just watch rio 2001 again

blake-a-mania

Would have been the best song on Chinese Democracy if it made the cut

I can name 14 Better songs on Chinese Democracy.

Me too. Oh My God is my least favorite GNR track that Axl sang on. It has grown on me a lot over the years though.

I didn't like it at first. Before I found out it was only a demo I thought it was shit. I feel it needed a lot of improvements.

Edited by BirdCatcher

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Oh My God is my least favorite GNR track that Axl sang on. It has grown on me a lot over the years though.

it was the darkest craziest song Axl's recorded. who wouldn't love that!!!

people who listen to Sixx AM

people who listen to Sixx AM

give me a break. Nikki Sixx is someone that should have just gone away. His radio show is a joke. He's the most obvious slow-witted person in the history of radio and the most blatantly forgettable bassist in the world. He's a joke. Axl was the only person to come out of the 1980s rock world who wasn't a doof!!!

PS: just listened to some Sixx:Am. Sounds like fucking finger eleven. hahaha

Edited by Danker

derpa durrr, opinions

If you can't respect other people's opinions you can get the fuck off the forum.

wheres the disrespect? I was just pointing out that we have different opinions, little defensive eh?

derpa durrr, opinions

If you can't respect other people's opinions you can get the fuck off the forum.

wheres the disrespect? I was just pointing out that we have different opinions, little defensive eh?

I took your little comment as disrespectful yes. Still do.

derpa durrr, opinions

when is finger eleven's new cd coming out! I'm ready to rock!!! HARD!!!! :violin: <<----- this post is disrespectful :-)

Edited by Danker

Danker, go back and read my post again. I was agreeing with you

BirdCatcher, cry me a fucking river. We're talking about a rock band on this site, none of this is personal and definitely shouldn't be taken that way... if you're offended by anything I say about Guns N' Roses on the internet you can blame your own thin skin.

BirdCatcher, cry me a fucking river. We're talking about a rock band on this site, none of this is personal and definitely shouldn't be taken that way... if you're offended by anything I say about Guns N' Roses on the internet you can blame your own thin skin.

hahaha..nice...im drunk and sleep deprived. :thumbsup:

Sixx:Am is fucking awful!!! hahahaha that birdcatcher needs to take thy stick out of thy arse

Edited by Danker

All I have to say is respect other people's opinions instead of being a dick about it. Maybe you should take a little look at the forum rules in the FAQ, I know I am not a mod, but I am getting tired of seeing your disrespectful posts. Not liking a person is one thing but to wish death on them is pretty fucked up.

All I have to say is respect other people's opinions instead of being a dick about it. Maybe you should take a little look at the forum rules in the FAQ, I know I am not a mod, but I am getting tired of seeing your disrespectful posts. Not liking a person is one thing but to wish death on them is pretty fucked up.

uh when did i ever wish death on anybody

back on topic :-)

So which performance was better RiR 2001 or RiR 2011..

I vote 2001 :shades:

DJ seems to embody everything the original GNR mocked and criticized, and I find it disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again; can't wait till he gets shitcanned/quits/dies/whatever, as soon as he isn't in Guns N' Roses anymore my confidence in this band will skyrocket

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=182860&st=75

I would take the LA Forum show a few days ago over both of them :thumbsup:

DJ seems to embody everything the original GNR mocked and criticized, and I find it disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again; can't wait till he gets shitcanned/quits/dies/whatever, as soon as he isn't in Guns N' Roses anymore my confidence in this band will skyrocket

Ashba is a goofball who isn't that great of a player but he's a nice guy and he makes Axl happy so who gives a f*k.... sounds like im talking about 2 gay dudes. :xmasssanta:

I agree...the new band is a powerhouse now, but they've had the time to become as good as they are ---- a luxury the 2001 lineup didn't really have because of cancelled tours, sporadic dates etc... but it was still amazing and charming to see all the amazingly talented 2001 members just go pedal to the metal for better or for worse at that Rio show.

Edited by Danker

I agree...the new band is a powerhouse now, but they've had the time to become as good as they are ---- a luxury the 2001 lineup didn't really have because of cancelled tours, sporadic dates etc... but it was still amazing and charming to see all the amazingly talented 2001 members just go pedal to the metal for better or for worse at that Rio show.

The band in 2001 had years to prepare for such a huge show. I think Rio was their second ever show with Vegas being the first. I think their first show had around 1,000 people and Rio had over 200,000. You'd think they'd sound terrible but they were amazing.

Oh please, thats hardly "wishing death" on somebody. I included it amidst other possible reasons for a departure from the band, casually as a joke to show how little I think of him. Didn't expect anybody to take that seriously lol.

I'll admit some of my posts are pretty insensitive. I really don't mean to offend anybody but I'm not gunna lose any sleep if I do, its just the internet dude.

Oh please, thats hardly "wishing death" on somebody. I included it amidst other possible reasons for a departure from the band, casually as a joke to show how little I think of him. Didn't expect anybody to take that seriously lol.

I'll admit some of my posts are pretty insensitive. I really don't mean to offend anybody but I'm not gunna lose any sleep if I do, its just the internet dude.

Isn't saying you can't wait for someone to die the same as wishing?

Well at least you own up to it. I can respect that. I can own up to overreacting. Shit I am always in a good mood on Christmas Eve.

The band in 2001 had years to prepare for such a huge show. I think Rio was their second ever show with Vegas being the first. I think their first show had around 1,000 people and Rio had over 200,000. You'd think they'd sound terrible but they were amazing.

The 2001 lineup only had 2 years to learn all of the catalog, rerecord Appetite, and then practice as a live unit, and then play their first shows. They were hardly just preparing for that one show. They were into many many tasks during that time

...the core of the current lineup, excluding Ashba's inclusion, has had over 5 years (more than twice the amount of time as the 2001 lineup) to become the strong band they are in 2011!!

Yes, the 2001 lineup was amazing at those early 2001 shows but you could obviously tell they were still working out kinks and learning how to play live together, especially at RiR. What I was saying is had the 2001 lineup stayed together and had 5-6 years as well we'd see them become just as amazing if not better than the current lineup, because they were pretty damn close even at RiR which was only their 2nd show EVER!!!

Edited by Danker