Dj ASHBA "Alot of exciting plans for GN'R (...) this year!!"

bumblecool

I wasn't around at the time and maybe (probably) they would have been just as successful.

The point is that's irrelevant. It's not like they were Teddy Zig Zag, they played on the songs. Like the guy said a few posts back you might as well just induct Slash, Axl and Izzy and that would be silly. Mind you I think Duff was really important as well (he brought It's So Easy, helped write some lyrics, the bass in Sweet Child is great, I think he brought a lot of the energy to the record as well. I'm rambling now :monkey: )

They definitely would have been just as successful without out them. The post above yours shows why I think that Steven and Duff should be in.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as though you have a problem with the definition of "facts." An alternate reality is not a "fact." It is something you made up in your head.

In real reality they were members of the most successful band during the most successful period of their careers. Since there is no such thing as "alternate reality" most people tend to reference real reality.

I know they were members. Appetite sold way more than the Illusions. All I can say is that if you don't see that they were the biggest thing going in the world before the Illusions, you weren't there. They could have had any keyboardist and drummer in the world and it wouldn't have mattered. The actual history of their success backs up my claims of fact on my alternate reality. You can think I'm delusional if you wish, I don't see how anyone that remembers the time would disagree with me though.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Mind you I think Duff was really important as well (he brought It's So Easy, helped write some lyrics, the bass in Sweet Child is great, I think he brought a lot of the energy to the record as well. I'm rambling now :monkey: )

My knowledge of Duff's contributions isn't enormous which is why I said maybe he could have been left out. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up I just always saw Axl, Slash and Izzy as being those who made the most significant contributions during the Appetite days.

I think it's hard to tell on Appetite because I always got the vibe they were all together creating various parts. For example the Paradise City chorus or bit of Nightrain. Who knows, Duff might have been the main suggester of lines in that drunken jam they were doing when it was written. I don't think you're wrong to say his contributions weren't enormous in comparison but I do think they're important. Hell, It's So Easy alone sets the more punk and grimy vibe of the album after the more single-like (but still dirty) WTTJ.

+1