Axl FINALLY has the right managemnt

CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I don't care if he missed lines or there was an untuned guitar. The ending sounds like shit period.

The song is musically excellent on the album and even better when BBF does that sweet fuckin outro

I get what you mean but for me Rocket Queen (and most of AFD) is like a fun party album so I don't like to pick it apart too much. I like how unfinished and amateurish the songs seemed to sound back then, it seems to fit the scene and where their lives were at the time. :shrugs:

Ahh... wish I had been alive back then... :rolleyes:

See I don't care if he missed lines or there was an untuned guitar. The ending sounds like shit period.

The song is musically excellent on the album and even better when BBF does that sweet fuckin outro

I get what you mean but for me Rocket Queen (and most of AFD) is like a fun party album so I don't like to pick it apart too much. I like how unfinished and amateurish the songs seemed to sound back then, it seems to fit the scene and where their lives were at the time. :shrugs:

Be nice but the fashion wasn't my cup of tea.

Me, too.

• 6 months later...

it's interesting what marc cantor added... about beta having run the band for a long time anyways. now they just get to keep the 15 percent commission that used to go to other managers. i wonder how long beta truly was calling the shots. how much credit does she deserve for post-hall of fame gnr's failures?

it's interesting what marc cantor added... about beta having run the band for a long time anyways. now they just get to keep the 15 percent commission that used to go to other managers. i wonder how long beta truly was calling the shots. how much credit does she deserve for post-hall of fame gnr's failures?

We don't really know what part of the tour management her family's involved in, but someone who's been a constant companion on the road is going to know all the local promoters.

As much as the management of late has been top notch. Doesn't this whole "putting someone in charge who is already part of the band" just remind you of Jeanine taking over the management in Spinal Tap?

watch how nothing happens now.

At least "proper management" would prompt Axl to actually do someting. Where as Beta & her offspring will just be the same sycophantic suck ups as ever.

Do you think they care about the new record? NO

Axl has blown some of the top management in the world to settle for this second rate "nanny".

Well said.........

Not that it would ever, in a million years happen, but could you imagine if Axl were to fire Beta?

It'll happen eventually (or she'll abandon ship like everyone else not named Del James) . And it will be epic.

Edited by Angelica

Not that it would ever, in a million years happen, but could you imagine if Axl were to fire Beta?

It'll happen eventually (or she'll abandon ship like everyone else not named Del James) . And it will be epic.

You really think that? :blink:

No, she's obviously been drinking. Angelica, stop drunk posting and take the forum seriously.

After all the ups and downs and problems with shifty managers, I'm glad that Axl has finally put people he can trust in charge of the band. It's taken us along time to get to this point, but I have a really good, strong feeling that we are about to enter the the most productive, prolific period in Axl's career. He's granting interviews, and talking to fans and appearing in national media again, and seeming happy, and even talking up the next release. All while putting on the most blistering, ass-kicking live tour since Use Your Illusion. This can't be a coincidence. This has to all be product of effective, professional management that's sensitive to Axl's needs and supportive of his goals. I was especially encouraged to read about how Beta's going to help clear the way for a new album by dealing with the record label for Axl. Holy shit. That is just what the doctor ordered. She may be the one person tough enough to crack a few heads down at the greedy record company office and get Axl what he needs to put the next album out.

Usually, I would never, ever under any circumstances support anyone giving Axl an ultimatum like she did when she told Axl she would quit working with him if he didn't let her and her family be the managers. One, I do not think anyone should ever tell Axl Rose what he has to do. But also because I was a little worried to hear Beta threaten to leave Axl because we know how unique and special their relationship has been, and even if she was only saying that to motivate him to let her be the manager, it still seems a little extreme consdiering how much we know Axl loves and needs her. Nobody wants to lose their 'mother,' even if it's not his mother by blood, but the "Mother of the Band." But it worked, and now Axl for once has a Manager that he can trust completely and we can also be absoluitely sure that she will never try and get him to reunite with the old band because she, of all people, understands how hurtful they have been.

We've had some great times and some dark times with this band. But now that we've finally got Beta and people we can trust at the wheel, I really feel like we're about to enter the "Golden Years" of Guns N' Roses.

it's kind of funny hearing Axl whine about his band's poor mangement in the past when he was the one who orchestrated everything and was responsible for hiring them in the 1st place - it's like, don't blame me, blame the manager, I'm only the guy who hired him

After all the ups and downs and problems with shifty managers, I'm glad that Axl has finally put people he can trust in charge of the band. It's taken us along time to get to this point, but I have a really good, strong feeling that we are about to enter the the most productive, prolific period in Axl's career. He's granting interviews, and talking to fans and appearing in national media again, and seeming happy, and even talking up the next release. All while putting on the most blistering, ass-kicking live tour since Use Your Illusion. This can't be a coincidence. This has to all be product of effective, professional management that's sensitive to Axl's needs and supportive of his goals. I was especially encouraged to read about how Beta's going to help clear the way for a new album by dealing with the record label for Axl. Holy shit. That is just what the doctor ordered. She may be the one person tough enough to crack a few heads down at the greedy record company office and get Axl what he needs to put the next album out.

Usually, I would never, ever under any circumstances support anyone giving Axl an ultimatum like she did when she told Axl she would quit working with him if he didn't let her and her family be the managers. One, I do not think anyone should ever tell Axl Rose what he has to do. But also because I was a little worried to hear Beta threaten to leave Axl because we know how unique and special their relationship has been, and even if she was only saying that to motivate him to let her be the manager, it still seems a little extreme consdiering how much we know Axl loves and needs her. Nobody wants to lose their 'mother,' even if it's not his mother by blood, but the "Mother of the Band." But it worked, and now Axl for once has a Manager that he can trust completely and we can also be absoluitely sure that she will never try and get him to reunite with the old band because she, of all people, understands how hurtful they have been.

We've had some great times and some dark times with this band. But now that we've finally got Beta and people we can trust at the wheel, I really feel like we're about to enter the "Golden Years" of Guns N' Roses.

it's kind of funny hearing Axl whine about his band's poor mangement in the past when he was the one who orchestrated everything and was responsible for hiring them in the 1st place - it's like, don't blame me, blame the manager, I'm only the guy who hired him

It is always someone elses fault! The manager, record company, the media. Now that Beta is the manager Axl has lost one of his favorite excuses.

It is always someone elses fault! The manager, record company, the media. Now that Beta is the manager Axl has lost one of his favorite excuses.

it's even funnier that fans fall for his nonsensical excuses