New Axl Interview

The Real McCoy

GNRFan isn't totally off his rocker.

For a lot of young musicians, even rock musicians, GNR like never happened. History stopped at Led Zepplin/Floyd, and re-started again with Pearl Jam/Nirvana.

None of the dozens and dozens of commercial music majors in the college I work with ever talk highly of Guns N' Roses. It's "haha, guns n' roses".

Edit: And it's their loss.

Thats crazy! The 80s had some great metal bands. NIkki Sixx and Crue are killer. Umm...Ozzy & Randy Rhodes. Rest in Peace. NOT Bon Jovi though.....

People made fun of me in 1993 for liking GNR.....I don't give a fuck I like the music and it makes me happy and a better human being.

I actually like the fact that some people dislike Guns or dont know how good the many different versions of the band were. It emphasizes that it is excellent-original- and extrordinary rock music. Its not surprising, if you look at the new music that does sell today. There are some good artists, but most of its not great and alot is boring. You know who you are....

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling — like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Nothing's ever the guy's fault huh? This is why it's hard to stick up for Axl. Even the biggest devotee can smell out the bullshit in that statement.

Say what you want about past members, but at least they took responsibility for their actions, and repented. Axl on the other hand is never at fault. For anything. Ever. :rolleyes:. This was good for a nice, hearty chuckle.

...yes because Axl is God :thumbsup:

just kidding! We ( all of us in the forum ) can debate that for a million years in a million threads and will never ever come to the same scoreboard.

Fact is : Axl is the last man from the original band

Fact is : the new band is so much better than the old one

Fact is : axl has the say

That's all

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling — like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Nothing's ever the guy's fault huh? This is why it's hard to stick up for Axl. Even the biggest devotee can smell out the bullshit in that statement.

Say what you want about past members, but at least they took responsibility for their actions, and repented. Axl on the other hand is never at fault. For anything. Ever. :rolleyes:. This was good for a nice, hearty chuckle.

...yes because Axl is God :thumbsup:

just kidding! We ( all of us in the forum ) can debate that for a million years in a million threads and will never ever come to the same scoreboard.

Fact is : Axl is the last man from the original band

Fact is : the new band is so much better than the old one

Fact is : axl has the say

That's all

It would be so interesting to carry out an in depth psych analysis on Axl (someone probably already has).

The problem is that quote was in context to the very specific events of the past year, specifically the managerial situations. You're taking a more specific quote and generalizing it. None of us know what happened in relation to Doc McGhee and Peter Katsis getting let go.

Ali