Did it seem to you Axl was holding back on his vocals during the 2011 tour

bigcountry

To me it seemed like Axl was holding back on his on the amount of strain he puts on his voclas for the 2011 tour?

Other than the rio show and a few shows after I think he had some sort of sickness that fucked his vocals up. Coulld have anything from a sinus infection to bronchitis. He sounded on those shows like he had a frog in his throat like you get when you have a respiratory illness, for the first few shows that got better over time and after that he seems to me to be holding back for some reason. .

With all this stuff that is going around right now it seems possible that he was doing so to save his voice to record on the road?

I KNOW there is no real concrete info on a new album but it does seem it could be a posiblity?????

Edited by bigcountry

To me it seemed like Axl was holding back on his on the amount of strain he puts on his voclas for the 2011 tour?

Other than the rio show and a few shows after I think he had some sort of sickness that fucked his vocals up. Coulld have anything from a sinus infection to bronchitis. He sounded on those shows like he had a frog in his throat like you get when you have a respiratory illness, for the first few shows that got better over time and after that he seems to me to be holding back for some reason. .

With all this stuff that is going around right now it seems possible that he was doing so to save his voice to record on the road?

I KNOW there is no real concrete info on a new album but it does seem it could be a posiblity?????

He had bronchitis for most of the tour

Really? I had no idea...well now I don't think it was bad considering

I LOVED how his voice was in the L.A Forum show. There was a perfect balance between rasp and mickey mouse (not too much rasp) at some points which I actually felt was a good thing. Didn't really appreciate his voice during the proshot Joint show tho.

Poor guy :unsure:

We'll find out by February if this is actually true. Bronchitis is a reasonable excuse if it's the chronic variety which can last 3 or more months. But that's only 10 per cent of cases. Most incidents of bronchitis are acute, which usually go away in a week.

If Axl did in fact have chronic bronchitis, good on him for still plowing through and performing when he did. Hopefully he's used the time to rest and will sound like he did in 2010.

If he still sounds the same come this summer with the shows in Europe then he's either got the world's worst case of chronic bronchitis or his voice is giving him problems for other reasons.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

We'll find out by February if this is actually true. Bronchitis is a reasonable excuse if it's the chronic variety which can last 3 or more months. But that's only 10 per cent of cases. Most incidents of bronchitis are acute, which usually go away in a week.

If Axl did in fact have chronic bronchitis, good on him for still plowing through and performing when he did. Hopefully he's used the time to rest and will sound like he did in 2010.

If he still sounds the same come this summer with the shows in Europe then he's either got the world's worst case of chronic bronchitis or his voice is giving him problems for other reasons.

Cheers,

Andrew

i really hope he doesnt sound like 2011 in Europe shows,sometimes he sound awefull.

I don't know anything about it, but can imagine that any throat problems, however acute, are not exactly allowed to heal at the natural rate by playing 3hr shows regularly.