Bottom Line: I just want a band that releases new music

ITW 2012

only if it was good. i mean have you heard CD?

The problem with CD is mostly due to the late (...alright massively late) release. The anticipation was so high but it came out with a whimper. And when people did listen to it, they automatically compare the songs and music style to AFD, forgetting the fact that it's music that was written at least a decade and a half after AFD (I admit, I did this initially too).

It's not the best album in the world but it doesn't deserve as much shtick as it gets. Maybe if it had come out in early 2000s? :shrugs:

On another note, I think the best thing for everyone would be if they started to release a lot of music soon (and my that I mean within the next year or two). They need o strik while the iron is hot otherwise it might be the end of GnR :(

Edited by KiraMPD

Bottom Line: I just want a band that releases new music. Anybody else feel the same way? Arguing about Axl vs. Slash or Old GNR vs. New GNR is pointless.

I feel like I want to experience the alternate universe where Axl finished and toured his original vision of nu-guns, and not this throwback floundered version.

that will not happen of course.

but there still are these recordings that you and me both are interested in.

I will give the current lineup the benefit of the doubt and see if they can write some majestic and visionary songs that are befitting of the original nu-guns vision and idea. hopefully they will try. if its just your every day run of the mill american radio hard rock, then my interest is exactly 0%.

hopefully we shall soon see, one way or the other!!!!!!!

I always wonder what the forums would be like if Axl had managed to release 3 new albums by now. The distinct lack of new music, more than anything else, is what constantly feeds the Old GNR vs. New GNR arguments on here.

maybe, but I think the fact that Axl hasn't released any good music period since Slash, Duff and Co, feeds it more.

I always wonder what the forums would be like if Axl had managed to release 3 new albums by now. The distinct lack of new music, more than anything else, is what constantly feeds the Old GNR vs. New GNR arguments on here.

more or less...

but releasing music would shut up a few mouths...

Yeah, it was great.

From Track # 1 through track # 14 it was a tremendous work of art, bottom line.

Chinese Democracy is a fucking masterpiece. Best albums of the 00's. I mean what do the music critics pick? Kid A? Please.

I like Radiohead though. It seems the closer to the 90's the higher they rank the 00 albums. If CD came out in 2000 or 2001 it probably would have been better received. Kid A was a band by a band going in a new direction. CD was like that too.

Edited by BirdCatcher

maybe, but I think the fact that Axl hasn't released any good music period since Slash, Duff and Co, feeds it more.

more or less...

but releasing music would shut up a few mouths...

Yeah and it's fucking brilliant

They would release new music but slash hasnt recorded his parts yet :fuckyou:

Are you serious? Are stuck in the year 1996?

No, see unlike you, im not a virgin still..

i prefer the new band over that piece of fucking shit slash, he broke up gnr!!!

bottom line, is u need to get laid u staten island dumper :xmasschef2:

Same here.

NuGnR is pointless without new music.

Besides : I want Bumblefoot back.

I'm afraid he was a way more interesting musician before he joined GnR.

By "nugnr' you mean GnR?

If so, if they are pointless.....then how do you describe the three-hour concert I saw a couple days ago? One of the best concerts I've ever attended. Three hours, all the hits, classic songs, an old band member joined them on stage, the singer was spot on ALL night, the band was spot on all night.......that was all pointless?

I want new music too. And I have to say I think if GNR don't put out anything within the next year, it might be curtains. Plus if anyone from the band leaves again, that will put things back for years. They are riding on some of the biggest buzz for their US tour in decades. They haven't been getting this much good press since the UYI days. So if they can't capitilize on this, release CD2 and CD3 with a re-release of CD + videos videos videos, then get on with making the new music with the current band members, all they are then is a touring greatest hits ensemble. A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit.

"A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit."

that's it man.

i agree.

Duff-Axl-Vancouver.jpg

Sort of. Except caveated by the fact that the lead singer helped create all the oldies......so why shouldn't he be able to perform those songs? Especially because people still love them and want to hear them?

AND....they are playing 7 songs a night off of the last album, plus three covers of other songs (two ACDC and Stinson sings a song)..........so they are basically doing 10 songs a night that aren't "old classics" from the old band. That's not too shabby.

And when they put out another album, the oldies will decrease even more. Maybe it's 5 CD songs, 5 new album songs. The longer this band stays together, the more newer songs they will produce. If they played 14 CD songs every night, people on this forum would be complaining about "oldies" or classics NOT being played.

They are playing 7 CD songs and 7 appetite songs.......what more can Axl do to please everybody???? No matter what, people will complain.

I want new music too. And I have to say I think if GNR don't put out anything within the next year, it might be curtains. Plus if anyone from the band leaves again, that will put things back for years. They are riding on some of the biggest buzz for their US tour in decades. They haven't been getting this much good press since the UYI days. So if they can't capitilize on this, release CD2 and CD3 with a re-release of CD + videos videos videos, then get on with making the new music with the current band members, all they are then is a touring greatest hits ensemble. A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit.

"A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit."

that's it man.

i agree.

Duff-Axl-Vancouver.jpg

Sort of. Except caveated by the fact that the lead singer helped create all the oldies......so why shouldn't he be able to perform those songs? Especially because people still love them and want to hear them?

AND....they are playing 7 songs a night off of the last album, plus three covers of other songs (two ACDC and Stinson sings a song)..........so they are basically doing 10 songs a night that aren't "old classics" from the old band. That's not too shabby.

And when they put out another album, the oldies will decrease even more. Maybe it's 5 CD songs, 5 new album songs. The longer this band stays together, the more newer songs they will produce. If they played 14 CD songs every night, people on this forum would be complaining about "oldies" or classics NOT being played.

They are playing 7 CD songs and 7 appetite songs.......what more can Axl do to please everybody???? No matter what, people will complain.

That picture is awesome. Axl n Duff!

I agree a new album is past do. Considering how many songs they made to make Chinese Democracy you would think they could have release a second album right after the first was released. They have to have a lot of tracks waiting to be released in a vault. Where is the General that Bach talked about it was supposed to be really amazing?

It was so frustrating to wait for Chinese Democracy to come out. I think the first songs leaked in like 2001 then it took tell like 2008 to release the thing. They played some of the songs way back in 2001 live during a Chinese Democracy tour. The album was pretty much old news by the time it came out in 2008.

Edited by rocker rockstar

that's it man.

i agree.

Duff-Axl-Vancouver.jpg

That picture is awesome. Axl n Duff!

yeah, fuckin picture. you're welcome.