Floyd Mayweather Going to Jail for 90 Days (domestic abuse charge)

Guest Len B'stard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

It's easy to get mates in prison if you're a) from the streets and 2) fucking minted and 3) on a short stretch.

So how did you manage it then you scrubber? :P:lol:

being held overnight don't count as having done a stretch Dazey :lol: This is England, not Death Wish 3, they don't put you in a cell full of dubiously dressed punk rock caricatures, they give you a little magnolia painted 6 foot cell with a big rectangle with a blue gym matt on it to sleep off your pissedness til the morning and then sling you out!

being held overnight don't count as having done a stretch Dazey :lol: This is England, not Death Wish 3, they don't put you in a cell full of dubiously dressed punk rock caricatures, they give you a little magnolia painted 6 foot cell with a big rectangle with a blue gym matt on it to sleep off your pissedness til the morning and then sling you out!

Well what's the point in doing Porridge if you don't get to meet the funny punk fellas in the holding cells?

Guest Len B'stard

Apparently Floyds sentence has been delayed so he can fulfil his May 5th fight obligation. Hmmmmm, the plot thickeneth. Cuz Bob Arum and Pacman have been saying they'd've wanted floyd for this match up. And Floyds been saying he wants him too.

Guest Len B'stard

Mayweather lays down gauntlet to Pacquiao by offering May 5 showdown

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has challenged Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5.

The WBC welterweight champion’s plans to fight on that date in Las Vegas looked to be dead and buried when he was sentenced to prison.

But his 90-day term was deferred and the five-division world champion looks set to finally agree terms with Pacquiao for what could be the first $100m bout in history.

Mayweather tweeted: 'Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

'My Jail Sentence [sic] was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.'

The pair, who many consider to be the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, have put off meeting each other in the ring despite both camps promising a deal on several occasions.

The latest blow to negotiations came when Mayweather was sentenced to prison for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

But last week a judge declared that the 34-year-old could serve his time from June 1, paving the way for him to fight as planned.

It remains to be seen how the Pacquiao camp will respond but the Filipino said: 'I've said this over and over before and I'm saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jnr to be my next opponent and I haven't changed my choice despite recent developments.

'I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum, and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference. Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring.

[However] I don't choose the fight. It is my promoter who does because it's his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realise that.'

Arum had previously told ESPN: 'I'll sit with Manny and explain everything to him, tell him what I think each of these fights would do on pay-per-view.

'We'll talk about what (trainer) Freddie [Roach] thinks and about what (Top Rank matchmaker) Bruce [Trampler] thinks. Then I'll let Manny make the decision on which opponent he wants to fight, which I am sure he will do while I am there.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2084848/Floyd-Mayweather-offers-Manny-Pacquiao-May-5-showdown.html

How clearer would you like it? :)

Guest Len B'stard

Manny Pacquiao camp shuns May 5 date

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao's camp says there is no economic sense in setting up a bout with Floyd Mayweather on May 5 after the unbeaten American publicly challenged the Filipino champion via Twitter.

Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz told The Associated Press on Thursday that a 45,000-seat boxing arena being built in Las Vegas won't be finished before the end of May and staging the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in a smaller venue is "foolish from an economic standpoint."

Mayweather challenged and taunted Pacquiao to a May 5 bout in a tweet on Tuesday.

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see," he tweeted.

Mayweather is available for a fight in May at the MGM Grand Garden after a judge agreed last week to postpone his jail sentence for domestic violence until June. Mayweather was sentenced to 87 days in jail, but likely will serve less time.

The MGM Grand seats about 17,000, which could fetch around $20 million in sales, but the larger arena could raise an additional $30 million, Koncz said.

"Why would I tell Manny to fight on the 5th and throw away a percentage of 30 million? That's crazy," he said.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has told the Philippines' GMA television the only reason the fight won't happen is if there is an "economic problem."

He said the fight "could happen very, very easily" at the end of May -- enough time to build the outdoor arena "the fight so badly needs."

"I will also guarantee Manny's purse," he said. "In other words, Manny doesn't want to go into the ring and just fight out a percentage."

He said Mayweather is looking for "outside parties to guarantee his end of the purse."

"So, until he finds the angel, there is no fight," Arum said.

In a separate interview with GMA, Pacquiao said that if Mayweather agrees to a "50-50 sharing, there will be no problem."

"The purse is not the issue right now, the date is," Koncz said. "But we don't have a problem splitting it 50-50."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7453621/manny-pacquiao-camp-says-no-economic-sense-5-mayweather-fight

First it was that Manny sustained a cut against Marquez that wouldn't heal by May 5th (eh?!?!?!?!?!??!) and now it won't make economic sense...right.

First it was that Manny sustained a cut against Marquez that wouldn't heal by May 5th (eh?!?!?!?!?!??!) and now it won't make economic sense...right.

To be fair if there's an extra 30 million on the table for the sake of a couple of weeks he might have a point!

Guest Len B'stard

So PAC should take the fight even though financially its not right?

Ok that makes sense considering his opponent has done everything to make cash.

I'll fight Mayweather for a fiver and knocked him out he is a little bitch. Yeah I said it.

Sort of goes against the whole brave warrior that lives and dies for a battle bit though, doesn't it? And against the whole notion that, OK, Manny ain't skint, is he? if he wants it, there it is. And in a smaller venue, Pacman wouldn't be the only person at a loss, will he, so will Money May, the one who does "everything to make cash". So if he can step up, why can't Manny? And which is it, is it the cut eye that won't heal that Bob Arum was talking about (although how long it takes to heal a fucking cut eye i don't know, he fought Marquez in what, mid-November? How longs this eye gonna take?) or is it 'economic sense'?

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Mayweather: I want nobody else but Pacquiao

MANILA, Philippines – Floyd Mayweather Jr. made it clear that he only wants to fight one boxer, and that’s Manny Pacquiao.

“Like I said before, Floyd Mayweather don't want to fight nobody but one person. I don't want to fight nobody else but him. Nobody! I want him… I want him! I only want one person, Pacquiao!” he said in an interview with Fight Hype.

Mayweather also insisted that Pacquiao should agree on fighting him no later than May 5.

He said Pacquiao’s camp shouldn’t offer excuses to delay the fight up to late May because the supposed mega fight has already received much publicity.

“This fight is already sold, you know? The fight is already sold. All he gotta do is sign on the dotted line. I'm ready,” said the unbeaten boxer.

Mayweather denied he’s using Pacquiao’s name to sell his reported bout against Mexico’s Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero.

“I don't even know who ‘The Ghost’ is. I don't even know who that dude Guerrero is,” he said.

This was contrary to claims made by boxing promoter, Bob Arum, that Mayweather's bout with Guerrero was a tune-up fight before he faces Pacquiao.

But Mayweather said, “I fought a southpaw; I fought Ortiz. Ortiz was a tune-up preparing me for Pacquiao because I thought that the fight was going to happen and that's the fight that I want to give to the world."

Pacquiao said through his business adviser Michael Koncz that he would fight Mayweather in late May.

This is to give way for the construction of a temporary stadium where the fight can be held.

"Be your own boss Floyd and fight at the end of May, for the economic reason of earning the extra income from the bigger stadium... the earliest this can be constructed is the end of May," Koncz said.

Pacquiao added that Mayweather should also agree to a 50-50 split of fight revenue.

"Wala ng problema doon. Tanggapin na lang n'ya ang 50% na share n'ya at okay na 'yung fight (There are no more problems. If he accepts a 50% share then the deal for the fight is done)," Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao said that if Mayweather accepts a 50-50 purse split, each fighter stands to earn around $50 million to $60 million

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/01/14/12/mayweather-i-want-nobody-else-pacquiao

Yes! Let it be known Money!

• 6 months later...
Guest Len B'stard

Guess whoose comin' home tommorow? :D Hmmm, competition? Amir Khan? Nope. Manny Pacquiao? Tim Bradley? None of it looks much complicated. Bet someones gonna have a fuckin' party this weekend.

Undisputed undefeated pound for pound greatest fighter in the world today:

Check out 1:12, he's standing in front of a sea of fuckin' blue Ricky Hatton fans with a United top on givin' them all the finger :rofl-lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

"Oh please Mr Jailerman, let Floyd go, he'll die in prison, he can't drink the water, he isn't getting the proper nutrition, he can't drink tap water, please help this poor helpless undefeated boxing champion, if he doesn't get the proper nutrition and exercise, he'll wither and die!"

0803-floyd-mayweather-facebook-3.jpg

:lol: