RS"Readers' Poll: Which Singer Has the Most Unique Voice? "

Duda

Guest Len B'stard
Right. Because Slash was the one that put the band together.

Maybe it just means the frontman of the band he wanted to be in, 'found his frontman'. Pedantic motherfucker. Honestly, half of this fuckin Ax/Slash beef is like, imagined by the fanboys.

On topic:

Johnny Rotten should top this list. Totally unique and unprescedented singing voice.

I thought that the only morons in existence that didn't know that it was Axl's band were members of this forum. Guess I was wrong.

HA! God loves morons,he created so many of em'

Band was named for Tracii Guns and A.Rose,it was a combination of LA guns and Hollywood Roses,Slash and Steven replaced Tracii and Rob Gardner when Duff arranged a Seattle gig,and they wouldn't go.

Tom Waits earned his spot.

Agreed and so did Dylan.

"When Slash realized the superhuman voice was actually legit, he knew he had found his frontman."

Right. Because Slash was the one that put the band together. :rolleyes:

If they never took that trip to Seattle, would GNR have fallen apart before they even had a record contract?

Who knows, but Axl didn't join Slash's band, like this article seems to be misleading to.

I just noticed that. Slash saw Axl sing in Hollywood Rose and was impressed and ended up replacing Tracii in Guns N' Roses. The only original members at that point were Axl and Izzy so as far as I am concerned it was Axl and Izzy's band, not Slash.

Duff got together with Axl and Izzy and it was Duff who asked Slash and Steven if they wanted to join Guns N' Roses, that's what it says in Duff's book anyways.

How much do you know about early guns lore?

So Duff is lying?

Just asking. Duff may be telling the truth, but we tend to get different stories from all the band members. Oh vh1 behind the music Steven said that he and Slash saw Axl and Izzy in Hollywood Rose and said "we need to get that singer and guitar player"

In one interview with original guitarist Tracii Guns, Duff was already in the band and Duff was never in Hollywood Rose. I am going with Duff's story over Steven's..

Yep, Duff is the one I believe as well.

this came out of "Slash had found his frontman"??

that doesn't even mean that he got Axl to join his band, he just found the right guy to front himself, no matter who joins which band.. I remember reading that Slash kept popping up everywhere Axl went after Tracii left so it just kinda happened. He just knew he wanted that frontman, not that he'd join his band or whatever

stop reading so much into every line written

Does it really matter who's band who joined? When they started playing shows and released AFD it became THEIR band, not any one or two individual's band. The "chicken or the egg" argument really became irrelevant when the right people came together and made music.

Does it really matter who's band who joined? When they started playing shows and released AFD it became THEIR band, not any one or two individual's band. The "chicken or the egg" argument really became irrelevant when the right people came together and made music.

+1 Who joined whose band is completely irrelevant.

Bingo.