Guns N Roses to rehearse new songs from the upcoming album

Guest Gunns

Semantics, anyone?

"Likely" and "rehearse."

So it's the rehearsals we need to sneak into.

Operation dolphin ninja starts nao.

I'll have my semantics with a side order of sarcasm please.

Operation Double-Secret-dolphin-ninja starts now,everyone circumcise their watches :huh:

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete.

What is this based on? It seems like it was just added out of thin air to hype the show.

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete.

What is this based on? It seems like it was just added out of thin air to hype the show.

It seems rather specific (and easily refutable) to just make up. One would have to assume that somebody in the GNR camp said this to the promoter.

Who knows?

A couple of problems....

1. This is not an Axl quote

2. This is an obvious attempt to sell tickets to a show

That won't sell many tickets.

3. Several of the bigger shows last year were supposed to have BIG surprises.

4. Even band members hint at stuff that dosnt seem to happen.

5. Axl doesn't reherse with the band anyways.

I love this band but I'm not optimistic about new music and won't be until I hear a song live or a new record is in the store.

Yes,You know that GNR won't sell many tickets....Fuck you dick head

I hope those new songs include Going Down again.

I think he means that it's a rehearsal gig for the Tour where they play new songs; sort of like Hammerstein.

That's the obvious assumption. They wouldn't rehearse new songs to record in Ireland if they can do it just fine in LA or wherever in US.

Also, I don't really believe they rehearse anything as a band before recording nowadays. The very first demo can still be used as the final product (as long as the take is good) with the technology we have.

I would like to see the band put in 2 new songs into the setlist (new version of Oh My God could be one of them). They don't have to be staples in the setlist like Jungle, but something they'd play reasonably regularly throughout the tour. Of course that means ditching one or two songs from the setlist now. Riff Raff/Rosie would be my first choice- I like the covers- but I'd prefer to lose them over an actual GNR song. After that, I'd ditch Better. Never thought it was that amazing live and recently Axl has been pretty mediocre performing it. This I Love, Sorry, Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams should remain as the Chinese Democracy era staples in the setlist. Madagascar/Better/Shacklers can be used as setlist options.

A couple of problems....

1. This is not an Axl quote

2. This is an obvious attempt to sell tickets to a show

That won't sell many tickets.

3. Several of the bigger shows last year were supposed to have BIG surprises.

4. Even band members hint at stuff that dosnt seem to happen.

5. Axl doesn't reherse with the band anyways.

I love this band but I'm not optimistic about new music and won't be until I hear a song live or a new record is in the store.

Yes,You know that GNR won't sell many tickets....Fuck you dick head

Whoa, whoa , whoa, settle yourself sugar britches, just an observation. Do you think that this show will sell well due to what happend last time? If so, why?

I love the new band and they were beyond awesome when I saw them, but, IMO, this is just common sense. :shrugs:

Why so sensitive? Are you perhaps a member of the Axl Rose Forum police force? If so, IM FUCKIN INNOCENT, SO YOU CAN SUCK MEEEEEEE!

Another leg of the tour with no new music would be very dissapointing.

They have the built in GnR fan base. They have momentum now with CD out, and the great reviews from the 2010 and 2011 tours. They have a set line up of talented musicians. That all appear eager to write, record and put out new music. They played rhiad, blues, cd and Madagascar years before CD came out. Six years before.

To spend the next year touring, with no new music, will just continue to kill off or weed out the casual fans. And the diehard fans, like me, will get bored and find other music to fill the void. This site is a perfect example.....I uses to check it 4-5 times a day. Now, only every couple of days.

I don't know or understand how any band member or management team member cannot realize this.

New songs and tour make the band relevant.

Another CD tour and another year of no music....its a killer.

Guns N'Roses surprise return likely to kick off Europe tour

Axl Rose is the only SURVIVING member of the original Guns'N’Roses line-up while keyboard player Dizzy Reed played at Slane Castle on the Use Your Illusions tour.

Source - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0128/1224310869204.html?via=mr

Holy Shit? I hadn't heard. What happened to Izzy, Duff, Slash and Steven? Accident en route to the RNR HOF? I'm devastated.

Guns N'Roses surprise return likely to kick off Europe tour

Desmond said the request to play in Ireland came from Rose himself because the singer felt they had “unfinished business”with their Irish fans.

I like this part. Shows Axl cares about making it up to fans.

Let's hope "rehearse" translates into playing the songs live for fans instead of just jamming them before a show though.

Those ''unfinished business'' only means that GN'R + crew are gonna lock all the doors and start throwing pissbottles at the crowd.

Besides, they shouldn't be complaining at all. Axl came back and had one of his best nights vocally.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

I think Axl is somewhat willing to move forward.

I know better then to get excited over anything that is not concrete, but the general feeling is positive, and like someone said, at least it's not total silence and breaks between tour dates with no information at all.

It's also cool that Axl wants to fix what happened in Ireland.

Yeah sounds good to me. The US tour was a major success for Axl and GNR. And now to continue touring in Europe and hopefully making new music that's great news.

Axl said he feels very comfortable with his band and he did say he did eventually want to make new music, so let's give the guy a chance. If 10 years goes by and nothing, then we can bitch! lol