DJ Just Said "Alot of suprises for the LA show"

AxlIsGod.

They're not going to play an unreleased song in LA.

I'm going to be very bold here and predict that Slash will be a guest for a song or two. Yup. Hometown show, all this speculation about the Rock Hall, lots of positive talk about him recently (DJ getting dinner with him, etc).

There's obviously a good chance that won't happen, but for once, I cannot definitively say that it won't happen.

If not, yeah, Duff or Izzy probably. Maybe another UYI track.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i like coma, i wouldnt want it played again really :shrugs:

uh, all due respect, lol why in the fuck not?

Trynna sing Coma again would probably put axl into a coma lol he almost died when he last sung it.

wasn't it only performed live twice? both times i thought it was amazing. Axl seemed fine. Killed it, even.

Yeah it was amazing how well he pulled it off but even back then towards the end he was what the fuck did i write lol.

I have zero interest in a reunion since Guns have been going without Slash for pretty much as long as he was in the band, I love his work with Axl and am not too fussed whether him and Axl have a song or two here and there but I can't see it happening unless they've talked in private, Axl sounds pretty mellow about stuff and Slash seems a mellow guy anyway except the times he's been scheming (see Sorry) but I think that's in the past now.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Trynna sing Coma again would probably put axl into a coma lol he almost died when he last sung it.

wasn't it only performed live twice? both times i thought it was amazing. Axl seemed fine. Killed it, even.

Yeah it was amazing how well he pulled it off but even back then towards the end he was what the fuck did i write lol.

After watching the rehearsal footage for Coma I doubt he could pull off that "squawk" again :shrugs:

I'm going to be very bold here and predict that Slash will be a guest for a song or two. Yup. Hometown show, all this speculation about the Rock Hall, lots of positive talk about him recently (DJ getting dinner with him, etc).

There's obviously a good chance that won't happen, but for once, I cannot definitively say that it won't happen.

Oh my gosh I'd shit a taco with excitement if that happened

After watching the rehearsal footage for Coma I doubt he could pull off that "squawk" again :shrugs:

The one where he's going 'Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway' and then the mic screeches and he gets pissed off lol?

The one where he's going 'Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway' and then the mic screeches and he gets pissed off lol?

That's the rehearsal for Rock In Rio 1991

I wonder if he could remember the correct lyrics to Coma. I sure don't. And if he doesn't like rehearsing much... it would probably be something like asdjhfdsasdad jksadhsadkjkl nobody's fault but your ooowwnnn. No but seriously it has a lot of lyrics.

I think Coma's lyrics are easier to remember than Estranged. I learned Coma after a few listens and never get the lyrics wrong, but I still get the "old at heart" stuff mixed up.

But I might be in the minority.

Yeah, for some reason, I'm better at memorizing nonrepetitive lyrics. I get the repetitions all mixed up.

Coma is overrated.

Wanna elaborate? This'd make a great discussion. :thumbsup:

Coma's my favorite GN'R song. It takes me on an emotional journey, and whenever I'm down in the dumps, it helps me sort through my feelings. Quite the therapeutic song. I honestly think it's the perfect song. Every little nuance is absolutely comforting.

I suppose if you haven't made an emotional connection with it, it comes across as an unnecessarily long song. I remember sending a list of my top 10 GN'R songs at the time to a friend of mine, and her reaction to that song was, "??? I don't get it. That wasted my life." On the other hand, she adored Estranged and TWAT.

Coma is one of those pieces of music that when you throw it on and if you're really listening, it rips a hole in your head and you just fall into the vibe for a couple minutes but it seems like hours, like you've been through an epic lord of the rings type quest through the mines of moria with axl or some shit lawl

Edited by RandallFlagg

Coma is overrated.

really?!

In fact, I've always thought the exact opposite

IMO, Coma is one of the most thought provoking, lyrically challenging, melodic masterpieces that I've ever heard.

Edited by Duda

:lol: Yep thats the one, that voice was incredible. I still have trouble believing its the same person though :huh:

Oh baby! I love this action. I'll be stoked for whatever the surprises are. They did one of the best setlists of the tour in LA back in '06, and Izzy was there too. Glad I got my GA ticket for next week!

Edited by Casual

Oh my gosh I'd shit a taco with excitement if that happened

That, sir, is a CLASSIC response! hahaha!!

Stranger things indeed have happened. I'm going 30% chance Slash makes an appearance vs. 0% at any other point in the last 15 years. If they decide to play a rarity from Chinese or they pull out another gem from UYI instead, that's great too! :xmasssanta:

Edited by MarlaHooch

Lol at people thinking axl will play with slash in l.a

no doubt slash will show with guitar in hand though

LOL at people who think GN'R ever playing "Oh My God" again in public would somehow be a good idea for anyone other than 17 or 18 enthusiastic geeks on a message board...

Edited by MarlaHooch

I'm going 30% chance Slash makes an appearance

That's a pretty high percentage you've giving that possibility there.

I would actually go into a cardiac arrest if that really goes down any time in the recent future... but it won't... so I'm not concerned :lol:

LOL at people who think GN'R ever playing "Oh My God" again in public would somehow be a good idea for anyone other than 17 or 18 enthusiastic geeks on a message board...

Why not? It's a bad-ass songs with great lyrics. Just because it wasn't really liked a decade ago doesn't mean they can't play it again. I wouldn't be surprised if they play Oh My God at the LA show.

Why not? It's a bad-ass songs with great lyrics. Just because it wasn't really liked a decade ago doesn't mean they can't play it again. I wouldn't be surprised if they play Oh My God at the LA show.

So is "Prostitute" and they have 100 more reasons to play that song (or any from any album that they've actually released, for that matter) than an un(or barely)released song that 95% of people did not respond well to.

I love GN'R (old and new) more than anyone but facts are facts - when you're showing up at 10:30-11 and playing for three hours to not-even-close-to-sellout crowds, you don't push your luck like that. Old classics? Yes. Current album tracks? Yes. 12 year old track hardly anybody liked that a few people on a message board (2 out of thousands in attendance at every show) want to hear? Unless Axl has had a change of heart since his 2006 rant and now wants to play for the message board people who aren't at the shows, he has zero reason to play that song vs. virtually any other song in his catalogue.