Axl sighting 3rd St. Santa Monica Jan 5th 2012

gunsguy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he has been mentioned to have had contacts as early as 1986? Surely there should be some pictures? (unless his eye-sight isn't that bad so he can go without them)

Yeah, he wears contact lenses since the 80's (I guess)

some pictures of Axl wearing glasses

ofrrs0.jpg

AE.jpg

Edited by Duda

There is a photo of Axl wearing glasses in 2002/2003. He was doing some shopping with Beta.

Can you show that photo to us?

Not ChrisMaciel, but I assume he is talking about this one:

87457487.jpg

And Axl has definitely been wearing contacts since the 80s, because I remember Slash (?) telling a story about how Axl freaked out because he couldn't find his contacts before an important record company meeting or something.

This is rare indeed to see him out and about. How does that person know that Axl's friend took the picture?

I hope he doesn't fade from the public eye after the successful tour. He did that last year and it was way too long. A lot of people didn't know he was touring until they saw The Eddie Trunk TMS interview. I wish he'd keep up the positive momentum this tour gave them and not just for him bout for the band also and do some more interviews talking about his views on the tour. But this is Axl we're talking about and we prob won't hear from him til HOF, sadly.

Cause the guy who posted the picture on Twitter is friends with GNR members and crew/employees. It was also him who posted the picture of Axl, Fernando and some other people sitting on the couch at Axl's home at christmas time.

Missed the Christmas picture, can anyone post it??

here it is

imagejpeg_2_9.jpg

Looks like Axl's wearing some reading glasses or prescription glasses of some sort, don't think I have ever seen him where those before? Anyone else? Anyone know who is seated on both sides of him?

It's not glasses who reflects light (maybe flashbulb?). It's his and others eyes. :)

87457487.jpg

And Axl has definitely been wearing contacts since the 80s, because I remember Slash (?) telling a story about how Axl freaked out because he couldn't find his contacts before an important record company meeting or something.

Aww they suit him! And yes, the story goes that just before they were going to go sign with Geffen Axl freaked out because he "couldn't find his contacts", everyone went about looking for them while Axl disappeared. Apparently they found the contacts under the couch (?) and when they went about to tell Axl they couldn't find him. They eventualy found him sitting on the roof of Whiskey a Go Go. Its mentioned in Steven's book (I think maybe Slash's too?) and I remember Vicky Hamilton mentioned this story in an interview somewhere too...

87457487.jpg

Aww they suit him! And yes, the story goes that just before they were going to go sign with Geffen Axl freaked out because he "couldn't find his contacts", everyone went about looking for them while Axl disappeared. Apparently they found the contacts under the couch (?) and when they went about to tell Axl they couldn't find him. They eventualy found him sitting on the roof of Whiskey a Go Go. Its mentioned in Steven's book (I think maybe Slash's too?) and I remember Vicky Hamilton mentioned this story in an interview somewhere too...

Ah yes, thank you, I forgot about the sitting on the roof of the Whisky part :lol:

I read both Slash's and Steven's books (and Duff's), plus a couple of other books on GnR, so I get confused on who said what sometimes. But you're right, both of them (plus Vicky Hamilton) have probably told that story. The whole thing must have had a lasting impression on them all :tongue2::heart:

And yeah, I think glasses suit Axl as well. He should wear some more often.

Edited by Lumikki

God

There is a photo of Axl wearing glasses in 2002/2003. He was doing some shopping with Beta.

Can you show that photo to us?

87457487.jpg

I am so glad Axl got rid of those horrible braids! lol But otherwise he looks great!

'Temper tantrum boy has only an average cock but above average sized balls. We heard he had one of his famous models (Seymour) take a dump in a kitty liter box!!! I don't know about you girls, but my pussy ain't going anywhere near a litter box.'

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=54

:confused:

I feel a little ill after glancing through that... >_>

lol doesn't seem to have high opinion about any of the Gunners apart from Izzy... go figure, its always the quiet ones it seems...

EDIT: This tread has taken a stupid turn...

Edited by KiraMPD