Adding a New Old Song to the Set

axlsalinger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear the Lies version of Youre Crazy...I wanna hear Axl's current take on it.

This is from 2010 so its fairly recent. I wish they jammed in this kind of setting a lot more, its pretty cool

Wow.. :heart:

Thanks I love that one too (what's in a name ;)) But I meant the whole version from It tastes good ;)

There is a version of this song itself? O.O

;)

Love it even more! ;D Thanks. Didn't know about full version.. :thumbsup:

"It's Alright" Nobody fkn believed me when I told em' it was a B.S. cover :rolleyes:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lVoje6oASZ0

A lot of people don't realize Sabbath had a lot of piano ballads.

I wouldn't go so far as saying "a lot", but the softer side of Sabbath is always killer.

On topic; of stuff not played after 1993, I'd really like to hear Yesterdays, Right Next Door To Hell, Mama Kin, and Move To The City. Of stuff that just hasn't been played in a few years, I'd like to see Oh My God and Think About You make a return.

Thanks I love that one too (what's in a name ;)) But I meant the whole version from It tastes good ;)

There is a version of this song itself? O.O

;)

Holy shit! Never heard this before, or even knew a full version existed, thanks for this. Anybody know what show this is from?

I'd like to hear the Lies version of Youre Crazy...I wanna hear Axl's current take on it.

This is from 2010 so its fairly recent. I wish they jammed in this kind of setting a lot more, its pretty cool

God, I miss Izzy and Slash playing the shit out of that song. You're fuckin' Crazy!

You're right... wont ever happen. Id love to c em do the acoustic couch set. Give axl a breather. Can sing a cpl acoustic tunes while sitting ..

They should do a full "greatest hits" tour, based on all albums except CD. It'd be a success because most people out there just wanna see a nostalgia act (even without Slash). :confused:

Worst idea I've heard...

Is it at this point? If they were to do that, i'd much rather have the people there who took part in the writing and recordings of those songs. Then again, how many people are actually purchasing their tickets to hear the CD songs live?

I guess the point is, Axl has to release new music, and hope it's successful and leaves some kind of relevant impact among ALL of the fanbase, not just the hardcores. Otherwise, what's the point?

The point is exactly to make the music for you and nobody else. Music is personal. Axl doesn't make music to become a rich sugar daddy for God's sake. He didn't make Chinese Democracy for you or me. He made it for himself and that is what a true artist does.

You're right... wont ever happen. Id love to c em do the acoustic couch set. Give axl a breather. Can sing a cpl acoustic tunes while sitting ..

They should do a full "greatest hits" tour, based on all albums except CD. It'd be a success because most people out there just wanna see a nostalgia act (even without Slash). :confused:

Worst idea I've heard...

Is it at this point? If they were to do that, i'd much rather have the people there who took part in the writing and recordings of those songs. Then again, how many people are actually purchasing their tickets to hear the CD songs live?

I guess the point is, Axl has to release new music, and hope it's successful and leaves some kind of relevant impact among ALL of the fanbase, not just the hardcores. Otherwise, what's the point?

The point is exactly to make the music for you and nobody else. Music is personal. Axl doesn't make music to become a rich sugar daddy for God's sake. He didn't make Chinese Democracy for you or me. He made it for himself and that is what a true artist does.

Axl will never make an album to try and please the masses as you so think. That alone would be worse than anything ever. The music output from GnR was not and is not some commercial pop idea created by Axl to gain fame.

I'm not suggesting selling his soul to the devil. I'm just saying the next record needs to be successful. If you're saying Axl's not trying to still be successful, or that he shouldn't try and be successful, that's stupid.

But no, I don't think he should make Nickelback like cock rock JUST to sell records.

They need a new song that reminds people of old GnR. Something power-ballady, like SCOM mixed with Better.

I'm not suggesting selling his soul to the devil. I'm just saying the next record needs to be successful. If you're saying Axl's not trying to still be successful, or that he shouldn't try and be successful, that's stupid.

But no, I don't think he should make Nickelback like cock rock JUST to sell records.

They need a new song that reminds people of old GnR. Something power-ballady, like SCOM mixed with Better.

It is not going to happen. Even if the classic lineup gets back together they will just be a bunch of old guys who think it is the 80's. Times have changed, people are into 30 Seconds to Mars and shit. Whatever is new and popular. Maybe if it was 1995 when people would have given a shit.

They should just write whatever the fuck they want.

Actually a lot of us older fans would love to hear GNR go back to the old style.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather have something in the likes of CD than the old stuff but they'd have more media impact if they released a modern day equivalent of an original GnR power ballad.

Actually a lot of us older fans would love to hear GNR go back to the old style.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather have something in the likes of CD than the old stuff but they'd have more media impact if they released a modern day equivalent of an original GnR power ballad.

I really don't think it will help much. Critics will say they were better 25 years ago.

I really don't think it will help much. Critics will say they were better 25 years ago.

There's always a chance, dude. There's always a chance.

There's always a chance, dude. There's always a chance.

Maybe around the world but it is a really tough sell here in the U.S.

Those who can't do,become critics

This x10