BREAKING NEWS: The band members getting in the Hall of Fame

SONOFABITCH

He can't win either way :

-He goes : the new band is finished.

-He doesn't : he once again exposes himself as the one that holds grugdes forever and as an asshole who couldn't make the slightest effort. The new band won't be there either, hence, they really aren't Guns n' Roses.

He's fucked. :shrugs:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-He doesn't : he once again exposes himself as the one that holds grugdes forever and as an asshole who couldn't make the slightest effort. The new band won't be there either, hence, they really aren't Guns n' Roses.

I say he attends and brings the new band with him, perfoms one song with old and one with new :thumbsup:

I say he attends and brings the new band with him, perfoms one song with old and one with new :thumbsup:

Really hard to picture that man. He won't show up.

Matt never wrote any music for GN'R.

Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy all should be inducted.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

Last I checked Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album.

Are you an idiot?

I love you people who have no clue how to hold an argument so you resort to insulting others when you have been defeated.

Chinese Democracy and the band behind it are the reasons Guns N' Roses is still a working machine. That needs to be acknowledged and respected as much as the contributors to the beginning of this band.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

Are you an idiot?

I love you people who have no clue how to hold an argument so you resort to insulting others when you have been defeated.

Chinese Democracy and the band behind it are the reasons Guns N' Roses is still a working machine. That needs to be acknowledged and respected as much as the contributors to the beginning of this band.

I was just asking a question, and I don't have time to argue with you. To think that someone in the new band shoud get inducted is just plain silly, if you don't know the reason why it's not my problem.

Are you an idiot?

I disagree. I think this version, lets call it the CD version should be judged/acknowledged/respected on its own merits. The era that ended in 93 deserves this induction for what they achieved.

Lets judge the current guys on what they can do. Sorry but so far they are not hall of fame material, maybe one day but not now. If they were inducted now it would be on the back of the work of others.

What Ive just typed is the truth. Im not being arrogant but it really is. No disrespect or point scoring but it simply is the reality.

Are you an idiot?

The new version of Guns Is the reason the band Is still a working machine, but has absolutley no bearing on the hall of fame. Being Inducted Is based on past achievements and accomplishments.

Are you an idiot?

I disagree. I think this version, lets call it the CD version should be judged/acknowledged/respected on its own merits. The era that ended in 93 deserves this induction for what they achieved.

Lets judge the current guys on what they can do. Sorry but so far they are not hall of fame material, maybe one day but not now. If they were inducted now it would be on the back of the work of others.

What Ive just typed is the truth. Im not being arrogant but it really is. No disrespect or point scoring but it simply is the reality.

I understand what you're saying, but this new band (not particularly this current incarnation) but the blokes I have mentioned in my previous posts have had to work pretty hard through all the negative press and maintain the musical standard the original band stamped. Chris and the boys have done an excellent job of maintaining and growing the lagacy of Guns N' Roses which to me is very deserving of a HOF induction.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I was just asking a question, and I don't have time to argue with you. To think that someone in the new band shoud get inducted is just plain silly, if you don't know the reason why it's not my problem.

Because they’re yet to achieve mainstream status? Guns N’ Roses is over two decades of history. I would induct the history not specific individuals.

To some people Buckethead’s contributions are as important as Slash’s & to some people Stinson is on par with Duff not in terms of output but sheer loyalty.

Are you an idiot?

I understand what you're saying, but this new band (not particularly this current incarnation) but the blokes I have mentioned in my previous posts have had to work pretty hard through all the negative press and maintain the musical standard the original band stamped. Chris and the boys have done an excellent job of maintaining and growing the lagacy of Guns N' Roses which to me is very deserving of a HOF induction.

I wouldnt say that they have grown the legacy in any meaningfull way. I dont think its enough im afraid. I just dont think that some people are understanding what GNR did back then. They were BIG. Not in a mainstream way but in an every 13-17 year old kid in the fucking world knew all the songs. They were being talked of as the next Stones and no one batted an eyelid because it was just natural that that was how it was going to be. Slash was as much in demand as Ax if not more. Major magazines would put Duff the fucking drunk bassist on the cover and it would sell tons more.

THIS is the reason why they are getting inducted. Fuck I remember when Gilby broke his arm or something and Izzy came back for a show or two. The news was all over the main radio and even in the tabloids.

Ok, for those who don't understand, Appetite for destruction, lies, and Illusion 1 and 2, those are the albums that made GNR famous, one of the greatest band in the world. Get it? Chinese democracy represent nothing.

I don't agree Chinese Democracy represents "nothing". Had CD been a complete and total ARTISTIC failure- I'm not sure Guns are first ballot HOF'ers. Fortunately- it delivered enough musically IMHO not to tarnish its epic/legendary predecessors and has kind of a "misunderstood magnum opus of a mad genius" type rep to it- that I think over time will serve it well (at least reputationally).

That said- I agree with you that the primary reason Guns is being inducted is the AFD/Lies/UYI I+II back catalog- though I think some allowance should also be made for the publicity/buzz and potential "train wreck" effect of getting all these guys together and the hope by some in the music industry (virtually non-existent chance IMHO) that a reunion of some kind comes out of it.

Whatever the case- congratulations to all inductees- both current Gunners (Axl and Dizzy) and alumni. Very well-deserved. :thumbsup:

Are you an idiot?

I wouldnt say that they have grown the legacy in any meaningfull way. I dont think its enough im afraid. I just dont think that some people are understanding what GNR did back then. They were BIG. Not in a mainstream way but in an every 13-17 year old kid in the fucking world knew all the songs. They were being talked of as the next Stones and no one batted an eyelid because it was just natural that that was how it was going to be. Slash was as much in demand as Ax if not more. Major magazines would put Duff the fucking drunk bassist on the cover and it would sell tons more.

THIS is the reason why they are getting inducted. Fuck I remember when Gilby broke his arm or something and Izzy came back for a show or two. The news was all over the main radio and even in the tabloids.

You make a very good point. It seems to me that there are quite a few younger people on here that just dont realize how big this band was In the early 90's. Sometimes It feels like yesterday standing In line at the local record store for the midnight release of the Illusion albums or standing amongst a crowd of 60,000 people at three rivers stadium on the Use Your Illusion Tour, Than again sometimes It feels like a lifetime ago. Anyway(not knocking the current band,seen them twice on this tour and they were great) but the Chinese Democracy album and playing to 5-6,000 people per night on the current tour does nothing to justify the new members being Inducted.

I think a case can be made that Axl's no worse off than before if he stays away- as he's pretty much skewered by the public and media for everything as it is. Arguably staying away could also kind of reinforce some of the "mystery" around him. Who knows- perhaps he can actually even gain some points if Duff (for example) were to make a very spirited defense of him in his absence...

I agree with you in point 1 though. Axl really shouldn't darken the doorway of the RnRHOF unless he's prepared to put the new band out to pasture... for good. That's why I'm pretty confident we won't be seeing him there...

I think a case can be made that Axl's no worse off than before if he stays away- as he's pretty much skewered by the public and media for everything as it is. Arguably staying away could also kind of reinforce some of the "mystery" around him. Who knows- perhaps he can actually even gain some points if Duff (for example) were to make a very spirited defense of him in his absence...

I agree with you in point 1 though. Axl really shouldn't darken the doorway of the RnRHOF unless he's prepared to put the new band out to pasture... for good. That's why I'm pretty confident we won't be seeing him there...

Agreed. For those expecting him to make an appearance.....Dont, and you wont be disappointed.

Sometimes I wish the GN'R fan base didn't see everything as so cut and dried all the time.

There is no reason whatsoever why Axl Rose can't go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony to be inducted with the original members of a band he's still part of and then go right back to being in that band himself.

Sometimes I wish the GN'R fan base didn't see everything as so cut and dried all the time.

There is no reason whatsoever why Axl Rose can't go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony to be inducted with the original members of a band he's still part of and then go right back to being in that band himself.

That would be fine If the current members aren't tagging along. Let him get up there, shake hands, make a short speech and go back to doing his thing. That would be great, all I'm saying Is don't look for It.

In a vacuum. Yeah. Sure. Unfortunately, we don't live in a vacuum. IMHO Axl appearing on stage and appearing friendly (or even just civil) with the alumni will result in an all-encompassing media and public shit-storm of folks flat out DEMANDING a reunion. When it didn't happen- Axl and the new band would take all the blame. It's career suicide IMHO- unless Axl's actually contemplating a reunion (which I would rate at less than 1%- though maybe Duff comes back some day or something if Tommy decides to move on].

Now- if Axl were ever in a sincerely celebratory/nostalgic mood (but with no intentions of reuniting)- maybe he could throw a secret party with the alumni (or some of them anyway) and maybe even some current members of the Guns line-up (DJ, Tommy, Bumble) somewhere secluded and personally congratulate everybody, reminisce, etc. after the induction. That would be a cool thing to hear about several weeks/months after the fact IMHO- but wouldn't invite all the trouble and headaches a formal appearance at the RnRHOF would cause...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY