do any and every damn thing in the world to make money, did they? Don't make me laugh. Music as art, Jesus, those boys wrote songs to order in them days. Think about Andrew Loog Oldham, thing about the fact that they hired a former publicist to be their manager, think about the fact that they changed the words to their "art" just so it would be palletable for the mainstream (Ed Sullivan), think about the houndstooth coats, the suits, the strategic release of their music to make sure it didn't coincide with that of the Beatles to maximise earnings, face it, The Beatles and The Stones were as much about money as anyone else.

I agree that there's a huge difference between the two artistically but that doesn't invalidate the similarities, the hang ups are yours, the lofty pedestal that you've placed them on is yours, an invention of people like yourself, clearly Mick isn't prey to these hang ups, as evidenced by his career and his desire to work with whoever the fuck he feels like, regardless of others and their hang ups, Mick was a sell out when he went disco, he was a sellout when they were writing pop songs and trying to be more than this Richmond based Brit Blues band and he's a sellout now cuz you say so, what you're basically doing is telling other people what they're about and then trying to crucify them when they just be themselves and not what you've imagined them to be.