Full Axl Interview with Eddie trunk 2011

Albondi

After reading the LA Times interview, it's hard to watch this one. One of the worst interviews I've ever seen. It's hard to ask real questions when your tongue is so far up a person's ass.

Cheers,

Andrew

I don´t know for me it was fun, its nice to hear from axl and watch him in TV, at least we could hear the izzy "likes doing donuts" story ^^

Edited by Albondi

After reading the LA Times interview, it's hard to watch this one. One of the worst interviews I've ever seen. It's hard to ask real questions when your tongue is so far up a person's ass.

Cheers,

Andrew

Easily the worst interview I have ever seen in my life. I walked away from this one with nothing. They were just kissing his a$$ for an hour.

Cheers,

Andrew

Easily the worst interview I have ever seen in my life. I walked away from this one with nothing. They were just kissing his a$$ for an hour.

What was up with that try-hard with the sideburns?

Done the transalation to spanish, enjoy :)

3.5/5 stars on the translation. Several mistakes, but hey, it's fuckin' free. :)

I did what i could, i didn't understand much what this guy Xavier says at the beggining but who cares, the other thing are some people axl mentions,

Ellen?? 25:30

dobby? 33:00

If anybody knows who they really are let me know.. and the things this guy says at 3:10, besides that i think the rest of the stuff is ok

About the interview, in my opinion it wasn´t that bad, there was a lot of a$$ kissing but hey...its understandable , its Axl :P

Yeah, I have to say that I got more from the pre-air hype than I did from the actual interview itself. But, I can't say I blame them for doing the interview the way they did. They all know how Axl is, and you could really tell throughout the interview that if Axl sensed 1% of bullshit that he would've just walked off.

That being said, I think with how Axl has been as the tour has went on they might have been able to get more out of him if they had a chance to interview him later during the tour rather than sooner. But they had their one shot, they took it and at the end of the day they got the first sit down on camera interview with Axl in a long time.

Yeah, I have to say that I got more from the pre-air hype than I did from the actual interview itself. But, I can't say I blame them for doing the interview the way they did. They all know how Axl is, and you could really tell throughout the interview that if Axl sensed 1% of bullshit that he would've just walked off.

That being said, I think with how Axl has been as the tour has went on they might have been able to get more out of him if they had a chance to interview him later during the tour rather than sooner. But they had their one shot, they took it and at the end of the day they got the first sit down on camera interview with Axl in a long time.

True, but I think what the Eddie Trunk interview illustrates is that fans don't make for very good interviewers some times. The LA Times interviewer was more interested in getting an interesting story than praising his subject.

In other words, the Trunk interview would make for a great interview post on GNR's official website, but as a piece of objective journalism, it falls way below the mark.

Eddie and his associates seemed to preface every question with a "you're so great, dah dah dah dah..." Even when they tried to ask "tough" questions, like the late start times, they prefaced them by offering up excuses before Axl even had an opportunity to speak. There were no questions anywhere near as interesting as those posed in the LA Times piece; just to give an example, did Axl take any responsibility for the demise of the old band. It was such a great question because Axl's answer was so revealing and didn't require any follow up questions.

At the end of the day, you're suppose to be a journalist first and a fan second. No fault to Axl and the band as it's not their jobs to interview themselves. But as far as Trunk and his buddies go, this was one horrible interview.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Easily the worst interview I have ever seen in my life.

One of the worst interviews I've ever seen.

Cheers,

Andrew

Lol. Oh, you GnR people.

But this isn't a strike against GNR. It's not their job to be professional interviewers. This is a knock on Trunk and his buddies for conducting a horrible interview. The LA Times interview illustrates how one asks interesting and tough questions while being respectful. I don't fault Axl at all for this video; in fact, I kind of feel bad for him. Trunk must not think much of Axl's sensibilities if he can't ask a tough question without buttering him up first.

All I'm saying is that I found the LA Times article far more revealing and interesting because the journalist was attempting to get some truth from his subject and not waste his time by kissing his ass constantly.

People here don't realize that Eddie Trunk and co. HAD TO do an interview like this if they ever wanted to be able to have any contact with Axl again. If they sat there and grilled him over every single question for an hour straight, chances are he would've walked out or at the very least been pissed off enough that he would've never talked to any of these guys again. This is all about following protocol so that Trunk can continue to be on Axl's good side and do work with him in the future. Believe me, I agree that the interview was done terribly on their part. They turned EVERY QUESTION into a compliment towards Axl, which came across as so phony and fake. But you know what the bottom line is? They got an interview with Axl fucking Rose. That's all that matters. They got an interview with him, and chances are if they ask him for another interview a year from now, he and his management crew will say yes. This is just the way it works in the business. Of course it isn't right and of course they come across as total bullshitters, but we all tuned into the show to see the interview, so in the end they win. They got the ratings, they got the interview and if a year or however long from now they get another interview with Axl, we'll all tune in again no matter how much bullshit these guys spew from their mouths to make Axl feel like a god because it's all we have. It's not like Axl gives interviews left and right - sadly, these types of interviews are all we have to look forward to.

People here don't realize that Eddie Trunk and co. HAD TO do an interview like this if they ever wanted to be able to have any contact with Axl again. If they sat there and grilled him over every single question for an hour straight, chances are he would've walked out or at the very least been pissed off enough that he would've never talked to any of these guys again. This is all about following protocol so that Trunk can continue to be on Axl's good side and do work with him in the future. Believe me, I agree that the interview was done terribly on their part. They turned EVERY QUESTION into a compliment towards Axl, which came across as so phony and fake. But you know what the bottom line is? They got an interview with Axl fucking Rose. That's all that matters. They got an interview with him, and chances are if they ask him for another interview a year from now, he and his management crew will say yes. This is just the way it works in the business. Of course it isn't right and of course they come across as total bullshitters, but we all tuned into the show to see the interview, so in the end they win. They got the ratings, they got the interview and if a year or however long from now they get another interview with Axl, we'll all tune in again no matter how much bullshit these guys spew from their mouths to make Axl feel like a god because it's all we have. It's not like Axl gives interviews left and right - sadly, these types of interviews are all we have to look forward to.

exactly.