This I Love

Sonic Reducer

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo [baba O' Riley]

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo [Mi Amor]

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam [Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II]

Axl Rose Piano Solo [Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight]

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie @With[Zakk Wylde]

Civil War

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Better

Riff Raff

Instrumental Jam

Patience

Instrumental Jam

Paradise City

My Way @Tape

Edited by bumblecool

Rocket Queen followed by the Mayor giving the band the key to the city and congratulating GNR on the ROH nomination, AXL asked how late the city was open mayor replied for Guns n' Roses all night, then AXL I'll use the key to get out of jail.

Awsome, very funny conversation!!

Very cool review of the Salt Lake show. Even the comments below give GNR their due respect!

Author does make a few mistakes (4 guitar players...) but he does apologize for his tiredness.

LINK: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsburger/53112220-53/band-rose-gnr-songs.html.csp

Right before hard-rock band Guns N' Roses launched into its explosive cover of Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die" about one hour into its show Wednesday night at the Maverik Center, West Valley City Mayor Mike Winder improbably stepped onstage and greeted the band's mercurial frontman Axl Rose.

Winder congratulated the band on this past week's announcement that the Los Angeles-based band had been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and presented Rose a key to the city.

"How long do you stay open?" Rose asked the mayor.

"All night for Guns N' Roses," the mayor replied.

The mayor had no idea how right he was, as the band played an epic, thrilling and utterly captivating three-hour set with more than 30 songs that ended as the closing refrains of "Paradise City" were played just after 2 a.m.

The big question of the night was whether the backing band of Guns N' Roses was up to the task of accompanying Rose on some of the best rock songs of the latter part of the 20th century, or whether they — like Winder, who has been in the news lately because of writing news stories under a fake byline — were merely impostors.

The answer? The seven musicians, despite some missteps at the end of the long evening, made most in attendance forget the former band members of GNR, Those Who Shall Not Be Named.

The acoustics in the packed arena were superb as Axl and the Magnificent Seven led the crowd through a blistering set that included song ranging from the band's landmark 1987 debut "Appetite for Destruction" to 2008's "Chinese Democracy."

After the concert began with the opening theme to the serial-killer TV show "Dexter," guitarist D.J. Ashba unleashed the memorable opening riffs of the title song to 2008's "Democracy" and the band was off to the races.

GNR is legendary for its lateness, but refreshingly the band began their show at 11 p.m., a mere 45 minutes after opening act Black Label Society wrapped up its set.

Rose, 49, whose appearance has been lampooned in past years thanks to added weight and cornrows, looked lean and fit in a black leather jacket and blue jeans with a crimson bandanna hanging from his hip. In between changing his headwear about seven times, he fulfilled tje expectations of being the consummate frontman, swaying with his mic stand to the music's rhythms and frequently sprinting to each side of the stage. Rose was in fine voice, with a range between a falsetto to deep tenor, and, best of all, acted as if he still had something to prove.

The truth was, he did have something to prove, as all of the band's founding members have left. But his hand-picked band was just as incendiary as he was, and Rose gave them a chance to claim the spotlight and prove that even though they were not Those Who Shall Not Be Named, they were excellent musicians nonetheless. For example, with Rose off stage, bassist Tommy Stinson led the band though a raucous rendition of The Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer," which was followed by keyboard player Dizzy Reed's impassioned piano cover of The Who's "Baba O'Riley." (Side note: each of those songs has been notably and frequently played by Pearl Jam, a grunge-era band that was supposed to have replaced "hair bands" like GNR.)

But GNR didn't act like a group of over-the-hill men mining for nostalgia. With four guitar players and two keyboard players, the band added new dimensions and twists to songs that the original band of five couldn't summon. Although the band stumbled over each other musically at times, the effect gave the band a rawness and energy that most corporate rock bands don't possess. They proved that they are still relevant. While many of the the "Chinese Democracy" songs were momentum-killers, there was a spark in the music that made it seem as if this incarnation of GNR could last and create more music.

The missteps noted above came near the end of the long show, when transitions between choruses and verses on "Nightrain" and "Patience" weren't as crisp as they should have been. During the encore, Rose stopped "Better" in the middle of the song because a guitarist messed up. But, remarkably, Rose remained chipper and in good spirits throughout.

And, frankly, if the band hadn't made any mistakes as they neared the three-hour mark, I would have been surprised. I felt as exhausted, considering the time of night. After about an hour of GNR's set, there began a steady trickle of people leaving that continued all night, considering that it was a work and school night. Besides, many of us are of the demograpic where it's no longer fun to show up for midnight screenings of films. We will leave that to "Twilight" and "Harry Potter" fans. I have probably misspelled many words throughout this review, as well as a fair share of bad gramar. Look there, I misspelled that word, because I'm so tired.)

What made the night ultimately unforgettable was the ability of the band to emotionally convey both the hard-edged "Guns" songs (where we are able to live vicariously through Rose's tales of the seedy underbelly of street life) as well as the tender "Roses" side of the band that's often forgotten. The musical highlight of the night was a song that has long divided GNR fans: the Elton John-inspired ballad "November Rain," which reached an intensity never even hinted at on record.

There is just one more thing to say. Boss, I will see you on Monday. I need some rest.

Ok just got done driving back from Salt Lake. The show was awesome, the whole band sounds fantastic. Axl's voice is insanely good, youtube videos don't do it justice.

A couple notes- The crowd seemed to be really into it. About half of the crowd knew all the words it seemed like. I was in the very first row, Beta was dancing on the side to civil war, she was trying to sing it too but didn't know the words haha. We saw them loading up the tour buses, we waited, but didn't see anything. The whole band, especially Axl, seemed to be having an awesome time. They all seem like really funny, happy people. It was funny when Axl got the key to the city, asking if it could unlock the jail doors too, at the end of Brownstone he asked everyone to take a step back, very similar to the end of brownstone on live era, not sure if it was intentional, but still funny.

Once again, just what a spectacular show. So glad i went. They played for 3 hours, and I never thought I'd say this, but that is so long, you are almost a little happy when its over, nothing against the band, just standing for 6 hours straight front row being pushed forward makes you tired!

And yes, like half the people left from the time nightrain ended and paradise city begun.. it was a joke. Axl thanked the people who stayed at the very end.

Thanks GNR! Need sleep now..

Cool review, next time sit back and relax for 3 hrs.

So, I got a little too drunk. I wasnt falling over or anything, not vomiting. I was stumbling and bumped in to some guy. Well apparently during the show he shoved me into somebody else's girlfriend, which led to a complaint and subsequently me getting kicked out. This was roughly half way through the show.

To that douche, who pretty much ruined a life-long dream of mine and another friend who had to take me home post-incident, FUCK YOU!

I hope you read this, 'cause you really have caused a lot of pain over nothing substantial. Jesus fuckin' Christ at that guy! There were no fights, no hijinks at all... just got shoved while drunk and removed from the the show for it. Wow.

I can't stand stumbling drunk people when I'm at shows :shrugs:

Who the hell was I hurting? No one. I was having a good time...

I understand, but so were the non-drunk people are you, as well. At least, they were trying to.

I agree that what happened to you probably was a little overkill, but being someone who doesn't get drunk at shows, I know how annoying and frustrating it can be to having drunks around you. Whether or not they're causing trouble, there's always that chance they could vomit, stumble too much, or just be obnoxious.

Like I said though, I do agree that what happened to you probably could have been handled differently, and I'm sorry it happened the way it did.

Exactly BlackSabbath.

It was a possible once in a lifetime experience though. I had a few shots before the show at a friend's house, they drove me down. I apologized to the person I bumped into, they shrugged it off as if it was no big deal. I suppose they harbored some feelings they didnt quite convey to me, and did what they did. I dont feel I was ruining anyone's experience, but I guess they did. One of my friends was fully sober and claimed I had done nothing wrong. The girl I was pushed into took it very seriously though. I tried to aplogize to the officer, but obviously that wasnt enough. Ugh. At a rock show, I wouldnt call myself a "public drunk" only a person who was drinking in public, legally, amongst a crowd of others doing the same. Seems I just happened to be less lucky than many of those people.

Basically what you are saying, it was the overreacting bitch's fault.

Well I take part in the blame as well. In fact, I felt much more to blame than anyone. I didnt get in trouble though, as I was not unruly or uncooperative. I was visually intoxicated and thus, could not be re-allowed in unfortunately. However, yes. If she had not flipped, everything would have gone just as smoothly as it was. Maybe I would bump in to one or two more people, and for 2 secs that would suck for them. 2 seconds later, the night would continue to go on and everyone would have had a great time. Instead, I feel I got cheated out of it. /sob story. I know how this sounds...

So, I got a little too drunk. I wasnt falling over or anything, not vomiting. I was stumbling and bumped in to some guy. Well apparently during the show he shoved me into somebody else's girlfriend, which led to a complaint and subsequently me getting kicked out. This was roughly half way through the show.

To that douche, who pretty much ruined a life-long dream of mine and another friend who had to take me home post-incident, FUCK YOU!

I hope you read this, 'cause you really have caused a lot of pain over nothing substantial. Jesus fuckin' Christ at that guy! There were no fights, no hijinks at all... just got shoved while drunk and removed from the the show for it. Wow.

Think thats bad- in NJ my wife wasnt even allowed into the fucking show because she stumbled a little bit on our way into the show - we showed up about 10 min before GnR took the stage & some fat bitch security lady on a power trip said my wife appeared intoxicated & couldnt go in! she hadnt even had 1 drink & there were stumbling fools all over the place in the show ( my wife waited in the car- she insisted i go)

to the fat ugly bitch security lady- FUCK YOU!!!! :fuckyou:

Edited by IRS2008

Think thats bad- in NJ my wife wasnt even allowed into the fucking show because she stumbled a little bit on our way into the show - we showed up about 10 min before GnR took the stage & some fat bitch security lady on a power trip said my wife appeared intoxicated & couldnt go in! she hadnt even had 1 drink & there were stumbling fools all over the place in the show ( my wife waited in the car- she insisted i go)

to the fat ugly bitch security lady- FUCK YOU!!!! :fuckyou:

Exactly. Im sorry, dude. Its ludicrous that this is the case, but it is. I had assumed at a rock concert, if one behaved well and wasnt a prick everything would be fine. As it turns out, thats no the case. If you dont like someone, just say something to security or a cop and you can have the ejected for rather trivial things. As long as there's some alcohol involved, nobody is the wiser and there's always a scapegoat reason as to why.

That really sucks, man. I feel your pain, if not a little more - because I really am sore in the neck from the shove I recieved. Luckily my buddies were mature, explained this to the cop that ejected me and DID NOT start any shit with the party that engaged in doing it. They told him it was "very fucked up" and that he had "ruined my night". The pros: avoided jail, friends were mature (as Id expect the to be), I got to see Axl and the boys for a second (although now tainted, as these tix and shirt were an X-Mas present from my ltierally dying grandmother); cons: I missed out on a major life event that I have awaited for years (as perhaps did your girl), I am sore and the whole experience is tainted. I am so depressed about it. SO DEPRESSED. I just wanted life to end last night after the whole ordeal.