DJ Ashaba "I wrote 12 songs for new GNR album"

gnrkoncerti

Didn't Axl state in the TMS interview, that the "right people made 'Chinese Democracy' and the other songs we worked on"?

This suggests to me that Bucket, Robin, Brain etc will feature on some of the next album, along with newer contributions from Bumble, DJ and Frank.

Whether we see a new record in 2012, will of course depend on how quickly Axl gets into the vibe to finish what recording and mixing still needs to be done, as well as resolving any issues still outstanding with the label.

Time will tell, but fingers crossed for a release sooner rather than later!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is always great news, but im still a supporter of the other CD era material being released maybe preferably first, or at least as long as we eventually get it all. I just dont want that mystical material to get forgotten about.

If it's truly great like I think it is, Axl will use the Bucket/Robin songs and guitar parts imo.

Knife Chase: Robin did manage to convince Axl to release This I Love, a song that he had no interest in releasing, and that many people including me love, so I wouldn't say he didn't have a certain influence on Axl as well, like you say DJ has. (not denying that)

who the fuck does this guy think he is

The lead guitar player for Guns N' Roses...cut the mullet and get over it.

This is great news and any GNR fan that doesn't think the same.... well.....

We all know there was more music written for CD than what made it on to the album, songs Axl actually wrote/co wrote. As GNR fans I would think we would be way more interested in hearing those songs than what the newest guitar player from Sixx AM whipped up. "HEY GUISE I WROTE THE NEXT RECORD" How could Axl hate Slash for that but let DJ waltz in and take creative control?

We all know there was more music written for CD than what made it on to the album, songs Axl actually wrote/co wrote. As GNR fans I would think we would be way more interested in hearing those songs than what the newest guitar player from Sixx AM whipped up. "HEY GUISE I WROTE THE NEXT RECORD" How could Axl hate Slash for that but let DJ waltz in and take creative control?

Just because Axl said he liked them doesn't mean they will be on the record.

He's wrote a lot of mainstream orientated stuff which will bring him money and generic fans on one side of his plate. Most good musicians aren't limited to the tedious structures and repetitions of mainstream rock though, they think outside the box and work their asses off. DJ has his own solo work and can make his mark on Guns material and bring it live as well as have killer solo sections and Axl Rose sees a lot in him, most importantly. So it will be fascinating to see what Ashba can create with a Guns N' Roses vibe.

Edited by RandallFlagg

It's exciting if true that a new record is now the focus. I have a hard time believing that, though, judging from Guns N' Roses history in the last decade and a half.

But DJ Ashba ... I have ZERO hope the guy can write a killer Gn'R track. Nothing I've heard from him has been any good. Not even a little bit.

They say you can't shine shit. And if it's true he's writing

Gn'R material, then I guess we'll have to see if Axl can make that dung sparkly.

No need to be a prick - how many award-winning albums have you written and played on? Please let me know if they are available on itunes so i can listen to them and judge you...

How am I being a prick? I personally feel everything I heard from Ashba has been generic or drivel. What does it matter how many award-winning albums I've played on? (Answer: none.) That is such a stupid argument to make. You are by extension saying no one can critique a film, a television show, or a band, ever, unless they've won a slew of awards. You're better than that.

anyone manage to get to the link before it collapsed?

yes i did its legit he said that he didnt want to give any false hope but the new gnr album is their main priority he said he has written over 10 songs he said he thinks about 12 and axl has a shitload of material and he sits in his hotel room and plays dj hours of it

Seriously what other group ever says they're wrokign on an album and then doesn't want to "get people's hopes up"? ALL other groups can finish an album in less than a year.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So the blind derision for DJ DOES have its roots in simplistic Slashlove.

People are looking too far into this. I'm sure all the guys have written potential songs for Guns N' Roses. It doesn't mean it'll be only those songs and only those guys contributing to the project. DJ has said many times since he joined that he's always writing new material. In this case he means he's got around 12 songs written for a potential future Guns album. Doesn't mean Axl and the other guys won't have any input at all. Everyone will probably write or co-write songs with one another. Take KISS for example. Gene and Paul might each bring in 20 songs but they have to cut down, pick and choose, and ultimately contribute to what later becomes the finished product.

It's exciting if true that a new record is now the focus. I have a hard time believing that, though, judging from Guns N' Roses history in the last decade and a half.

But DJ Ashba ... I have ZERO hope the guy can write a killer Gn'R track. Nothing I've heard from him has been any good. Not even a little bit.

They say you can't shine shit. And if it's true he's writing

Gn'R material, then I guess we'll have to see if Axl can make that dung sparkly.

No need to be a prick - how many award-winning albums have you written and played on? Please let me know if they are available on itunes so i can listen to them and judge you...

How am I being a prick? I personally feel everything I heard from Ashba has been generic or drivel. What does it matter how many award-winning albums I've played on? (Answer: none.) That is such a stupid argument to make. You are by extension saying no one can critique a film, a television show, or a band, ever, unless they've won a slew of awards. You're better than that.

Everything I've heard from Velvet Revolver has been super generic paint-by-numbers rock........and people loved them. So what's the point?

DJ doesn't have to write the next great legendary rock song. Give us some music we can stick in the IPOD or on the car stereo to blast while driving. The songs don't have to change music history - just give us something to enjoy.

Slash fans be jealous of DJ Ashba.

+1

DJ is a lot cooler, smarter, better looking, better guitar player, better web designer, better producer, the list goes on and on and on and on. He's a fuckin' entrepreneur.

it's like comparing a K-Car to a Corvette.

:rofl-lol: and then you wake up :tongue2:

Edited by moreblack

So what's the point?

DJ doesn't have to write the next great legendary rock song. Give us some music we can stick in the IPOD or on the car stereo to blast while driving. The songs don't have to change music history - just give us something to enjoy.

I agree with you, but I don't know if Axl will. It's pretty clear he's not interested in making rock music. And so the next album has to be even more excessive and epic and layered. But if DJ can bring him back to the land of hooky hard rock, I'll be shocked.

Slash fans be jealous of DJ Ashba.

+1

DJ is a lot cooler, smarter, better looking, better guitar player, better web designer, better producer, the list goes on and on and on and on. He's a fuckin' entrepreneur.

it's like comparing a K-Car to a Corvette.

He's a bussinessman who uses G N' R for his image.