If ACDC were to return the favour of a GnR cover ???

DownUnderScott

As we all know GnR like to play the odd ACDC song or two. My question is what song would sound good if ACDC were to return the gesture and play a Guns N Roses song in their live set ?

I reckon maybe a mid-tempo number such as the Lies version of 'Your'e crazy', or maybe 'Dust N' Bones' or 'Better' perhaps. What do you think ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great :thumbsup:

A suggestion then Gunsguy ?

mr. brownstone

Don't ask me why lol

Ha - I was also thinking that. Put their own spin on it of course.

Powerage - I know it would be a stretch as the bands, and vocals, have differing sounds etc... Although strangely I could think of heaps of ACDC songs that Axl would be awesome singing - the other way around might be more of a challenge for Brian Johnson.

I just think that doing ACDC covers is like mini-promotion for them, so it would be cool Rock etiquette to return the favour :)

That would be great :thumbsup:

A suggestion then Gunsguy ?

mr. brownstone

Don't ask me why lol

Ha - I was also thinking that. Put their own spin on it of course.

Powerage - I know it would be a stretch as the bands, and vocals, have differing sounds etc... Although strangely I could think of heaps of ACDC songs that Axl would be awesome singing - the other way around might be more of a challenge for Brian Johnson.

I just think that doing ACDC covers is like mini-promotion for them, so it would be cool Rock etiquette to return the favour :)

I can see where you're coming from, and it's a cool topic; I'm interested to see what people come up with.

I think part of my inability to think something up that AC/DC could put a cool spin on is their resistance to doing covers to begin with; they've only released 2 covers in their career and only played a handful more live, all of which have no circulating recordings or only a very poor recording. All of these were very traditional 50s/60s rock n' roll songs, and the "edgiest" song I know of them doing off-hand is Free's All Right Now. When I'm thinking about how a cover would suit a band, I think about how that band has handled other covers, not how they handle their own material or what would fit their style.

Edited by Powerage5