Just asking..

Saphyra

I just got my 6 Guns N' Roses albums which I bought through ebay two weaks ago..(AFD; Lies; UYI I n' II; TSI?; CD) and I'm so happy that I'm goin' mad. My family are already angry of noise which I'm making at home. I've a question.. Am I wacky? :rofl-lol::heart:rock3:lol:

Edited by Saphyra

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the feeling when you get a band's whole discography, or at least a lot of their albums, it's awesome :)

You can just lay them out like a timeline. I don't know, there's something special about having everything as opposed to a couple. My only problem is that I have them all on CD but just Appetite on vinyl.

I'm gonna buy AFD on vinil too. ;D An' I'm so excited! :rolleyes:

No, rock on! You just got them? How old ru!?

Thanks ;] Well.. I'm 17 years old. Old enough to understand what I'm doing but young enough to enjoy every moment in my fuckin' life! :lol:

A young gunner, I like it!

;] Thanks to my family. They don't like specifically Guns but they listens to a classic rock so I grew up with great taste of music. I'm fan of Guns N' Roses since I first heard 'em till my death. But it's really hard to find congenial friends in circle of young people. Nowadays they listens to Lady Poop and Justin.. Oh.. I don't want to write his name here... <_< And that's why I'm very happy about this forum. :)

Edited by Saphyra

Thanks ;] Well.. I'm 17 years old. Old enough to understand what I'm doing but young enough to enjoy every moment in my fuckin' life! :lol:

no offense but if you are 17, you likely don't know what you are doing. im 30 and i don't. the older you get the more you know...you don't know.

Wow I just remembered buying my first GnR record... UYI2 on tape, I think it cost my mam 9.99 I'd say it was back in 95 or so.

I can honestly remember going home that day poping the old tape into a single deck portable Sanyo and lying up on my garage roof with pretty tied up opening riffs pumping.

Great memory's !!!!

In fact I lie, my parents had to listen to the tape before I did.... Which makes me think what the fuck did they think of get in the ring!!! Ha ha

I just got my 6 Guns N' Roses albums which I bought through two weaks ago..(AFD; Lies; UYI I n' II; TSI?; CD) and I'm so happy that I'm goin' mad. My family are already angry of noise which I'm making at home. I've a question.. Am I wacky? :rofl-lol::heart:rock3:lol:

Listening to all of them for the first time (?) wich one do you like best? Favourite songs that stand out to you, aside fromt the hits like Sweet Child?

I just got my 6 Guns N' Roses albums which I bought through two weaks ago..(AFD; Lies; UYI I n' II; TSI?; CD) and I'm so happy that I'm goin' mad. My family are already angry of noise which I'm making at home. I've a question.. Am I wacky? :rofl-lol::heart:rock3:lol:

yes

Does anyone have a problem playing AFD and Lies in the car? It has no problem playing other CDs

from what I understand, most cars don't like those 2 albums, so they wont usually play them.

no offense but if you are 17, you likely don't know what you are doing. im 30 and i don't. the older you get the more you know...you don't know.

Speak for yourself. <_<

Listening to all of them for the first time (?) wich one do you like best? Favourite songs that stand out to you, aside fromt the hits like Sweet Child?

I can't remember exactly which one I liked the best.. I think the same about AFD, Lies and both UYI. And first when CD came out I was afraid to listen to it becouse I saw lots of negative comments 'bout it. But when I finally listened to whole album I realized that all those Fkrs who said something bad about DC were just "Slash bitches" and simple haters..(In My Humble Opinion, I don't want to offend someone) I just love it! Since then I don't pay attention what people are saying. :ph34r:

Now about "TSI?".. At first I thought it was strange album only with few songs that I liked. But now I appreciate it like all other GN'R albums.

Favourite songs that stand out to me without hits like WTTJ or SCOM? Hard to say becouse there're too many of 'em.. But I'll try.

Appetite For Destruction: Nightrain, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, My Michelle, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, It's So Easy, You're Crazy and I think Think About You.

G N' R Lies: Nice Boys, Patience, You're Crazy, One In A Million, Move To The City, Mama Kin,, Used To Love Her n' Reckless Life

Use Your Illusion(God, how I love this word :D ): November Rain(but it's hit, right?), Coma, Bad Apples, Bad Obsession...

OK. NOW I'M TIRED OF WRITING ALL THE NAMES OF SONGS I LIKE. Why don't you just turn on any album/any song of Guns N' Roses and you will find out what "stands out for me".

And NO. I'm not lying 'bout it 'cause I'm "Just A Little Silly Girl and Blah Blah" <_<

leave the young gunner aloneeeeee

Thank you for support ;)

I think its great that younger fans are going out and buying all the albums :thumbsup:

The problem with growing up and listening to classic rock thinking you have great taste in music is it seriously limits your musical taste. I find a lot of people think there's only two types of music; whatever is popular at the time and classic rock. If you pick either extreme your taste is fucked.

Just sayin'

I'm not saying that "good taste of music" are comprised just of classic rock but it's Guns N' Roses forum so I mentioned this genre of music. I just don't have time and mood to dispute with you about it right now. Thank you for your opinion.

Edited by Saphyra

yes

Ok. First of all, you say "yes" in good or bad meaning? And I'd like to hear(read) your arguments. :)

20 here.

I remember when I first got a copy of AFD (well... acctually it was my older brother that bought it...). I must have been about 8-9 years old and before that the only way I could hear GnR songs was on my brother's mix cassette, the radio or on MTV. I was so psyched to have the CD version in my hands that I went totally crazy listening to it and going through the liner notes, again and again! It blew my mind back then to be able to study the cover art(s) and pictures properly for once... ah good times... :lol:

I recently had to get another copy of ChiDem because the CD got damaged. I ended up buying a second hand copy cuz they weren't available at HMV but when I ended up putting it on my computer I noticed that it was apparently from a [Limited Collectors Box] set. Now I don't know what that means really cuz I don't remember there being a box set back when it was released? At least I get a different album art on my comp so I guess that's good...?

Anyway, still gonna order in a 'new' copy from HMV sometime in the future.

Edited by KiraMPD