Axl FINALLY has the right managemnt

CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's as simple as this: Axl believes in the band he and their music and does not want to reunite with the old guys. Even for money. Especially not for money. Every business manager has tried to get him to compromise. And why wouldn't they? Their goal is just to make as much money as possible, so in a way, who can blame them? But that puts stress on Axl. Other managers can manipulate and con and pressure Axl, or deceive him into rushing Chinese Democracy out with no promotion and incorrect linner notes just so they can cover their financial asses with the Best Buy deal. And who suffers? Axl.

With all the coming Hall of Fame reunion nonsense, there's going to be more pressure on Axl than ever. So who can he trust? Who among all the soulless music industry snakes can Axl really believe in? Who will not ultimately be trying to make the reunion score happen? There's only one person who truly understands the real story of what went down with Slash. Only one person who understands why that should never, ever happen, no matter how much money people would throw at him, and no matter how much great press and popularity he would get. Some things are just more important... like honor, dignity, art and yes, even family. So in this very difficult, but very crucial time for Guns N' Roses, Beta is the only person they can trust.

Only one person who understands why that should never, ever happen, no matter how much money people would throw at him, and no matter how much great press and popularity he would get. Some things are just more important... like honor, dignity, art and yes, even family. So in this very difficult, but very crucial time for Guns N' Roses, Beta is the only person they can trust.

what a load of crap. if anything beta's partly responsible for not letting Slash and Axl put their differences to bed.

I've always thought of Beta/Fernando as a double edged sword. I think that without beta & fernando axl would have been gone post 1994 and we may not of heard as much from him that we have up to this point.

But, having said that I do think that for some odd reason that either Beta is by Axl's side to protect him from certain things (which when the LAX thing happened that kinda blew that theory away, because I mean I highly doubt that the paparazzi went out of there way to instigate something with Beta, they wouldn't even know who she is, I think she played a major part in that) Or that she simply doesnt want to "lose" him to other people within the industry...be it a manager or others within the band.

And everyone who has posted on here who has actually MET Beta/Fernando have all said that they were extremely nice. But MSL (who I trust) has said that Beta kinda seemed off the wall talking about how the "fans were killing axl because of all the pressure they were putting on him to put out cd", and he also said that she would rant for 30mins at a time about how awful slash is.

So I think that what happens is a manager may tell Axl "Ok I think we should do this,this and this". Then axl either tells Beta or she is there to hear it and then that manager is gone because Axl is told by people within his circle "Fuck that, you don't have to do that shit".

Just like I think Fernando has been the major backing force behind embracing the internet via twitter/facebook.But, I do think that the whole "If you want to be home by 10, go see a movie...this is rock n roll...blah,blah,blah" thing was posted by Fernando and either Del or the bands manager at the time basically told Fernando "What the fuck are you thinking??..this isn't the 80s or 90s anymore, fans wont put up with this bullshit anymore" And they quickly apologized to the fans.

The fans getting apologized to NEVER happened back in the day.

This is a different world we are living in, and I know Axl realizes that. I really hope for the sake of all involved that this move is the best move for everyone. I really,really hope.

Did you guys NOT see Axl's recent VH1 interview? He was doing great, looking AMAZING, really impressed the pants of those nobodies gathered around his feet. I think this may be the greatest GnR tour of all time and Beta is to thank! If I could afford a maid, I'd hire her to clean up my life after she finished on my trailer!

How much pressure is there on Beta now? Considering the personal relationship that her and Axl have. Now she's the manager, this could end up badly personally and professionally.

Or it could be the best thing that's ever happened to Guns N' Roses. Judging from the 2011 Super Tour, the great press, Axl doing publicity, and management clearly stating that they're working on releasing the new album, I think only a hater would try and conclude that this is she's doing a bad job.

Hey all,

Right or wrong, good or bad, if I were someone (not saying I am) who was hoping for a reunion of the original band this would be bad news.

Beta and her family will always have Axl's best interests at heart, not the band's. This works for the current incarnation of GNR as none of them were present at the band's genesis and are all one Axl tantrum away from a lower standard of living.

But if you think Slash, Duff and co. would be willing to be managed by Beta and crew you're dreaming.

It all be moot as it doesn't sound Axl has any intention of reforming with the original band for the present time or near future. But I've got to think that this would be another major hurdle if the five original members (or Matt) expressed any interest of reforming.

Having said all that, I'm glad Axl is finally formally being represented by people he can trust.

And I wouldn't knock Beta and her family's managerial skills. She's seen how the game has been run for 20 years now; I'm sure she and her kids have a good handle on what the job requires. It's band management, not brain surgery. It's my reading that the reason why Axl goes through so many managers isn't because they are horrible at their jobs, but because he questions their intentions. This kind of issue should no longer be a problem.

Cheers,

Andrew

We definitely have to wait and see how it goes. If these other managers were negotiating and scheming for a reunion behind Axl's back, I suppose it makes sense to fire them. Azoff did it, and I suspect Doc McGhee did too. I don't understand what happened with Merck though, he seemed to genuinely like and support the new band and was pushing hard (at least publicly) not for a reunion, but for Chinese Democracy throughout 2006. He really seemed to think it was coming out by Christmas - it was Axl who continually said he needed more recording, but then couldn't find "the muse" to get anything done in the studio.

People really need to stop with the housekeeper nonsense. I mean, Peter Katsis is a successful manager of rock bands, but what if we find out he mowed lawns for a summer in 1976? What would a lawn mowing kid know about the rock business? Don't people realize how stupid posting these demeaning comments makes them look?

Beta's tenure as manager will be successful or not successful based on how competent she is, how much she's learned over the last 20 years, the contacts she's made, etc. Yes there's a lot of complex legal issues, but we know Axl has a team of lawyers. Who Beta worked for in 1992 is irrelevant.

Good luck Beta. We're rooting for ya.

Hey all,

Right or wrong, good or bad, if I were someone (not saying I am) who was hoping for a reunion of the original band this would be bad news.

Beta and her family will always have Axl's best interests at heart, not the band's. This works for the current incarnation of GNR as none of them were present at the band's genesis and are all one Axl tantrum away from a lower standard of living.

But if you think Slash, Duff and co. would be willing to be managed by Beta and crew you're dreaming.

It all be moot as it doesn't sound Axl has any intention of reforming with the original band for the present time or near future. But I've got to think that this would be another major hurdle if the five original members (or Matt) expressed any interest of reforming.

Having said all that, I'm glad Axl is finally formally being represented by people he can trust.

And I wouldn't knock Beta and her family's managerial skills. She's seen how the game has been run for 20 years now; I'm sure she and her kids have a good handle on what the job requires. It's band management, not brain surgery. It's my reading that the reason why Axl goes through so many managers isn't because they are horrible at their jobs, but because he questions their intentions. This kind of issue should no longer be a problem.

Cheers,

Andrew

The reunion was a no go before management was taken over by Beta. Axl owns the GNR name Izzy, Slash and Duff would not work for Axl. Izzy and Duff might do an occasional appearance but don't kid yourself they are not going to work for Axl full time. These guys have moved own it is time the fans let them go. At best we can hope for is a peaceful HOF appearance.

Most people that want a reunion do not understand what would have to happen for it to become reality. There would be alot more to it besides them walking on stage and performing together. There would be alot more to it than Axl and Slash being able to be polite to one another. The business part of it is impossible. Would they even consent to perform under the GNR name?

Edited by sleeper

Having beta as a manager keeps all GnR doings in house,thats not really a good thing.She is axls rock and she should stay that way.There is always disagreements in buisness and sometimes you have to do things you dont want to,being so close to GnR in personal ways i would believe that it would be hard to play hardball with him and make him listen and comply with thing he doesnt want to hear or do.Pressure is the name of the buisness game like it or not you have to be forcefull to succeed.he needs her by his side not dictating things which is what a manager must do.Hope it all works out for them but from experience buisness and family dont mix well and they are as close as family can get.

Only one person who understands why that should never, ever happen, no matter how much money people would throw at him, and no matter how much great press and popularity he would get. Some things are just more important... like honor, dignity, art and yes, even family. So in this very difficult, but very crucial time for Guns N' Roses, Beta is the only person they can trust.

what a load of crap. if anything beta's partly responsible for not letting Slash and Axl put their differences to bed.

What ever you don't know shit.

Don"t be so nasty! :P

Having beta as a manager keeps all GnR doings in house,thats not really a good thing.She is axls rock and she should stay that way.There is always disagreements in buisness and sometimes you have to do things you dont want to,being so close to GnR in personal ways i would believe that it would be hard to play hardball with him and make him listen and comply with thing he doesnt want to hear or do.Pressure is the name of the buisness game like it or not you have to be forcefull to succeed.he needs her by his side not dictating things which is what a manager must do.Hope it all works out for them but from experience buisness and family dont mix well and they are as close as family can get.

That's actually a good point, and I agree. But I do think that a lot of time, Axl will not let someone play hardball with them. It's going to be his way or the highway.

BUT... I do feel like Beta has already proven that she can be tough. She did that when she gave Axl the ultimatum and told him she'd leave him if she couldn't manage the band. Match point: Beta. In a way she's proven she has the ultimate leverage, because he would never want her to leave him. And especially not take Fernando and Vanessa. But she should not abuse that power, and only threaten to leave Axl when it's really important to the surivival of the band, like in the instance of management, or if it could prevent a riot.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I can’t see how label representatives are going to respectfully engage with the Lebeis syndicate. How can they, effectively Axl’s family, credibly put the case for a new GN’R album?

It’s matter of “Well of course you’re going to say that.”

However, the Lebeis are obviously responsible for the launch of the new site & PPV streams. So as of now their tenure in full control has my approval.

I think it’s a brave move on Beta’s part; she’s putting her personal relationship with Axl on the line by exposing herself to his professional side. Which is significantly more ruthless.

There’s the capacity here for the Lebeis grip on Axl to crack.

So management has been the problem all these years? :rolleyes:

yes :xmasssanta:

What ever you don't know shit.

Did I say you could talk?! :fuckyou:

Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew

wtf was that a letter?? How old are u 56?! :fuckyou:

wtf was that a letter?? How old are u 56?! :fuckyou:

:rofl-lol:

How is this the right management? They are amateurs. I'd rather have a real manager for Axl & co, not his housekeeper.

I bet the "housekeper" can kick your fuckin' ass if you ever called her that to her face in real life.

You like it when i'm nasty :D

That was a retarded post..WHAT LOSER LEAVES THEIR NAME LIKE THAT!!!!

That housekeeper would get her ass kicked by me...id slap her at LAX. So stfu!!!!!!!

No one likes it when ur nasty..so quit before i really own ur bitch ass :thumbsup:

I can’t see how label representatives are going to respectfully engage with the Lebeis syndicate. How can they, effectively Axl’s family, credibly put the case for a new GN’R album?

It’s matter of “Well of course you’re going to say that.”

However, the Lebeis are obviously responsible for the launch of the new site & PPV streams. So as of now their tenure in full control has my approval.

I think it’s a brave move on Beta’s part; she’s putting her personal relationship with Axl on the line by exposing herself to his professional side. Which is significantly more ruthless.

There’s the capacity here for the Lebeis grip on Axl to crack.

Well, that's sort of no different than a manager. A manager is an employee of the artist. "OF COURSE you're going to say that, he's paying you to."

Same thing with agents and such. They're employees, not neutral deal makers.

Their you go, already from the ultimatum personal threats are brought up" I will leave you" how many times will that work before it explodes, not many in my opinion.Exspecialy with Axl, when your used to dealing with someone on a personal level its hard to revert into a managerial mode with out stepping on toes.What do you think would happen if band members started to disagree with her?Who would go if it came to that? Dj? Richard?Beta?its safer to have a outsider fall than to have to blame family.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Well, that's sort of no different than a manager. A manager is an employee of the artist. "OF COURSE you're going to say that, he's paying you to."

There’s a little bit more credibility to a largely abstract employee than there is to a person the artist sees as a “mother”.

The label is going to take a McGhee, Katsis more seriously than a Beta.

the fact that she is so important to Axl , makes me worried about this

But I really hope everything works out just fine!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It’s literally like Ron or Richard or Frank’s mother (under the assumption all 3 are alive) going into a boardroom to pitch the case for a new GN’R album.

Beta might be immeasurably credible to Axl; but there’s no certainty the label will think the same. She could allow her emotional attachment to the project compromise her “capability” as a negotiator.

The label is going to take a McGhee, Katsis more seriously than a Beta.

that's exactly why beta should do it. it's been obvious for awhile that lack of real management has been a huge issue, and beta's the only person who isn't gonna buddy up to axl just to get the original band back together. the man needs to do his work in the way he wants it, and he's more than earned that right (which should be a given for all artists.)

How is this the right management? They are amateurs. I'd rather have a real manager for Axl & co, not his housekeeper.

I bet the "housekeper" can kick your fuckin' ass if you ever called her that to her face in real life.

I don't think so, but how is that relevant? Hiring your own housekeeper as a manager is about as Spinal Tap as humanly possible.