Andy Wangs take on Axl

Carlos Castaneda

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was intriguing until you dropped your facade and mentioned hairstyle.

It is not my article, and yeah that was a shitty remark.

I personally see eminem as controversial at one point,but nowhere close to GNR/AR when it comes to the full package ie:composing,writing,performing,image,icon.

Example,I like S.Bach and he has a phenominal voice and range,but lacks the writing/composing skills.

To singlehandedly redefine what a frontman is,is quite an accomplishment,the talent and charisma can't be denied,and the unpredictable temperment adds to it.

You can't lump all people with reclusive tendancies into the same category,down time is essential to the production of creation.

I personally see eminem as controversial at one point,but nowhere close to GNR/AR when it comes to the full package ie:composing,writing,performing,image,icon.

Example,I like S.Bach and he has a phenominal voice and range,but lacks the writing/composing skills.

To singlehandedly redefine what a frontman is,is quite an accomplishment,the talent and charisma can't be denied,and the unpredictable temperment adds to it.

You can't lump all people with reclusive tendancies into the same category,down time is essential to the production of creation.

I believe Eminem and Axl are very similar. And Axl is the best frontman of all-time with Bono being 1A.

I believe Eminem and Axl are very similar. And Axl is the best frontman of all-time with Bono being 1A.

Nope,can't agree with the eminem comparison,and Id pick Freddie Mercury over Bono.

OK, I was just asking. I don't know shit about Eminem. He's white, he raps, he's famous. That's about the extent of my knowledge. Axl has two of those three things in common.

Sorry to be short with you,the information is out there should you be curious enough to seek it out and inform yourself.

I won’t bother to claim I’m an expert on any of these things, but it’s rather suspect to claim Axl Rose was a veritable genius, particularly when Wang goes on to praise Eminem in one of the only parallels I can get behind: Eminem is a misogynistic wife-beater (“Sit down bitch, you move again I’ll beat the shit out of you!“), Rose hates immigrants, homosexuals, and black people (“Immigrants and persons / They make no sense to me“). Maybe they should collab? But for what is essentially two angry white boys on an extended rant, this is not the first time I’ve now heard them both referred to as smarter than the average bear. Just what exactly is the science behind taste and will there ever be a universal standard (I hope not, that would make things pretty boring)? Also, J.D. Salinger is the type of guy who has become a hero to the disenfranchised, emotional high schooler, yet constantly peppers his tales with themes of religion, God, and Eastern mysticism. Eminem and Rose welcome listeners to the mean streets of Detroit and the jungle (a.k.a., the mean streets of L.A.). I’m not one to pigeon-hole (I’m fully aware of the other “masterpieces” created by said artists), but clearly, I am missing something here.

I have no doubt that all three in question probably believe they are simply phenomenal human beings of intellect and wisdom (when I think Axl Rose, I do not think “humility”), but what’s more accurate: the way you conceive yourself, or the way others conceive you? Are Axl Rose and Eminen genuine masters of the craft (musically; I won’t get into Rose’s approval of a music video where a man becomes so distraught at rainfall, he dives into a wedding cake)? If not, what makes a musical genius? Should one or two controversial works have the power to shatter a lifetime of achievement? And if Rose is so smart, how come he can’t sport a flattering hair style?

Ahh... a collaboration between Eminem and Rose would be an impossible dream come true... :wub:

Uh... just my two cents. Sorry! Please continue...

<--- Ahem.

ETA: I love Eminem. I'd love a collaboration. I'd be absolutely elated.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

otr

And then Axl went to a golden globe party and mingled, suddenly destroying your premise forever that he was some kind of recluse.

It wasnt my premise. Dude you have a fucking heart of doom. Who fucked you up popcorn? You should share with the group . Iam positive your story would be a tale for the ages, but alas, grow up.

Dude it's not all about you. My post was spoken in general. I did read the topic title after all.

You're just mad Axl went to read comic books in public a few weeks ago, and there's photographic evidence of it.

Now if you had a real pair, you wouldn't post under an alt account. Oh I get it, you were banned... for spam I'm guessing?

Hi, my name is popcorn and I read andy wang's spam on mygnr.

:lol: priceless popcorn,keep on slaughtering the terminally stupid insignificunts :thumbsup:

Slaughtered? Sure. The terminally stupid insignificunts, is that a self portrait of you? Thumbs up? What the fuck ever. The thing that stuck out to me in the quote was "singularly extraordinary". It was the SOLE reason I posted the quote, but not a single person on here even pointed it out. No, it was dick references and people harping on about the word recluse, which personally I have never used to describe Axl. Mad because Axl read a comic book in public? Who would get angry over that? Oh yeah, you. Someone who finds a reason to wake up pissed. And popcorn, my computer crashed and I lost my last password, so that is the reason why I have a new name. I dont even know what spamming this forum would entail. As far as a having a pair of balls, this is an internet forum and requires absolutly no courage to come here and say anything, which you prove with every post. I know you are one of those misguided Axl wannabes, so save your little petty rants for someone else man. I come here for one reason , because I believe Axl is singularly extraordinary , but that can rarely be shared here because this place is a cesspool of bad energies. No wonder Axl wanted this fucking place razed.

If you really believe this place is a cesspool of bad energies, then why are you here again? Oh right, because you must be a negative kind of person who relishes bad energies. Let me guess, you still visit the forum for a band you've done nothing but criticize for fifteen years.

Stop leveling that same tired, untrue accusation that Axl is a "recluse" because he doesn't go on Celebrity Big Brother or perform with the Black Eyed Peas. I'm glad you posted that he was singularly exceptional, but we already knew that much!

we throw the word genius around way too much.

Genius is something or someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight.

AFD and Illusions are my favorite albums, Axl my favorite singer but there is nothing in there that wasn't done prior to their arrival.

Genius to me (from a music standpoint) is a person or group that changes the way we look at music.

How many musicians are there out there that fit that criteria? not very damn many.

...something or someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight.

Axl.

I'd cite Lennon as an example of genius.

I sped-read through the book "kill your idols" in which Wang's article appears.

It's basically a collection of badly written essays by some cretins that have no real knowledge or appreciation of some of the Classics,they berate Stones,Dylan,P.F.,and The Beatles,to name a few.

Imo,this book is pure,putrid,unadulterated,shit written by people who will apparently say anything to get published,and are bitter and negative,like some chromasome damaged Mick Wall clones.

Don't waste your time or money.