Frank Ferrer

axlsalinger

Maybe I should start a Matt Sorum thread, so we can actually talk about Frank. Nobody who has drummed for GNR is better than Josh Freese. But that is not the point. We are talking about the chemistry in GNR in 2011.

When the LA clips are available, keep on eye on Frank. He has gotten really, really good.

There have been numerous threads about Frank, maybe you should have started a Matt thread, it would make for a change.

Someone will start a Ron thread next, these members have been here for a while y' know?

If you expected 'kiss ass" Frank comments all the way through, this is a forum! We are allowed to debate.

Yes, Guns sound brilliant right now! But I play drums and have been giving my opinions.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please stop acknowledging that cupcake "YOOSH" presence?

let's show some love for Guns n' Roses drummer, Mr Frank Ferrer!

Agreed he is gone. A big history of pretty much bashing every band member and camp.

YOOSH went WOOSH :D

Maybe I should start a Matt Sorum thread, so we can actually talk about Frank. Nobody who has drummed for GNR is better than Josh Freese. But that is not the point. We are talking about the chemistry in GNR in 2011.

When the LA clips are available, keep on eye on Frank. He has gotten really, really good.

There have been numerous threads about Frank, maybe you should have started a Matt thread, it would make for a change.

Someone will start a Ron thread next, these members have been here for a while y' know?

If you expected 'kiss ass" Frank comments all the way through, this is a forum! We are allowed to debate.

Yes, Guns sound brilliant right now! But I play drums and have been giving my opinions.

Well, first of all I was making a joke. I did not expect all kiss ass comments. There were posts comparing Sorum and others to Frank, which is fine, but there were also posts bashing or discussing Sorum without any mention of Ferrer. Probably mostly that one cupcake anyway.

In fact, I really enjoy hearing the most from people who are drummers or are very knowledgable about drumming in general to give their honest assessment, whether it be positive or negative.

Well, first of all I was making a joke. I did not expect all kiss ass comments. There were posts comparing Sorum and others to Frank, which is fine, but there were also posts bashing or discussing Sorum without any mention of Ferrer. Probably mostly that one cupcake anyway.

In fact, I really enjoy hearing the most from people who are drummers or are very knowledgable about drumming in general to give their honest assessment, whether it be positive or negative.

Fair play mate,love the banter about the drums me :xmasssanta:

I think Frank is the best drummer the band has had. Stevie was TOO bouncy. Shit was distracting. Listen to bootlegs from 87/88 and tell me his drumming doesn't wear you out and make you want to stop listening. It's just too much. Matt was too far the other way and his kit was way too tight. Brain didn't sound right, either. I won't say that Frank is the most technically talented drummer the band has ever had, but he sounds the best. He's not too tight like Matt, not too loose like Stevie, adds just enough of his own stuff to not be distracting, and has a great kit. I'm a big fan of him. Drums are typically the least thought of part of a band, but he's perfect in that he doesn't distract you for good or bad. That's the best kind of drummer, especially in a band like this.

There are many reasons why they are not in the band anymore and that's probably one of them.

Brain was a different situation, don't think anyone knows why he never came back, but you gotta roll with what you got, and it's good! :xmasssanta:

Maybe the paycheck issue/discussion with Axl is a part of it.

I keep seeing this referred to. What exactly happened?

There are many reasons why they are not in the band anymore and that's probably one of them.

Brain was a different situation, don't think anyone knows why he never came back, but you gotta roll with what you got, and it's good! :xmasssanta:

seconded

Frank is ok, like him better than Brain. He reminds me of Sorum, does his job well, with no surprises. He can never seem to get the intro on Brownstone right though:P

To me, Sorum brought power, passion and a hard intense driving sound. Yeah Frank's Brownstone intro is bloody terrible.

To me, Sorum brought sub-standard rock beats and moronic drummer faces. To each their own I guess.

in all honesty though, they all are great drummers.. frank has a great groove to his playing.. he's got the technical skill and groove..

I know sorums drums on the illusions sounded somewhat boring.. but i think you have to keep in mind that he's just joined a new band @ the time.. i don't feel like he would have had enough time to create the chemistry in time for recording the illusions.. there wasn't enough time.. like only now frank is starting to really stand out. and thats because of years of being in the band.. for the illusion recordings, i don't feel sorum had enough time to make it sound like chemistry was there.. that shit takes time with most bands. i know it took time for two of the bands i was in to start sounding like a real band..

If you listen to sorums drumming with vr, its obvious he's gotten the chemistry with duff and slash.. if he played like that on the illusions you wouldn't really think that sorum is a boring drum machine.. it's far from the truth..

Frank is ok, like him better than Brain. He reminds me of Sorum, does his job well, with no surprises. He can never seem to get the intro on Brownstone right though:P

To me, Sorum brought power, passion and a hard intense driving sound. Yeah Frank's Brownstone intro is bloody terrible.

To me, Sorum brought sub-standard rock beats and moronic drummer faces. To each their own I guess.

in all honesty though, they all are great drummers.. frank has a great groove to his playing.. he's got the technical skill and groove..

I know sorums drums on the illusions sounded somewhat boring.. but i think you have to keep in mind that he's just joined a new band @ the time.. i don't feel like he would have had enough time to create the chemistry in time for recording the illusions.. there wasn't enough time.. like only now frank is starting to really stand out. and thats because of years of being in the band.. for the illusion recordings, i don't feel sorum had enough time to make it sound like chemistry was there.. that shit takes time with most bands. i know it took time for two of the bands i was in to start sounding like a real band..

If you listen to sorums drumming with vr, its obvious he's gotten the chemistry with duff and slash.. if he played like that on the illusions you wouldn't really think that sorum is a boring drum machine.. it's far from the truth..

Very good outlook and probably true. I always say that Sorum drums the Guns tunes way better with VR than he ever did on the Illusions tour.

Not sure about Brain, it was family stuff at first then...

BTW wicked sig, unique!

seconded

During an interview some years ago Brain got asked if he will be sitting behind the drums during the next G N' R tour and he answered that he will be if he gots his paycheck on time. There was also the issue between him and Axl about the costs of Axl's haircut.

seconded

During an interview some years ago Brain got asked if he will be sitting behind the drums during the next G N' R tour and he answered that he will be if he gots his paycheck on time. There was also the issue between him and Axl about the costs of Axl's haircut.

:laugh::blink:

seconded

Ok, now the haircut thing HAS to be a joke, lol

seconded

I understand your reaction but this realy happened during the start of the 2006 tour.

I'm not a fan of VR in the least bit so I'm just going to have to take your word for it.