Just asking..

Saphyra

Favourite songs that stand out to me without hits like WTTJ or SCOM? Hard to say becouse there're too many of 'em.. But I'll try.

Appetite For Destruction: Nightrain, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, My Michelle, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, It's So Easy, You're Crazy and I think Think About You.

G N' R Lies: Nice Boys, Patience, You're Crazy, One In A Million, Move To The City, Mama Kin,, Used To Love Her n' Reckless Life

If I may make a suggestion: Since the songs underlined above are two of your favorites, eventually you'll want to buy this:

168738.jpg

It has the demo version and two remixed versions of Reckless Life & Anything Goes, and also three versions of three other songs that aren't included in the six albums you just bought. And the insert has a really cool story about where the original members of GNR came from and how they got together to form a Hall of Fame band B)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my 6 Guns N' Roses albums which I bought through two weaks ago..(AFD; Lies; UYI I n' II; TSI?; CD) and I'm so happy that I'm goin' mad. My family are already angry of noise which I'm making at home. I've a question.. Am I wacky? :rofl-lol::heart:rock3:lol:

Not wacky at all. Congrats and enjoy all that awesome music! rock3

The problem with growing up and listening to classic rock thinking you have great taste in music is it seriously limits your musical taste. I find a lot of people think there's only two types of music; whatever is popular at the time and classic rock. If you pick either extreme your taste is fucked.

Just sayin'

/stickinthemud

This is pretty true. You get a lot of elitists, too, who think classic rock only is real music. I grew up on classic rock, and it took a country singer to pull me out of my close-minded slump.

@Saphyra: You listed every song from AFD and Lies. :P Nice to see a Bad Apples fan, though. Underrated tune. Everybody either doesn't give a shit about it or ranks it with My World, it seems.

Im 29, started listening to GNR when I was 12. UYL 1&2 were the first CD's I owned. I remember I got them for Christmas from my aunt. After two days my dad snatched the CD's from me (hes really old school and despises everything Guns and/or Slash) and started to highlight all the lyrics that he didnt like. I threw a fit, but two days later he gave them back to me. I guess my aunt talked some sense into him! lol

Favourite songs that stand out to me without hits like WTTJ or SCOM? Hard to say becouse there're too many of 'em.. But I'll try.

Appetite For Destruction: Nightrain, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, My Michelle, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, It's So Easy, You're Crazy and I think Think About You.

G N' R Lies: Nice Boys, Patience, You're Crazy, One In A Million, Move To The City, Mama Kin,, Used To Love Her n' Reckless Life

If I may make a suggestion: Since the songs underlined above are two of your favorites, eventually you'll want to buy this:

168738.jpg

It has the demo version and two remixed versions of Reckless Life & Anything Goes, and also three versions of three other songs that aren't included in the six albums you just bought. And the insert has a really cool story about where the original members of GNR came from and how they got together to form a Hall of Fame band B)

I can't see what you're suggesting :/ No photo or link here. :question:

Not wacky at all. Congrats and enjoy all that awesome music! rock3

:rofl-lol: Thanks!

@Saphyra: You listed every song from AFD and Lies. :P Nice to see a Bad Apples fan, though. Underrated tune. Everybody either doesn't give a shit about it or ranks it with My World, it seems.

Well yeah. I like all of them very very much. But not only AFD and Lies :P I just don't have mood to write here ALL the songs I like :sleeper: Becouse I like ALL OF THEM. Even unpopular My World

Im 29, started listening to GNR when I was 12. UYL 1&2 were the first CD's I owned. I remember I got them for Christmas from my aunt. After two days my dad snatched the CD's from me (hes really old school and despises everything Guns and/or Slash) and started to highlight all the lyrics that he didnt like. I threw a fit, but two days later he gave them back to me. I guess my aunt talked some sense into him! lol

My parents're goin' mad about it too. And they know that they cannot take those CDs from me. But it's their problem..

Does anyone have a problem playing AFD and Lies in the car? It has no problem playing other CDs

buy a new cd player

On a budget.

Burn copies of them, or make a mix. That's what I do for all the CDs I keep in my SUV.

It comes in handy when your vehicle gets stolen and torched to a crisp. At least I didn't lose my Guns N' Roses albums!

I just got my 6 Guns N' Roses albums which I bought through two weaks ago..(AFD; Lies; UYI I n' II; TSI?; CD) and I'm so happy that I'm goin' mad. My family are already angry of noise which I'm making at home. I've a question.. Am I wacky? :rofl-lol::heart:rock3:lol:

It's always cool to get all the CDs from the band you fuckin' love. Keep that noise. :thumbsup:

On a side note, there's a long way until I consider CD as a Gn'R record but I like some of the songs.

Does anyone have a problem playing AFD and Lies in the car? It has no problem playing other CDs

buy a new cd player

On a budget.

Burn copies of them, or make a mix. That's what I do for all the CDs I keep in my SUV.

It comes in handy when your vehicle gets stolen and torched to a crisp. At least I didn't lose my Guns N' Roses albums!

Genius. I have done that before but it sounded strange to me

Amazing how a list can be so different.

Chinese Democracy/Appetite For Destruction

Use Your Illusion 2

Use Your Illusion 1

Lies

--drop in quality--

"The Spaghetti Incident?"

Top 5 are fantastic quality, TSI? is, like, good to great quality, just not near perfection like it's predecessors.

TIS? Is the only GN'R album I can't sit through.

TSI has some great stuff on it, though. Human Being, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather, Hair of the Dog, Buick MacKane, Attitude, and New Rose are really fun to listen to.

On the other hand, one of the only songs I can't sit through by GN'R is Since I Don't Have You. I have more play counts on My World.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

168738.jpg

I can't see what you're suggesting :/ No photo or link here. :question:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QZXD58/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/184-8791515-0224210?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=1X7PRFWSA82KZ4WB9Z02&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B00022LJBA

It's the "Hollywood Rose: The Roots of Guns 'N Roses" album, not sure why the image of the album cover was removed :unsure: It's an officially released album, not a bootleg.

I am 37 been a fan ever since I saw WTTJ video and bought AFD the next day and have been hooked ever since!!!

So I guess that makes more or an old timer, but who gives a shit what main stream thinks as long as GNR in any form makes new music and tours.

GnR albums there all good in my book!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QZXD58/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/184-8791515-0224210?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=1X7PRFWSA82KZ4WB9Z02&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B00022LJBA

It's the "Hollywood Rose: The Roots of Guns 'N Roses" album, not sure why the image of the album cover was removed :unsure: It's an officially released album, not a bootleg.

Oh.. This one.. :) I know 'bout it and I wanted to buy with all other albums but I'm just running out of money right now. You know.. I'm just 17years old teen without a job :unsure: But someday.. :rolleyes:

I dont even bother ranking GNR albums. I love them all. Theres songs on TSI that I like more than some on AFD, some on CD I like more than some on UYI...I love them all equally, like a father loves his children. Sometimes they make mistakes ...(My World..) but that's expected with kids.

I bought the whole catalog at once. It was great. :thumbsup:

What composition of that catalog?

I dont even bother ranking GNR albums. I love them all. Theres songs on TSI that I like more than some on AFD, some on CD I like more than some on UYI...I love them all equally, like a father loves his children. Sometimes they make mistakes ...(My World..) but that's expected with kids.

:thumbsup: Hmm.. I kinda like My World.. It's not greatest hit of al times but interesting song.. :rolleyes:

I fell asleep with my iPod on shuffle. All of a sudden, I bolted upright and started sweating. Apparently, My World had come on, and it scared the shit out of me in my sleep. :lol:

Anyway, My World makes me smile usually. I showed it to my cousin and she asked, "Who's that?" I said Guns N' Roses. She laughed and said, "No seriously, who the heck is that?"