Salt Lake City, UT 12/13

damean667

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for the double post but...

I CANNOT stop thinking about this. Losing this experience has made my life hell. Not only was I screwed out of this, a friend was as well (at my expense, as he was sober). I feel SO awful. They (my friends) keep telling me it's not my fault, but it is. If I had known to have alcohol and go to a rock concert could lead to people getting in trouble, even if I acted appropriately, I would not have done it. I would have gone 'sober as a judge' (as the old idiom goes). Its terrible. They missed out, as well as I. They know what it means to me, and I hope I can replace this experience by doing it differently and seeing the boys again... but... I doubt it. Im on limited income at best, and young as hell. This meant the world to me, especially as my gmas gift, it was quite a special experience being gifted this, AND getting 3 friends to go. For half the concert? Being ejected under bullshit circumstance?

This feels like whining... Im just SO upset about it. Really, its quite devastating. If only I had footage of the whole ordeal... ugh!

It all depends on whether the drunk person can handle their drink and have fun and be a little wasted, those who can't become an asshole in a crowd real fast, it sounds like you were just having a few beers and minding your own business, which makes the outcome even more infuriating, so you shouldn't be allowed a few drinks at an event you've been waiting for ages to experience? Fuck that!" Security can be such dicks and immediately put two and two together to make five - someone's a little drunk, someone sober is complaining, kick him out. I was at a megadeth show a couple years ago, at the end mustaine was throwing picks out, i went to catch one and accidentally stood on some pissed up girl's foot, next thing ya know she's taking a swing at me lol and all her friends have to apologise profusely and drag her away, i wouldn't be surprised if i got booted out if it happened near security.

I feel your pain dude. Been there, done that.

I was once not allowed to see Slash in Toronto. Yes I had been drinking in the line all day, but I was not being ignorant. Had I kept my mouth shut about the disposable camera I had they would never had known I was drunk. Security had told everyone "no cameras" and I thought I was doing the right thing by giving them the camera.

Then there was the time it happened at a BLS show. My friend was drunk, I was not. And because he was caught I wasn't allowed in either. It's bullshit but it happens.

I've learnt my lesson from that though. When it comes to Axl and the boys, I let the booze flow after the show.

Edited by F*ck Fear

If I had known to have alcohol and go to a rock concert could lead to people getting in trouble, even if I acted appropriately, I would not have done it. I would have gone 'sober as a judge' (as the old idiom goes).

Alcohol enhances the show. Going to a rock show should be about cutting loose and having a good time.

With what happened on the 13th, I need to work out a way to compensate for that event. Its just that I cant swing the cash, travel, etc. Im so depressed but I need a way to get another crack at this experience. Im not sure exactly how healthy this line of thinking is, but the whole ordeal has basically left me thinking about it non-stop and wanting to remedy it. Only way to do that is to replace the memory entirely. Think theyll be touring again any time soon, and Utah is pretty much never a stop for GnR; so really what kind of chances do I really have to get to see them again?

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck my life...

I cant even listen to GnR anymore without feeling like I missed out on the best concert experience of my life. Life's bad enough... this shit just pisses me off and sends me into a terrible mood/mode.

Wtf... since this concert and missing out on 80% of it... I just feel god-awful. THIS SUCKS!

Fuck my life...

I cant even listen to GnR anymore without feeling like I missed out on the best concert experience of my life. Life's bad enough... this shit just pisses me off and sends me into a terrible mood/mode.

Wtf... since this concert and missing out on 80% of it... I just feel god-awful. THIS SUCKS!

I'm sure they will be touring again in a year or two, so it won't be that long. Utah could be a problem, so hopefully they at least come to a neighboring state. I'm sorry to hear that your first attempt didn't work out, but I'm sure the opportunity will come again.

Fuck my life...

I'm sure they will be touring again in a year or two, so it won't be that long. Utah could be a problem, so hopefully they at least come to a neighboring state. I'm sorry to hear that your first attempt didn't work out, but I'm sure the opportunity will come again.

Thats a good chunk of the problem, I dont have the opportunity to leave the state any time soon (we're talking up to 10 yrs time). The last time they were here was like '91... Yeah... chances seem good.

Again... fuck my life. Its pointless. I missed out on one of the most influential things of my life... and I fucking dont want to live it anymore. This compiled with several other occurences. The time draws near for me; as melodramtic as that sounds... it has hurt enough

I really want to know what to do about this.

Would Axl laugh, would he scold those that prevented my experience from being fruitful? Would he scold me?

I dont care... I live with the major regret, not Axl. Although, having him that close for the short time - felt magnificent. An idol before you... quite exciting. I know Axl doesnt like to be idolised... or so he says. Sure was neat for the 30 mins I got. The friends keep telling me to revel in that... no. I wanted to hear my favorite songs and worship this incarnation of the band. I wanted to hear Chinese D. live...

I didnt get that. Put it in my list of 1/5 things that make me want to end myself this year. And theres one more day... maybe I will.

Edited by Mr. Oral Sex

I really want to know what to do about this.

Would Axl laugh, would he scold those that prevented my experience from being fruitful? Would he scold me?

I dont care... I live with the major regret, not Axl. Although, having him that close for the short time - felt magnificent. An idol before you... quite exciting. I know Axl doesnt like to be idolised... or so he says. Sure was neat for the 30 mins I got. The friends keep telling me to revel in that... no. I wanted to hear my favorite songs and worship this incarnation of the band. I wanted to hear Chinese D. live...

I didnt get that. Put it in my list of 1/5 things that make me want to end myself this year. And theres one more day... maybe I will.

Don't do it.

Still here?

Dude I was at that show and saw you getting kicked out... it sucks, but whats happened has happened. They'll be more chances..

Edited by Sprite