December 31st (New Years Show) - Las Vegas - Official Thread

Tyler Drama

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually not suprised at all. I mean we all kind of made the "they must play new material at this show" thing out of thin air. If anything the LA show would have been the show to feature new material based on the DJ quote, but for this show there was zero indication anything would be different besides 2011 becoming 2012

I am actually not suprised at all. I mean we all kind of made the "they must play new material at this show" thing out of thin air. If anything the LA show would have been the show to feature new material based on the DJ quote, but for this show there was zero indication anything would be different besides 2011 becoming 2012

Oh really?

Q. What can fans expect to hear from the group at your upcoming shows in Vegas?

A. “Lots of kick ass rock ‘n’ roll music from the past, the present and maybe even the future.

From the Dizzy Reed interview a few days ago.

Oh really?

A. “Lots of kick ass rock ‘n’ roll music from the past, the present and maybe even the future.

Ah didn't see that quote. Still, I am not suprised at all no new stuff was brought out

Oh really?

No offense, but you need to re-read the quote.

Dizzy: "maybe even the future"

It's hardly a definitive guarantee of anything.

Ali

Oh really?

No offense, but you need to re-read the quote.

Dizzy: "maybe even the future"

It's hardly a definitive guarantee of anything.

Ali

I know that. I'm just saying, Dizzy saying that meant there was a chance of it happening, and that's why some people had their hopes up. Also, it would make sense to have played a new song on the last show in 2012 to make the fans "want more" but it didn't happen.

It's kind of ironic, all they had to do was play pretty much ANY song off 'Chinese Democracy' that's not in regular rotation, either 'If the World', 'Catcher in the Rye', 'There Was A Time', or 'Prostitute' or even pull out 'Oh My God' and the entire fan base would've been completely elated, and the band would've been seen as heroes and it would've set a completely positive and optimistic tone for the new year, yet they still continue to waste a slot in the set for 'Riff Raff'?? Love 'Rosie' but the other is unforgiveable. I really don't understand that. And I'm not even bashing them...

I was really planning on omg since we heard it rehearsed with civil war... nu gnr fans are the most obsessed bunch in the world ...its fucking awesome. But weak we got nothing new. I saw better. Then *song* after it and I've been waiting for the fuckers on the west coast all day. Should recorded scraped when I had the chance. It was so early in the tour I assumed it'd b played again...onlyxm like 8 ppl frm the forum were there. Sucks

I was the guy giving GNRSkidRow1 updates from Twitter last night. I'm POSITIVE there was a 5th song played in the Encore. I'm still unsure what it was but it was a full length song and not a jam. I initially said I don't think it was OMG but it was upbeat. I heard OMG probably once before........years ago and didn't think that's what it was. I'm still confused as to what song was played. I guess it was that Riff Raff cover.........I figured it might have been a cover.

Edited by donof

I was the guy giving GNRSkidRow1 updates from Twitter last night. I'm POSITIVE there was a 5th song played in the Encore. I'm still unsure what it was but it was a full length song and not a jam. I initially said I don't think it was OMG but it was upbeat. I heard OMG probably once before........years ago and didn't think that's what it was. I'm still confused as to what song was played.

So listen to OMG on youtube and see if thats it..

I was the guy giving GNRSkidRow1 updates from Twitter last night. I'm POSITIVE there was a 5th song played in the Encore. I'm still unsure what it was but it was a full length song and not a jam. I initially said I don't think it was OMG but it was upbeat. I heard OMG probably once before........years ago and didn't think that's what it was. I'm still confused as to what song was played.

Did Axl sing over it?

Did Axl sing over it?

This.

If Axl didn't sing over it, it was a jam and I don't give a fuck.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it's been solved that it was Riff Raff.

Edited by Black Sabbath

It's kind of ironic, all they had to do was play pretty much ANY song off 'Chinese Democracy' that's not in regular rotation, either 'If the World', 'Catcher in the Rye', 'There Was A Time', or 'Prostitute' or even pull out 'Oh My God' and the entire fan base would've been completely elated, and the band would've been seen as heroes and it would've set a completely positive and optimistic tone for the new year, yet they still continue to waste a slot in the set for 'Riff Raff'?? Love 'Rosie' but the other is unforgiveable. I really don't understand that. And I'm not even bashing them...

You have to remember that Guns perform for around 3 hrs. Something that hardly anyone does. If you remember in the interview of TMS, Axl said he plays that song to "get him going". I understand what you are saying though.

Wicked photos! :thumbsup:

You have to remember that Guns perform for around 3 hrs. Something that hardly anyone does. If you remember in the interview of TMS, Axl said he plays that song to "get him going". I understand what you are saying though.

I know what you mean. And that's fine, it's his call, he can do what he wants. Personally, I was at the Nashville show, and I feel lucky to have seen the first performance of 'Civil War', and they kick ass at every show. The whole thing about doing covers and extended jams rather than newer songs is really confusing to me. I think everyone had just built this idea up that because it was a NYE gig, in Vegas, that *something* different would occur. Oh well...