Great performances by great bands/artists

duff_rose

What are some of your favorite performances by any band? Please share!

I can watch this forever and never get tired of it:

The charisma these two guys have is amazing. Two of the most talented singers ever. And kinda underrated today compared to many other 60's/70's rock and pop artists. Art's smoking voice sounds so great here...

This next one just shows how awesome The Beach Boys were live. A lot more rockin' than on the studio recording. Mostly because of the late, great Dennis Wilson on the drumz:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

B.B. also had this bionic left arm, that vibrato is unreal.

I think you need to have a certain amount of strength to play the guitar well and really like...make it sing out. I mean, guitar has become increasingly the skinny little boys instrument but when you check out really crisp players like BB and Chuck Berry and...y'know, etc, it's worth noting that they're like...pretty big hefty men, i think it takes a lot more literal physical strength play guitar than it appears. I remember when i first tried to like, play along to the ramones like....10/15 songs in a row, i was fucking knackered.

Someone once told me that the reason why a lot of the old blues guitar players had such good like...sound was cuz they were so used to playing on old knackered shit instruments that by the time they got themselves a decent bit of kit it was that much easier for em. Dunno how true that is but it makes/made a bit of sense.

I really want an old knackered Kay guitar but i'm left handed..

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj2fLxzTRbQ&feature=related

Moonie sounds like a fucking storm :o It's as loud and raucous and amped as you can get without descending into a sheer cacophonous racket. To me thats like...as wild as you can get and still hold a song together. Totally inimitable. And people wanna say there's been a drummer born that can hold a candle to Moonie. Yeah, right.

Edited by sugaraylen

I think you need to have a certain amount of strength to play the guitar well and really like...make it sing out. I mean, guitar has become increasingly the skinny little boys instrument but when you check out really crisp players like BB and Chuck Berry and...y'know, etc, it's worth noting that they're like...pretty big hefty men, i think it takes a lot more literal physical strength play guitar than it appears. I remember when i first tried to like, play along to the ramones like....10/15 songs in a row, i was fucking knackered.

and you gotta remember, this was before extra-light strings came into the market, a lot of those blues guys from that era cut their teeth on pretty heavy gauge strings, that was crucial to the tone of guitars like B.B. King's Lucille.

SRV was known for using a pretty heavy gauge as well, experimenting between .12 and .13 most times. Gave him a pretty unique sound for the era when all the super shredders were usings .09 or .08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wotUs41HTY