There Was A Time...DO IT!!!!!

DocBrown

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWAT, Catcher and Prostitute

So sad they don't play those. I love Better and Madagascar, but those 3 songs are as good as these if not better.

17 years to release a new album and then they don't play the best of it.

Come on AXL!! Bring 'em back to the setlist!!

I'd rather have them replace Sorry and TIL with these than take out Better n Mad At Nascar.

Of course. Agree 100%

I just saying that TWAT and the others were as good as Madagascar or Better. Of course they are way better than Sorry, TIL or Shackler's

Just an opinion. But still sad not to see those great songs in the setlist

Twat high notes in 2010? Was it even played anywhere except Hamilton, of which we only have one really poor quality copy of? The Tokyo scream was awesome but the only time he's comfortably sang the verses was Hammerstein 12/05/06. It's obvious the reason they've rarely played Twat, Cathcher and Prostitute is because they're largely in his mid-range which is his weakest now and most times he's absolutely butchered them. The sad things is that it would take playing them over and over for the band to nail them but as with other great songs including Locomotive, we'll probably never ever get a perfect performance that's also perfectly recorded because they're so hard for Axl to sing he rarely does them whilst relatively less great tracks, say IRS, get the shit played out of them.

Obviously, whether some of us hardcore fans like it or not, the shows are structured to please the widest audience possible but I fucking wish Axl would sometimes think like a fan, the way e.g. Springsteen does, and think 'Shit me, i'm having an absolutely amazing night vocally, here in Lille, France 2010, and that dude over there by the soundboard must be getting a great quality boot of the show. I know, i'll have a bash at Twat tonight, and maybe even Prostitute. Because it would be really sad if in decades to come there wasn't a great quality version of this song live. It is, after all, my favourite song and probably the best thing Bucket and I did together."

If only.

Pitman could do a 20 minute keyboard solo after TWAT and Catcher that segued into Prositutute. Then do Paradise City.

Pitman should do a two hour solo of falling off his wobbly keyboard thing with the background vocals of Catcher where it kinda goes (WAAAHWAAAHOOOOOH) constantly looping.

Pitman could do a 20 minute keyboard solo after TWAT and Catcher that segued into Prositutute. Then do Paradise City.

Pitman should do a two hour solo of falling off his wobbly keyboard thing with the background vocals of Catcher where it kinda goes (WAAAHWAAAHOOOOOH) constantly looping.

this one of my favorites on the album, both this and Prostitute remind me of Estranged. Such cool and epic songs that I hope we get to hear live at some point!!!

I like everything on ChiDem except Scraped, which has some good moments but is just all over the place. Catcher is probably the most intruiging for me :thumbsup:

Catcher is a massive song!!

I think Scraped has a great riff and awesome energy - I just wish Axl hadn't autotuned the vocals on that one.

Twat high notes in 2010? Was it even played anywhere except Hamilton, of which we only have one really poor quality copy of? The Tokyo scream was awesome but the only time he's comfortably sang the verses was Hammerstein 12/05/06. It's obvious the reason they've rarely played Twat, Cathcher and Prostitute is because they're largely in his mid-range which is his weakest now and most times he's absolutely butchered them. The sad things is that it would take playing them over and over for the band to nail them but as with other great songs including Locomotive, we'll probably never ever get a perfect performance that's also perfectly recorded because they're so hard for Axl to sing he rarely does them whilst relatively less great tracks, say IRS, get the shit played out of them.

I was obviosly talking about december 2009 (Tokyo Show), which in my opinion was the best we've heard since the album came out.

I consider TWAT lyrics much better poetry than TIL lyrics are, which probably isn't poetry at all. Rhyme sucks

I'm so excited for the NYE show! It would be the perfect setlist if they got rid of Sorry and added There Was a Time. That would be the perfect song to play at midnight and excite the true fans. It doesn't have to be exactly like the album! Anything close would be good enough :) I agree about the Cather in the Rye too. I love the end of that song..........and would like it if they replaced Sorry with that if TWAT isn't going to happen. Don't think I'm complaining because the setlist is amazing the way it is.

Id love it also.

But one song i want back is if the world. MAN that song sounded awesome live. Not even touched it since South america 2010. Not sure why :/

This.

If The World is the best live song from Chinese Democracy. It's awesome how they used to jam for a bit in the outro, they really should bring this one back.

There Was A Time should be the song before Paradise City.

+1.

+2

By the way, I was there to see them play it for the first time ever, and it was fucking amazing.

Did Ron do Buckethead parts justice?

I was about to say, he played them flawlessly.

Even that crazy part around 5:20 in the song?

+1.

+2

By the way, I was there to see them play it for the first time ever, and it was fucking amazing.

Better than the original. It's the song that made me like Ron more than Bucket and I wish they would have let Ron do it on the album.

+1.

+2

Better than the original. It's the song that made me like Ron more than Bucket and I wish they would have let Ron do it on the album.

What a joke !!!!

Ron did an inprovisation at best nothing more !

His gear was not right to play the TWA outro note per note at the time...is ridiculos to say that he played better than the album version. :fuckyou:

Some people are full of shit !!!