DJ Ashaba "I wrote 12 songs for new GNR album"

gnrkoncerti

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His solo spot is bad?!

?

Anybody think one minute onwards could be excerpts from the Stevie Ray Vaughn type-solo that Axl mentioned Robin did on one of the unreleased tracks?

Sounds like Robin and Frank knew what was going on there, and the addition of the key's in the background from Dizzy or Pittman.

Regariding Ashba, I do believe he's easier to work with than Robin. Tommy's comments seems to indicate this. Maybe Robin was way too serious about the band, which I think is fine, but maybe bit too stressful for a whole tour.

But one thing is for sure: I see a lot of similarities about what Ashba says to what Ron used to talk back in 2006/07. I mean, sounds like Axl is excited to show him new songs and all, but it doesnt mean he will accept the songs written by Ashba the same way that he didnt really opened too much to accept BBF songs.

His solo spot is bad?!

?

Anybody think one minute onwards could be excerpts from the Stevie Ray Vaughn type-solo that Axl mentioned Robin did on one of the unreleased tracks?

Sounds like Robin and Frank knew what was going on there, and the addition of the key's in the background from Dizzy or Pittman.

It wasnt just a jam, it was a piece written by Robin back in 2006 before the NA Tour. It was also played in 2007 with some minor changes. Its a structured song indeed and I agree, it reminds me of what Axl said about the SRV type-solo.