Albums you regret buying

Towelie

pop - u2

Best of Both Worlds - Van Halen

seventh son of a seventh son - Iron maiden

What didn't you like about Seventh Son? Other than The Prophecy, I'll give you that one is a shit song!

The Clairvoyant is perhaps my favorite off that album. Infinite Dreams was actually one of the first Maiden songs I ever heard, back in the good ol' days of file sharing over MSN and my friend who was heavily into them at the time was sending me some random songs.

On topic, I don't think I've ever truly regret buying an album. Sure, if I don't like it then I guess I'm out ten bucks or whatever I paid, but it's something else for the collection and it's not like I dwell over it.

Couple of Maiden albums. Worst band ever.

Couple of Jeff Buckley live albums. There's about 50 of them and they are all shit. Buy Grace and download the song Everybody Here Wants You and you have all the Jeff Buckley you need.

Oh, and the absolute biggest regret was spending 30 bucks on that Hollywood Rose: Roots of GnR album. Gilby should be shot for getting involved with that shit.

Queen - Hot Space

Despite the fact their studio manager tried to get it to sound like a Gay club record, there is still a great couple of songs in there like Under Pressure, Las Palabras de Amor etc

Under Pressure is one of the best songs of all time.

Backchat was great.

Good thread idea!

And that's actually pretty hard. Some albums did disappoint me, but there's very few I really regret. I bought this compilation album of The Verve which I really didn't like much at all.

Counting Crows - August And Everything After I suppose. I really don't get the fuss.

pop - u2

What didn't you like about Seventh Son? Other than The Prophecy, I'll give you that one is a shit song!

Really?? I love The Prophecy haha. I guess everyone has a song off of that album they don't like. Mine is Can I Play With Madness?

Moonchild being one of the most underrated Maiden tunes ever, it really allows Bruce to show his pipes.

pop - u2

Really?? I love The Prophecy haha. I guess everyone has a song off of that album they don't like. Mine is Can I Play With Madness?

Moonchild being one of the most underrated Maiden tunes ever, it really allows Bruce to show his pipes.

For me, the Prophecy is second only to the title track on that album.

pop - u2

I guess I wasn't really fair, I just brought Powerslave, Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast so it didn't stack up to those 3 imo, i'll give it another spin though, probably sounds the bit better without such expectation :thumbsup:

Anything by Iron Maiden - I tried getting into them, but I weren't feeling it.

<_<

A few months ago I'd agree with this guy. But after I went beyond the basic songs, I realized what a fucking AWESOME band they are. Can't believed I got into them after they came to Rio twice in 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time are two of my all-time favorite albums. Especially Seventh Son. Not a bad song on that album. And Moonchild. :wub:

Album I regret buying? I suppose Framing Armageddon by Iced Earth. I've heard good things about it, but I never got into it. Maybe I should give it another listen, though.

Couple of Maiden albums. Worst band ever.

Couple of Jeff Buckley live albums. There's about 50 of them and they are all shit. Buy Grace and download the song Everybody Here Wants You and you have all the Jeff Buckley you need.

Oh, and the absolute biggest regret was spending 30 bucks on that Hollywood Rose: Roots of GnR album. Gilby should be shot for getting involved with that shit.

I agree. Nothing against Gilby but as soon as I picked up that album in the store and saw Gilby's name on it I thought, "What business does Gibly have remixing Hollywood Rose songs?" To this day I only listen to the original demo versions of the songs on that album.

Guest Len B'stard

I bought this album by Jason Newsted of Metallica fame for, God knows what reason, i've never even heard a Metallica album in my life so why i'd wanna buy this i don't know, i remember it was one week where i just was so sick of everything i was listening to that i just went out and bought whatever rock n roll shit was being newly released that...week or so, so yeah, that was one of em. Was an absolute load of shit :lol: Also bought an album by a band that were quite new then that i believe now have achieved a modicum of fame called Biffy Clyro and i think their album was called Blackened Sky and i remember that being alright.

I think buying albums at random is like, not all a band exercise though, i got into a lot of bands/artists that way like Charley Patton whoose album i just saw the front cover of and it looked old and bluesy and he was a black guy and i thought heyyy, that looks authentic :lol: Same with The Violent Femmes who were a band who i literally knew nothing about but the name sounded cool and it had a cool front cover. My first Butthole Surfers album was bought like that too, based on the name and the front cover.

Edited by sugaraylen

Anything by Iron Maiden - I tried getting into them, but I weren't feeling it.

<_<

A few months ago I'd agree with this guy. But after I went beyond the basic songs, I realized what a fucking AWESOME band they are. Can't believed I got into them after they came to Rio twice in 3 years.

So what albums/songs changed your mind?