2012 is The Year of Guns N' Roses

CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we've got Richard saying they're finishing up the new album next year, Axl saying 2012 is shaping up to be a busy year.

I have collected all the quotes from band members in this thread: http://www.a-4-d.com/t1338-work-on-new-record-in-2012#4130 :

Here are the quotes so far hinting at Guns N' Roses spending time on working on a new record in 2012:

Tommy, May 2011: We have dates in October, November, and then I'm still waiting to get the 411 on what will happen next year. I think the next thing is really going to have to be someone trying to organize a record and getting it together. I think there's a really good band there to do it. But, you

know, the thought of it is more daunting than a 'Mats or a Soul Asylum record combined.

Tommy, September 2011: Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way.

Dj being asked if more material will be released, October 2011: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer.

Dj, November 2011: I'm writing around the clock, obviously. Axl has tons of songs up his sleeve. The main goal is to regroup, put our heads together and figure out what Axl would feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record to put out. [...] Obviously Guns N' Roses, we have more tours and stuff [in 2012]; we're talking about and putting together this record.

Tommy, December 2011: There’s nothing etched in stone, but I can see us go into a writing mode in the new year. If there’s gonna be a new record, we’re going to have to start working some stuff out. But it’s just talk right now.

Tommy, paraphrased, December 2011: The hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR. There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go and could be polished up for potential release. Who knows, maybe there will be Chinese Democracy 2. Who knows?

Tommy, December 2011: Axl and I get along pretty good, and now is kind of the time to stick it out if we're going to make another record.

Bumblefoot, December 2011 (?):

bumbleface.jpg

Axl, December 2011: We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah.

Tommy, December 2011: With Guns, I'd like for them to get back in writing mode and see if there's another record to put out.

Richard: [...] we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record.

Check the other thread in the rumour's section for references.

Now we've got Richard saying they're finishing up the new album next year, Axl saying 2012 is shaping up to be a busy year.

I have collected all the quotes from band members in this thread: http://www.a-4-d.com/t1338-work-on-new-record-in-2012#4130 :

Here are the quotes so far hinting at Guns N' Roses spending time on working on a new record in 2012:

Tommy, May 2011: We have dates in October, November, and then I'm still waiting to get the 411 on what will happen next year. I think the next thing is really going to have to be someone trying to organize a record and getting it together. I think there's a really good band there to do it. But, you

know, the thought of it is more daunting than a 'Mats or a Soul Asylum record combined.

Tommy, September 2011: Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way.

Dj being asked if more material will be released, October 2011: Absolutely, yeah absolutely, that's our main focus with it right now. Obviously with me being a song writer and producer.

Dj, November 2011: I'm writing around the clock, obviously. Axl has tons of songs up his sleeve. The main goal is to regroup, put our heads together and figure out what Axl would feel would be the next best Guns N' Roses record to put out. [...] Obviously Guns N' Roses, we have more tours and stuff [in 2012]; we're talking about and putting together this record.

Tommy, December 2011: There’s nothing etched in stone, but I can see us go into a writing mode in the new year. If there’s gonna be a new record, we’re going to have to start working some stuff out. But it’s just talk right now.

Tommy, paraphrased, December 2011: The hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR. There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go and could be polished up for potential release. Who knows, maybe there will be Chinese Democracy 2. Who knows?

Tommy, December 2011: Axl and I get along pretty good, and now is kind of the time to stick it out if we're going to make another record.

Bumblefoot, December 2011 (?):

bumbleface.jpg

Axl, December 2011: We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah.

Tommy, December 2011: With Guns, I'd like for them to get back in writing mode and see if there's another record to put out.

Richard: [...] we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record.

Check the other thread in the rumour's section for references.

Great post!

Thx

2007 is the year of Guns N Roses

2008 is the year of Guns N Roses

2009 is the year of Guns N Roses

2010 is the year of Guns N Roses

2011 is the year of Guns N Roses

Looks about right.

I've been hearing the .... Will be the year for GN'R thing since about 2001/2002. Don't get me wrong, I still get very excited when I hear of something in the works but what needs to happen to actually be the year of GN'R? New record? Another tour? Reunion (which I feel is a step back)? DVD? Maybe a movie (not unlike "Some kind of monster")? I think, reunion aside, the rest of these things to happen during the same year to put the band back at number one in sales, tours, and overall make them relevant again in a new era. To me, GN'R will always be relevant but the fergies and Britneys and the fucking ridiculous tv talent show watching public make it a lot harder for any hard working actual musical act to be relevant.

I've started to ramble.

Good. Fucking. Night!

Jesus Christ, I was gone for 2 days and this thread turned to absolute shit! We weren't supposed to be arguing and talking about stuff, we were supposed to be making a comprehensive list of all the 2012 reasons why this year is going to kick tons of ass for Guns N' Roses. I've got to catch up on some work, but when I'm done, I'll go through these posts and cull an actual list from the things that have been posted, though I'm not going to take the time to attribute each reason, unless it's important to you that you be given credit for your contributions to the list. Just let me know.

I really think it would be awesome to see if we can come up with 2012 reasons. Obviously, a lot of those reasons can be fun. It doesn't all have to be very serious, though there are plenty of serious reasons why this year is shaping up to be the best. Imagine all the positivity we'd generate working together to reach that final goal of 2012. I believe it could help inspire the band.

If nothing else, we know slash will DEFINATELY put out a new album in 2012 that sounds like it could be some of his best work since his Guns days - that should coincide with GnRs induction into the Hall of Fame; hopefully these knuckleheads can bury the hatchette and play a few songs at their induction ceromony and avoid the trainwreck that Van Halen's was.

If nothing else, we know slash will DEFINATELY put out a new album in 2012 that sounds like it could be some of his best work since his Guns days - that should coincide with GnRs induction into the Hall of Fame; hopefully these knuckleheads can bury the hatchette and play a few songs at their induction ceromony and avoid the trainwreck that Van Halen's was.

How do you know that for sure?

In My opinion, Slash needs someone to co-write with him. I never liked what he writes alone.

Anyway, I sincerely hope Axl will put the main focus on CD's follow-up album and not another tour, even I'd love to see them.

In My opinion, Slash needs someone to co-write with him. I never liked what he writes alone.

Anyway, I sincerely hope Axl will put the main focus on CD's follow-up album and not another tour, even I'd love to see them.

I don't think Slash has written anything by himself. I think he does mostly music.

I don't think Slash has written anything by himself. I think he does mostly music.

The lyrics in 5 O'clock Somewhere record by Snakepit was mostly written by him.

For one, when has Slash said he's recording and releasing an album and not delivered? So yeah, I'd say he will definetly put out an album in 2012 and it looks like all indications are March/April/May.

And secondly, he's co-writing it with Myles.

I will gladly buy GnR's next album when it comes out; I'm just not expecting it anytime soon based on past history