Kiss & Motley Crue Fall 2012 Tour

tat2d1

Eh...I'm really not big on KISS. But I'll probably end up going unless Motley has a solo headline tour over the Summer, as I try to see Motley once a year.

The Slash France Twitter is reporting Slash may open some shows for the Crue this summer. They are reporting that he will open for them June 12th in Berlin Max-Schmeling-Halle, with more dates set to come.

I was impressed by KISS a year or two ago (and I know it wasn't the real KISS, but it was the only time I saw them), but tickets were extremely reasonably priced... probably too cheap really. I had a very bad experience the one time I saw Motley Crue, plus I bet they make the price go way up, so I'll probably sit this one out. Motley Crue was probably the worst concert I've ever seen. "Shout At the Devil" was half over before I recognized that it was the song being played. I never would have thought that was possible before going to the show, but it happened. That's how poorly they played together.

If it was Carnival of Souls era KISS I'd go..

Oh how I wish that line-up stayed together. Revenge was awesome and Carnival of Souls had some cool stuff going on.

I get why they went with Tommy when Ace quit the second time but there's part of me that wishes Bruce Kulick would have received a phone call.

Saw Motley Crue with Def Leppard last month. Despite what people here say, they were one of the best live bands i've seen. (Tommy's 360 degrees drum roller was pretty awesome).

If they hit the UK, i'll definitely go see them, my friends went to see Kiss live a while ago and loved it. Been kicking myself ever since that I didn't go.

Saw Motley Crue with Def Leppard last month. Despite what people here say, they were one of the best live bands i've seen. (Tommy's 360 degrees drum roller was pretty awesome).

If they hit the UK, i'll definitely go see them, my friends went to see Kiss live a while ago and loved it. Been kicking myself ever since that I didn't go.

It's quite possible I saw them on a very off night. I have seen many other poor reviews, so maybe off night is their norm, but when they're on they're on. I don't know. I would give them a second chance if the tickets weren't too expensive and the show wasn't too far away. I think they played 11 songs when I saw them (first Cruefest), and then they spent like 10 minutes on the stupid titty cam showing the tits of a lot of fat middle aged hags... no thanks. Much rather would have had 2 more songs than Tommy running around with a camera going, "Heh, heh, heh, titty, heh, heh, titty." Like some overgrown Beavis or Butthead.

It's quite possible I saw them on a very off night. I have seen many other poor reviews, so maybe off night is their norm, but when they're on they're on. I don't know. I would give them a second chance if the tickets weren't too expensive and the show wasn't too far away. I think they played 11 songs when I saw them (first Cruefest), and then they spent like 10 minutes on the stupid titty cam showing the tits of a lot of fat middle aged hags... no thanks. Much rather would have had 2 more songs than Tommy running around with a camera going, "Heh, heh, heh, titty, heh, heh, titty." Like some overgrown Beavis or Butthead.

They're really not that great of a live band, but they do always put on a fun show. I certainly agree though that Crue Fest 1 sucked. Poor (And extremely short) setlist, boring opening bands (Other than Sixx:AM), and Titty Cam. My favorite tour I've seen so far is tied between Crue Fest 2, and the 30th Anniversary tour last Summer...both shows had some genuinely awesome surprises in the setlist.

Dr Feelgood live must be good. Do Kiss do King of the Night time world?

They opened with King of the Night Time World when I saw them in Toronto in 2009. It's not exactly what I'd call a regular in the set though so they might play it, they might not.

Probably not tho... kinda rare. Hope they still plan on playing Modern Day Delilah in this upcoming tour. Awesome song.

They're really not that great of a live band, but they do always put on a fun show. I certainly agree though that Crue Fest 1 sucked. Poor (And extremely short) setlist, boring opening bands (Other than Sixx:AM), and Titty Cam. My favorite tour I've seen so far is tied between Crue Fest 2, and the 30th Anniversary tour last Summer...both shows had some genuinely awesome surprises in the setlist.

I had a blast at Cruefest 1. :shrugs:

I still had fun, it was especially cool being at the Toronto gig that they filmed for the DVD...but it was easily my least favorite Crue show to date.

I still had fun, it was especially cool being at the Toronto gig that they filmed for the DVD...but it was easily my least favorite Crue show to date.

You were sicker than a dog too weren't you?

You were sicker than a dog too weren't you?

I was just getting over a wicked flu...and then I caught a cold when it poured at the gig (We were right outside of the pavilion). I'm sure that's part of what made it less memorable for me.