Andy Wangs take on Axl

Carlos Castaneda

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, his last name is Wang! That's hilarious.

Well that's a dick thing to say :P

Hey, don't be such a cock!

They tried to reach him for comment, but he was no where to be found.

And then Axl went to a golden globe party and mingled, suddenly destroying your premise forever that he was some kind of recluse.

Something in human nature,some flaw,seems to make them more comfortable when they can label and pigeonhole people.

God forbid someone refuse to comply with this urgent need. ;)

And then Axl went to a golden globe party and mingled, suddenly destroying your premise forever that he was some kind of recluse.

It wasnt my premise. Dude you have a fucking heart of doom. Who fucked you up popcorn? You should share with the group . Iam positive your story would be a tale for the ages, but alas, grow up.

There’s a reason why geniuses like J.D. Salinger and Axl Rose turned into recluses. It’s not that they couldn’t deal with the pressures of fame. It’s that they were singularly extraordinary, and they quickly realized that the rest of the world is stupid.

Salinger had his circle of friends in Cornish NH that protected his privacy. He wasn't a recluse. Same with Harper Lee. Most writers are pretty solitary by nature.

But Axl did make Life's photo gallery of famous recluses.

http://www.life.com/gallery/39122/image/3438562/out-of-sight-famous-recluses#index/0

To Dredge up deep emotions,shape them into music,does take some soul-searching and introspection,you can't be Mr.Popularity 24-7,or you end up writing crap like nickleback.

+1

It breaks my heart that Jerry Cantrell likes them as much as he does...

Edited by GnRDuff1

To Dredge up deep emotions,shape them into music,does take some soul-searching and introspection,you can't be Mr.Popularity 24-7,or you end up writing crap like nickleback.

+1

It breaks my heart that Jerry Cantrell likes them as much as he does...

Truly can't understand that fascination,Love Cantrell's lyrics and am definately an AIC fan,Nickleback is shallow and forgettable imo.

But I still break out WASP and ELO,so maybe I'm the retard :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

Axl Rose wasn't a recluse so what the fuck are they talking about? :lol: Celebrities and their fans have this thing where like, if someones famous and they don't have a camera stuck in their arse 24/7 it makes them a recluse. It's like all them celebrities go "oh no, i can't escape my fame, i can't escape my fame" but the fact is you can, very easily, all you've got to do is not court it, many, like Axl, have done it and when they do they're called reclusive but i don't think it really qualifies. Johnny Depp is a good example of someone that, when he wants to be about town, he's about town and when he don't you don't see him but that don't mean he's at home with the doors barricaded.

Same with loads and loads of hugely famous people.

Axl Rose wasn't a recluse so what the fuck are they talking about? :lol: Celebrities and their fans have this thing where like, if someones famous and they don't have a camera stuck in their arse 24/7 it makes them a recluse. It's like all them celebrities go "oh no, i can't escape my fame, i can't escape my fame" but the fact is you can, very easily, all you've got to do is not court it, many, like Axl, have done it and when they do they're called reclusive but i don't think it really qualifies. Johnny Depp is a good example of someone that, when he wants to be about town, he's about town and when he don't you don't see him but that don't mean he's at home with the doors barricaded.

Same with loads and loads of hugely famous people.

Yes,the ones that want to be seen know where to go,same with those that don't need the constant spotlight.

It is possible to fly under the radar.